It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Die Yuppie Scum Die !

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Most are consumed by what they consume.

Value lies more then the truth.

Value quantity over quality.

Place profits before people.

... and these are the people who claim themselves to be the pillars of our society. Some refer to them as "yuppies"... i prefer "scum". Everywhere i look mini castles are being slapped together with zero pride/craftsmanship, soul-less boxes void of character and warmth... replacing beautiful ornate victorians. Pretentious labels are the core of their conversations with me-me-me slipped into every other sentence. In relating to other people, they judge a book by it's cover, and never take the time to open.

They're occupations generally rotate around finance and position with their social networks closely inline with their ambitions (social climbers). In their private lives... Nanny's replace mommy, and when mommy get's home she'd rather read people magazine then read a book to her kids. Dad's are rarely home and when they are they'd rather watch a ball game then play catch with their kid.

Politically they shouldn't have a right to vote, they barely know the issues less care about them, for their money and over blown status keeps them insulated from what most people have to endure. Taxes and whatever their flavor of religion dictates are their ballot.

I could go on and on... but i thought i'd let someone else get a jab in as well.

--------------------------

Disclaimer: I am making a very broad brush stroke here, and there are always exceptions to the rule. For those that this applies, please accept my apologies in advance... as for the rest of you who are offended ... go bite the big one.

[edit on 27-9-2008 by The All Seeing I]

join