It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would you choose to be a ghost for a while?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 12:58 AM
link   
Again, the thread title is pretty self explanatory.

If right after the moment of death, you were given the choice, would you enjoy being a ghost for a while?

You could chose where and for how long.

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 01:21 AM
link   
That is an easy one for me, yes.

I've always told my husband that if I go first, I'd be back to make sure he's not enjoying himself too much without me, he laughed, but honestly, he also looked a little scared

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 01:23 AM
link   
I'm outta here come my death, gotta get far far away from the incarnation process, get clear on what I am, and make an informed, educated decision as to what my next direction will be.

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 01:24 AM
link   
The first place I'd go is the girls locker room showers..

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 01:25 AM
link   
Good question, I would only hang around very briefly as a ghost, just long enough to see the inside of the Vatican Secret Archives (I gotta know whats in there), other than that......im done on this plane

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 01:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dog
If right after the moment of death, you were given the choice, would you enjoy being a ghost for a while?

Personally, I don't wait for death. I have plenty of astral experiences involving floating around and walking through walls etc. And watching people freak out the next day when you tell them what they were doing the night before never ceases to give me a buzz!

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 02:21 AM
link   
reply to post by NuclearPaul

Oh .. is that what they are, 'astral experiences' ?

I was going to write that I've been a bit ghost-like on occasion. Not all that often. At the time I had no sense of myself, no thoughts. Was basically like a video-camera: just recording. Pretty good recall afterwards. Didn't know what it was called. Wondered if I'd been a ghost on those occasions. And wondered if people would have 'seen' me as a ghost at the time. From that, it occurred to me that perhaps ghosts have no sense of themselves either and just float around 'recording' and visiting in similar fashion.

Every now and then I feel as if everything around me could be imagination or memory, with me as a ghost. When it happens, it's because things have an 'unreal' atmosphere. Fanciful nonsense I suppose. Doesn't happen all that often, but when it does, it's not unpleasant.

For most of my life I've been quite adamant about never wanting to come back here and have said it out loud and very forcefully on occasion.

However, these funny little 'ghost moments' are intriguing and as I say, are not unpleasant. So I've changed my mind a bit about a few things lately. The floating emotionlessly around, disembodied, no sense of self, visiting places and enjoying what is a very strange 'feeling' (bit sad, bit sweet, very accepting) takes a hold on one. Can't explain. But it's quite nice. It feels familiar, as if I've done it before and forgotten it, so it's similar to that 'on the tip of the tongue' sensation.

Being freed from emotions is really pleasant, as is the atmosphere which accompanies it. And it's occurred to me that if I have this acceptance of it now, then this may well cause me to drift into it for a while after physical death. Maybe we all do anyway, for a while at least. Sort of a 'debriefing' period, until we've let go of all the stuff which bound us to life. A 'head clearing' period, maybe .. which in turn frees us to drift up to higher dimensions.

Don't know what I'm talking about really ...

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 01:53 PM
link   
To be honest, having an OOBE or Astral Traveling, is a truly a great experience, as I have had many. But having these as a Human on this plane (and the astral) is one thing, but when your soul passes on from this world, you will experience the true extent of the worlds/planes/dimensions proceeding, and awaiting us, I doubt the very last thought in your mind (or consious, as some believe the soul to contain) will be wanting to hang around on this plane of existence while so many uknown planes awaiting ahead of you remain un-explored....

But as with all my opinions, they are open to interpretation...

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mathyn RainI doubt the very last thought in your mind (or consious, as some believe the soul to contain) will be wanting to hang around on this plane of existence while so many uknown planes awaiting ahead of you remain un-explored....

Well if it's not going to affect your next destination, what's wrong with hanging around having a little fun.

One could even "ghost" around ATS and post anonymous posts that never show up on the threads.

Oh wait ...

new topics

top topics

join