It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

I have got a new mobile!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

page: 1
1

log in

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 04:26 AM
link   
Hi everyone, I am very happy today, last week was my birthday and my parents promised me a mobile phone as a gift, but I was busy all week and today, I have my hands on my gift.

The mobile is a nokia 5220 xpress music edition, costing 8000 ruppees and it is very slim and has 1 GB micro sd card absolutely free.
and it also has a 2 megapixel camera, see the technical specifications for yourself,

www.nokia.co.in...

I played with it and drained the entire battery and so have to wait until it charges up.

I am happy.


So, please do share what gifts you got from your parents on your birthday.




posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Let me be the first to congratulate you - and wish you a belated Happy Birthday.

It's lovely to see someone having so much fun, I hope you have many hours of enjoyment with your new phone.



posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 12:37 PM
link   
I got a Nokia 5000 as a late Birthday present from my Mum two days ago.

I am going to sent my old Nokia 3510i plus sim card to my Dad, that should stop him from txting and pestering me.

[edit on 27-9-2008 by _Volt_]



posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Happy birthday there peacejet!

I notice on that specs page you linked there is also a bluetooth stereo headset you could buy... (not the normal BT headset - the sterio headphones)

I had a bit of trouble with the music quility one the (cheap) one I brought, and none of the others that I have ever tried from other peoples phones / computers have never been very good IMO, so if you were considering a set my personal advice would be either get to try em out in the shop or go for the cable sort.

Actually I see you get a cabled set included Happy bday!


edit: also gatta say Nokia is a seriously good make for mobiles IMHO - i've had a 6630 now for more than 3 years.... you would not believe what it's been through, left out in the rain, dropped (one time I tried to catch it with my foot and sent it skidding under isles in a supermarket!!
) all sorts of other things - never missed a beat - it's a little scuffed bit thats it. I might buy a new case of e-bay, but this phone has defiantly earnt it's keep, I will keep it right up till it does finally give out!

[edit on 27/9/2008 by Now_Then]



posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by peacejet
 


A belated happy birthday from me also...



your post made me smile, to see someone so happy, it's kind of

infectious. I bet your parents are happy at how happy you are....

you've put me in a really good mood.





posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by berenike
It's lovely to see someone having so much fun, I hope you have many hours of enjoyment with your new phone.


Yes, I had lots of fun and the mobile has 3 preloaded games of snakes, rally and city blocks, which are fun to play.



posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by _Volt_
I got a Nokia 5000 as a late Birthday present from my Mum two days ago.

I saw the nokia 5000 in the shop too, it was kind of cool looking, I settled for the 5220 because of the xpress music feature.



posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Now_Then
Happy birthday there peacejet!

I notice on that specs page you linked there is also a bluetooth stereo headset you could buy... (not the normal BT headset - the sterio headphones)

I had a bit of trouble with the music quility one the (cheap) one I brought, and none of the others that I have ever tried from other peoples phones / computers have never been very good IMO, so if you were considering a set my personal advice would be either get to try em out in the shop or go for the cable sort.

Actually I see you get a cabled set included Happy bday!


edit: also gatta say Nokia is a seriously good make for mobiles IMHO - i've had a 6630 now for more than 3 years.... you would not believe what it's been through, left out in the rain, dropped (one time I tried to catch it with my foot and sent it skidding under isles in a supermarket!!
) all sorts of other things - never missed a beat - it's a little scuffed bit thats it. I might buy a new case of e-bay, but this phone has defiantly earnt it's keep, I will keep it right up till it does finally give out!

[edit on 27/9/2008 by Now_Then]


Yes, I plan to buy a bluetooth headset and use it at home, and the phone has rubberised back portion, so, I think it would give some protection against falls and resist rain water entering.



posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by callmedave
reply to post by peacejet
 

your post made me smile, to see someone so happy, it's kind of

infectious. I bet your parents are happy at how happy you are....

you've put me in a really good mood.




Thank you for the wishes, and I am glad that it made your day better.


[edit on 28/9/08 by peacejet]



posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Now_Then
I notice on that specs page you linked there is also a bluetooth stereo headset you could buy... (not the normal BT headset - the sterio headphones)

I had a bit of trouble with the music quility one the (cheap) one I brought, and none of the others that I have ever tried from other peoples phones / computers have never been very good IMO, so if you were considering a set my personal advice would be either get to try em out in the shop or go for the cable sort.

Actually I see you get a cabled set included Happy bday!



The bundled headset was great, and I didnt expect that at all just transfered some music from my fathers N72 to my mobile and I played the music and it was amazing, even the most minute of the sound was audible and the sound is great, I love this phone.



posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by peacejet

Originally posted by _Volt_
I got a Nokia 5000 as a late Birthday present from my Mum two days ago.

I saw the nokia 5000 in the shop too, it was kind of cool looking, I settled for the 5220 because of the xpress music feature.


Coolm omg all the £10 top-up has done, damn the web function.:bash:
Soo cool and addictive.:shk:



posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 07:26 PM
link   
You wont get good internet speeds on mobiles, trust me, it all depends on your service provider technology, I had used my fathers N 72, which had the fastest internet modem inbuilt in that time, and no I didnt get good speeds even on the nokia web site.



new topics

top topics



 
1

log in

join