It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vote None of the Above

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Vote None of the Above

In light of the recent economic crash and the pathetic choices on the up coming ballot paper I think everyone in the US needs to make a stand.

I am totally opposed to any violent retaliation like riots, but there are other ways to make your point.

Why not write on the ballot paper None of the above.

Imagine what would happen if 60% of voters did this. They would have to call for another election and hopefully with new candidates.

That is where we could ALL convince Ron Paul and Mary Kaptur to run together as independents. I am convinced these two would usher in a new Golden Age for the American Nation. Their well guided leadership would be inspirational the world over. Why do I think this? Because I am not even American yet I find them inspirational and would lend them my support in a heart beat!

Paul and Kaptur have come out of obscurity in the darkest hour which shows just how important these people are. They are the only shinning lights right now – don’t let them fade away.

For the record I would never have voted for a Republican in a fit, but I realize that the issues of today are beyond party politics. What America needs now is the BEST person for the job, no matter what political party they stem from.

This is your chance to change history. You will never have this opportunity again. Act now or forever hold your tongue. Revolution is upon you, but not at the end of a gun, but at the end of a pen - Vote None of the Above this November!

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 04:38 AM
link   
Wow, not one comment, not one star, not one flag after nearly 48 hours but lots of "viewed"...I guess this is deemed just too subversive for the "all talk and no action crowd" on ATS???

In all honesty I thought I was giving a genuine improvement idea to all of you that felt disheartened and frustrated about the current state of affairs in American politics. I was just trying to help...

Are you all really that spooked of posting a reply here that you look but don't touch? Indeed things are worse than I thought.

I realize that America has become a police state and most of you have good reason to be scared of what may be deemed as subversive. But that is the whole point - you have the power to change all this. They have tricked you into believing you are powerless.

I am not looking for a flame war, nor am I asking anyone to respond now. I was just very surprised given all the activity on this site around politics that not one person responded in any way. A first for me!

Peace to all

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 04:57 AM
link   
reply to post by WatchNLearn

Maybe some folks feel as I do that the fix is in for Obama so it really doesn't matter anymore what we the little people do. I know that I feel totally apathetic about this election and may not even bother to vote at all.

I agree that Ron Paul and Mary Kaptur (who I had never heard of before seeing her on You Tube) could possibly straighten this mess of a country out, but realistically we both know that won't and can't happen.

I almost feel like both major political parties were aware that the wheels were coming off the country's proverbial bus and decided to run weak candidates this election cycle and preserve their more qualified candidates for 2012.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 05:39 AM
link   
I was on the Ron Paul Radio chat six months ago, trying to tell people about Marcy Kaptur. I got the same sort of reaction, that no one knew who she was. I am a long time radio talk show listener and Marcy used to reguarly come on the Chuck Harder show, "For the People". He was a consumer advocate and he also had Ralf Nader on every week. Marcy is one of the few people who stood up to globalism and the first to talk about the North American Union and speak out against it.
Ron Paul is Done. The best way to vote "none of the above" is to vote for Nader.
Kaptur would be nice if she was actually running, but with this billionaire hand out, a lot of people should see that the two major candidates are bought, and Nader could actually win.

Marcy Kaptur is a congress person from Toledo Ohio and a Democrat.
Serving her thirteenth term, Kaptur is currently the most senior woman in Congress and in the House of Representatives; she ranks 32nd out of 435 members on the seniority list.

[edit on 29-9-2008 by jmdewey60]

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 05:50 AM
link   
As far as im concerned, it does not matter who you vote for, the next puppet has already been chosen and i do not plan to vote.
I thought i may vote for Obama, but i heard last night, thru Alex Jones, that Obama has put the word out that if there is any detrimental talk about him to have the people arrested. S'cuse me??????
For those of you interested, go to Prison Planet,com and get the streaming link.
An officer called in and said due to the Obama talk he could go arrest them immediatly.

Is this what we want? NO
Is McCain, a continuity of Bush what we want? NO!

I suggest people sit this one out and dont vote. LET THE GOVERNMENT KNOW YOU ARE ON TO THEM AND YOU KNOW ITS NOT GOING TO MAKE ANY DIFFERENCE ANYWAY.

LET THE GOOD TIMES ROLL.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 06:14 AM
link   
This is your most viable vote this election. I'm personally writing in my dude, Ron Paul. I like a lot of the third party candidates, and I really like McKinney, Nader, and Baldwin, but as far as making a statement goes, I think it's only fair that we write Paul's name in. He won the election with the American people and was destroyed by the media. He can't run or he'll lose his seat in a district he's been serving for 20 years.

Where we whined about his censorship, being left out of debates, and being ridiculed or totally blacked out on the media, we didn't take enough action. We now owe it to him to step up to the plate, and reclaim our dignity and his.

This is war. Believe it or not.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Don't get transfixed on the President. This election does provide us with a unique and close opportunity. Vote all incumbents out at every level of government. That would send a much larger message than trying to make a dent in the Presidential numbers. We need to send a message to the government, politicians and media that we CAN organize, are entirely fed-up and plan on cleaning-house.

Vote NO to EVERY incumbent. It's a message that cannot be ignored.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Politics in general ruin stuff. I say get rid of any kind of system and let the people defend what they have.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 08:39 PM
link   
I think a none of the above vote ,let's pretend it happened en mass, would result in an indefinite Bush administration. The biggest thing that I 've noticed that works is relentlessly sending letters to your representatives and congressmen . I don't know if you know this but any member of the public can initiate and or rewrite a bill,I know I've done it,yep that's right I rewrote a whole bill! I'm not an elected official,just a concerned citizen! So get involved in the legislation in your area and don't worry about who is president it doesn't matter

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Thanks for your input. I would love to hear more about your Bill and how you went about initiating it. This is the type of info they should be teaching in school!

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 03:32 PM
link   
I personally will be voting for Chuck Baldwin, Constitution Ticket, who has been endorsed by Ron Paul. However, that being said, I think that Obama will be elected anyway because my personal religious beliefs tell me that Obama is the start of the end times and there is nothing we can do to stop it.

Vote Baldwin!

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 04:42 PM
link   
As most people are caught up in the bickering between the democratic wing and the republican wing of the corporate party.This election will end up with a corporate canidate in the whitehouse.The only change we'll see is which industrial complex gets to rob us.I'll vote third party as thier the only ones that will end the fed and the madness.I do not agree with all the third party canidates however any one of them would get rid of the monster behind the curtin(the federal reserve bank).The only thing that I can see to do is vote third party and hope.Maybe the dollar will fail soon and the morons will wakeup when they have no tv and nothing to eat.Maybe it won't and they'll keep voting for the corporate party till it does.I try my best to inform but none is so blind as he who refuses to see you know.The only message that the corporate dems and repubs will ever see comes from the corporations not the people so sending them a message is like trying to convince people of what is going on and why,nothing but deaf ears.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 04:57 PM
link   
I am voting for Obama because I don't buy all the BS the anti-Obama cultists have been spewing paranoid crap on this board for the past half a year. They tried to scare us by throwing endless buckes of dung hoping something would stick but nothing really did as far as I could see. He is not perfect. He is not Jesus and he CERTAINLY is not the antichrist or anti-flying spaghetti monster for that matter. I have seen just a torrent of fear mongering on this website and others about how Obama is going to do this and that with next to no proof.

The president is but one elected position. You all should not wait another 4 years to get unexcited about elections again. I have 1.5 good representatives and 2 lousy senators. My state house is getting better too. Once the election is over that does not mean we get to kick back in our easy chairs and chowdown on cheese doodles. We need to be active in the political process. Some of you are so apathetic you will vote for no one or not even vote. Reminds me of the suburban kids slumming it in the city and begging for change when they could easily do a 9 to 5 like the rest of us.

No one will ever get me to not vote. No way. No how. At the very least I would find someone to write in that represented my ideals. If that were impossible I would write in a friend or myself.

When Dem pollsters call me and ask me about the number one issue I have told them dismantling the facist state.

Corporate media wants you to not care. Don't let them win.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 05:45 PM
link   
That's a perfect plan. Vote for a guy who is equally backwards as McCain. Because, these two men are your choices.. right? You're just doing what you know...

Even though Obama is for the draft, FISA, Patriot Act, NAFTA, and the Bailout.

Yeah, to hell with it.

"Lesser of two evils, right."

Wrong.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Delaying the election isn't going to help any as the alternatives are just as bad.

What if the Senate gets tied up in parliamentary knots? It's been known to happen. Then America is likely to get its first female President, at least until the deadlock is broken. No, she won't be named Hillary Clinton, nor will the acting chief be Sarah Palin.

Next-in-line will be the Speaker of the House, Democrat Nancy Pelosi.

AAAAAAARRRGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH !!!!!!!!!!!

[url=http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/7626471.stm[/url]

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by WatchNLearn
Imagine what would happen if 60% of voters did this. They would have to call for another election and hopefully with new candidates.

Great idea, but it wouldn't work even if 90% vote 'None of the above'. Elections are already pre-decided -- its already pre-determined that Obama will be the next president.

I don't vote.. so I wouldn't do the 'none of the above' thing myself. Good luck if that's something you'd like to try though.

- Mea

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by stikkinikki

Thank you very much for making my point for me.This is exactly why the united states will go down in flames.You tell them exactly why and they still want to argue about how thier corporate canidate is the best one to solve our corporate problem.All I can say is may your children not have to pay for your stupidity altho I'm afraid they will.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Hi WatchandLearn,I just joined this place and you're the first person who's noticed me! Not to surprised what with the whole invisible thing
I am a tattoo artist and years ago the legislature here got with a crazy guy who was a big self promoter and managed to get the whole legislature around here in a big panic about the spread of HIV in our industry . It was all smoke and mirrors he was trying to get a bill passed that would have made him the head of a dept of tattoo and piercing licensing for the State! So anyway they sent all the shops this crazy bill like this is what we're going to do and it was so ridiculous that I got ahold of my congressman whose office more or less walked me through the how to defeat a bill process ! they have debates on a timeline and they do weird stuff like go okay it's coming on the floor in 4 hrs if you don't like it YOU have to rewrite it and submit it to so and so committee by such and such time. So you have to stay on game and keep up contact like crazy and make sure you dot your I's and cross your T's but we got it done and the power grab was averted and order was restored
and I got a good education in how it's done
But the moral of the story is you can make a difference,you can

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 10:33 PM
link   
If you don’t bother to vote don’t bother complaining about whoever gets elected. If you don’t use what little voice you have in the country to be heard then no one will bother listening to you at all. I’m not saying you are right or wrong, I’m simply saying people around me don’t vote, and then they complain about the way things are and I don’t even bother listening to them because they aren’t doing what little they can. If you aren’t going to vote because you don’t agree with the two popular candidates fair enough, two men are chosen to be the main focus of an election, and no two men can please millions of voters, however those other million should collectively ban together in a more proactive way than showing up on voting day and not bothering to vote. Use your voice in another way instead of substituting it for silent protest, your voice is meant to be heard, not written on a piece of paper. What makes you think if many wrote that on their ballot that the media would even mention it anyway?

top topics

join