It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corporate Pollution is Good Pollution

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2003 @ 05:46 PM
link   
"The Bush administration said yesterday it will consider removing Clean Water Act protections against pollution and development from up to one-fifth of the nation's streams, ponds, lakes, mudflats and wetlands. While the question is being decided, the administration said, federal regulators should act as if that policy already is in effect. Only by getting clearance from headquarters can the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers and Environmental Protection Agency try to protect the approximately 20 million acres that appear to be affected, administration officials said....The move was denounced by some environmentalists and their allies in Congress. Sen. James Jeffords, I-Vt., said it would "roll back 30 years of progress" under the landmark environmental law.For those waterways and wetlands that lose protection, "you can throw garbage in it or animal waste in it," said Joan Mulhern, a lawyer-lobbyist with the Earthjustice law firm. "You can kill it, ditch it or destroy it."...In Washington state, the policy apparently would remove protection from mudflats that scientists say are critical to the biological health of Puget Sound." David Beckman, director of the California Clean Water Project said Bush's decision, "is going to make it much easier for big corporations to develop wetlands and discharge pollutants into streams. It's a blatant attempt to sidestep Congress, a move under the cover of darkness to rewrite the rules incorporated by the act." (SFC) --Seattle PI, 01.11.03

seattlepi.nwsource.com...

I'm an avid fisherman, so you can tell where I weigh in on this; but quite frankly, I'm interested in seeing how our resident pro Bush folks feel about their favorite president making our natural resources & beauty a second tier consideration to corporate interests? Not to mention Air & Water quality for your children?

B

posted on Jan, 14 2003 @ 01:24 PM
link   
I can still remember Bushie Bush's famous words:"Either you're with us or you're without us"...

Then please could somebody tell me why America isn't with us with the Kyoto Environment treaty? The Land Mines treaty? And there are probably more treaty's that I don't know of...

Its a shame the American Gouvernment puts money above the environment!

(Damn how do u write that word? environment
)

posted on Jan, 14 2003 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Same old crapola from the same old shrub!! Some old friends in Texass have said he did the same thing there while he was govenor.

I'm interested too in the reaction from the Bush-backers here at ATS, since a large number of us are outdoors people with many varied interests.

I can hear the rants now about us tree hugging liberals valuing spotted owls over job creation!!! How dare we attempt to keep our air breathable and keep at least one pristine forest for our children to enjoy outside of pictures in the halls of the museums of natural history.

The fact is that most of the jobs these corporations are now creating are off-shore in some crappy little bung-hole country that regards the employee as an asset to be exploited and expended, then discarded when they are broken.

I for one have thrown my support into unionization when ever possible, in the past I was very anti-union but I'm leading efforts within my own company to get some representation for the few jobs we still have left. I've watched as the company I work for has reduced our work-force from 6300 locally (96000 world-wide) to roughly one third of both those totals in about 2 years time. And 90% of all the jobs cut have been in the USA since laying off workers in other countries is so much harder due to protections provided by unions and govt labor commisions.

So rant on righties, then I want to hear you explain to your kids or grandkids why they need to wear a gas mask just to outside to play.

[Edited on 14-1-2003 by USMC Harrier]

[Edited on 14-1-2003 by USMC Harrier]

B

posted on Jan, 14 2003 @ 05:14 PM
link   
And like the real Americans sayed, yes not you newbies!! The Native ones!

"You do not inherate the land of your parents you borrow it from your children."

[Edited on 14-1-2003 by B]

posted on Jan, 14 2003 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Beautifull words B, I guess bush doesn't want children.

LOL

what am I saying, he's a terrorist!

posted on Jan, 14 2003 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Could it be that the regulations do more harm to production than they help the environment at the current level, and the new level, while still aiding in controlling pollution, gives production a better edge in competition?

I'm not saying either way, I'm just asking the question. I do know, speaking as a former knee-jerk enviro-freak, that everything anti-capitalist nature-worshippers say is no more likely to be correct or truthful as everything corporate spokesmen say. I've seen their statements to be just as incorrect and self-serving.

posted on Oct, 17 2004 @ 06:13 AM
link   
cooperate pollution is the most expensive pollution there is! as long as our leaders wills are so easily enticed with money will continue to descrate our planet so malevolently. who gives a $hit about production when we are killing god, earth, and ourselves as we know it. i guess politicians dont care, since they wont be around to see the destrucion of earth, and their kids will inherant enough money to buy themselves all the best medicine. lovely world aint it?

new topics

top topics

join