It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

100,000 in NYC rally as protests gather nationwide

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2004 @ 02:11 PM
link   
I can't believe how stupid COOL HAND is coming off. He's riding ECK about sources when he hasn't given any. ECK posts links at the end of many of his posts.
Then, he claims to be in the Navy but, he won't tell us where he's stationed or what unit he's in.
I think COOL HAND must be a 14 year old who saw "Top Gun" too many times and wants to be a Naval Aviator when he grows up. Watch out for Iceman when you get to Miramar dude.

posted on Mar, 25 2004 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by COOL HAND
I have, it's always the same thing. Bush sucks, war bad, conspiracies everywhere.

All I can say is you are very interested in my posts; otherwise, you wouldn't shadow me. Your characterization of the truth is pretty sad. If you want to discuss issues with me, you better get your facts straight. Otherwise, you come off sounding uninformed and ridiculous. Trust me when I say, a consensus is building on that.

Based on the comments you've made, I highly doubt it. I know Naval pilots, veterans of real wars and NATO, you sound NOTHING like them. - ECK

One, I highly doubt that you know any Navy Pilots since they do not exist. There are Naval Aviators in the Navy, the fact that you do not recognize the disctinction tells me that you do not know these people very well. I guess reading their books counts for you?

Is that really the best comeback you have?
Actually I would call my friends fighter jocks. And they are quite real, my friend. Try Korean War POW, flew Corsairs, for one. He's better than any book you're gonna pick up. He likes to call us GI's "Christmas Tree" for all the silly medals. That's ok. He can call me whatever he wants b/c he's the real deal. By the way, since you don't have a clue, lingo varies from branch to branch. I wouldn't expect you to know that, though.

Two, I never claimed to be one. You managed to infer that one, further proof of your jumping to conclusions.

Somebody wrote on a thread that that was what you claimed.

Third, what difference does it make what time I log on at? There are a lot of other people here who log on from work all of the time, some of them in the DOD as well.

Really, so where exactly would that be? Virginia, D.C.? How would you know what folks at the DoD are up to?

Makes me wonder what you do for a living if you have all of this time to post all that garbage you put out for people to suffer through?

Pretty sad you call truth garbage.

I'm still waiting... -ECK

Hope you are willing to wait a long time since I do not have to answer to you.

That, my friend, is exactly what I expected. This is too easy.

Once again you have degenerate another topic into character attacks against people who do not agree with you.

In the Army, the guys would say, "Waaahhh." If you can't stand the heat, get outta the kitchen.

As far as I am concerned you should only be allowed to operate from the Mud Pit.

Spoken like a true fascist.

posted on Mar, 25 2004 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by NotTooHappy
I can't believe how stupid COOL HAND is coming off. He's riding ECK about sources when he hasn't given any. ECK posts links at the end of many of his posts.
Then, he claims to be in the Navy but, he won't tell us where he's stationed or what unit he's in.
I think COOL HAND must be a 14 year old who saw "Top Gun" too many times and wants to be a Naval Aviator when he grows up. Watch out for Iceman when you get to Miramar dude.

Top Gun isn't at Miramar anymore dummy.

They moved it to Fallon.

The reason that I am not posting anything, is that how am I supposed to post links to articles that do not exist? No one has done any stories about the lack of coverage of the anti-war rallies.

If you are not convinced that I am in the Navy, then ask either browha or StarChild. They will vouch for me.

Also look at post number 406342. If that isn't enough I do not know what it will take to convince you people.

posted on Mar, 25 2004 @ 02:25 PM
link   
NotTooHappy,
I think Cool Hand's mission must be to derail perfectly good topics of conversation. Or maybe you're right about his/her age.

Support appreciated, btw.

posted on Mar, 25 2004 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Take your personal flame war to pm, this thread is about hippy ass protesters and they're free microbus bong smoking lovin's.

posted on Mar, 25 2004 @ 02:27 PM
link   
ECK,
Debating with you is like talking to a 4 year old. If everyone doesn't agree with you or what you say you just yell louder.

It's pretty pathetic.

If you want to have a intellectual debate name the time and place. Just leave your stupid little insults at the door.

What happened that turned you into such a bitter, bitter person?

posted on Mar, 25 2004 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fury
Take your personal flame war to pm, this thread is about hippy ass protesters and they're free microbus bong smoking lovin's.

I've tried to do that with ECK before, but I think he is afraid to operate on his own. There is no way for anyone else to pick up in his ranting if it done in private.

I agree about the hippy ass protestors though. Shouldn't they be out doing something that is actually constructive?

posted on Mar, 25 2004 @ 02:30 PM
link   

ECK,
Debating with you is like talking to a 4 year old. If everyone doesn't agree with you or what you say you just yell louder.

It's pretty pathetic.

If you want to have a intellectual debate name the time and place. Just leave your stupid little insults at the door.

What happened that turned you into such a bitter, bitter person?

If that's not the pot calling the kettle black, I don't know what is.

posted on Mar, 25 2004 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by NotTooHappy

Top Gun isn't at Miramar anymore dummy.

Not intelligent, not collegial. Sad.

The reason that I am not posting anything, is that how am I supposed to post links to articles that do not exist? No one has done any stories about the lack of coverage of the anti-war rallies.

I suggest you familiarize yourself with the google search. You'd be amazed at what you'll find. Give it try.
But, I warn you, you might find things that upset your narrow rhetorically-packed "world" view.

If you are not convinced that I am in the Navy, then ask either browha or StarChild. They will vouch for me.

There's no reason why you shouldn't be able to at least mention where you're at. I have one more question, you said you were stationed in Saudi Arabia. Where at? Very interesting. I'll definitely be looking into that.

posted on Mar, 25 2004 @ 02:34 PM
link   
There's no reason why you shouldn't be able to at least mention where you're at. I have one more question, you said you were stationed in Saudi Arabia. Where at? Very interesting. I'll definitely be looking into that.

It's called security. What I do is not something that I am willing to advertise to civilians. You were in the military at one point, didn't anyone ever teach you OPSEC?

I never said that I was stationed in SA. I said that I had been there.

Might want to double check these things before you post in the future.

posted on Mar, 25 2004 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Cool Hand,

Let's get back to the subject, shall we? The world-wide protests are a testament to how devious this administration has been. The size and scale of the demonstrations are beyond imagining and have not been seen since Vietnam. That is truly refreshing, to know that that many people know the truth and are willing to stand up and demand change.

I went to a protest rally last year for the first time in my life. As a proud veteran supporting our soldiers. I see what's going on and I see how BushCo has lied and mistreated our men and women in uniform. It's despicable. So many of our soldiers have been killed and maimed b/c of the greed of the elites. I'm not in uniform anymore, but I will fight in a civilian capacity for the troops - so that they will be used sparingly and wisely - as it was meant to be.

That is what supporting the troops actually means.

As for the media, it has done everything in its power to downplay the coverage and numbers of protesters. Big surprise. At this point, I would encourage everyone to read the foreign news media as well as U.S. coverage. That's the only way you're gonna be able to sort it all out and make real sense of it all. Anyone who did that prior to the Iraq invasion last year knew ahead of time the whole thing was a sham.

By the way, Cool Hand, people might take you more seriously if you had information/sources to back up your claims.

posted on Mar, 25 2004 @ 02:46 PM
link   

It's called security. What I do is not something that I am willing to advertise to civilians. You were in the military at one point, didn't anyone ever teach you OPSEC?

There's nothing wrong with saying what city you're in.
You should know that.

I never said that I was stationed in SA. I said that I had been there.

You might wanna keep your story straight. But while we're chatting, where at in Saudi?

posted on Mar, 25 2004 @ 02:49 PM
link   
That is what supporting the troops actually means.

As for the media, it has done everything in its power to downplay the coverage and numbers of protesters. Big surprise. At this point, I would encourage everyone to read the foreign news media as well as U.S. coverage. That's the only way you're gonna be able to sort it all out and make real sense of it all. Anyone who did that prior to the Iraq invasion last year knew ahead of time the whole thing was a sham.

By the way, Cool Hand, people might take you more seriously if you had information/sources to back up your claims.

Thanks for the advice, you might consider using unbiased sources in the future.

I do not think (IMHO) that you can support the troops without supporting the mission that they are partaking in. The two are interconnected and should be treated as one entity.

I appreciate the fact that we live in a country that gives people the right to protest when they think something is unfair here. That is one of the things that I put my life on the line to defend. However sometimes I think that the protests are for the wrong reasons, such as this case.

The people are protesting for a number of reasons and puttting them all under the single umbrella of anti-war. Okay, that is there right. There are people there who are against the war, against having troops there, against the current administation, etc. So, to claim that all the people are there strictly for the purpose of anti-war is absurd.

In case they missed it the war is over. We won.

posted on Mar, 25 2004 @ 02:52 PM
link   
ECK,
What is it going to take to get you to believe who I am?

Do you want me to call you from work so that you can see that it is a gov't phone? Would you like an email from my .mil account? Would you like me to come up there in uniform and knock on your door? How about I fax you all of my fitreps from the past year?

Now I know what it feels like to be stalked.

posted on Mar, 25 2004 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Thanks for the advice, you might consider using unbiased sources in the future.

This is what I mean by 'you give me a headache. My sources cross the idealogical spectrum. I know that's a foreign concept to you, though.

I do not think (IMHO) that you can support the troops without supporting the mission that they are partaking in.

That's a load of horseshyte. It is every citizen's job in this country to follow what our government does and to hold them accountable for the wrong they do. Supporting the troops is quite different. Don't you even understand that many of our troops and their families are utterly opposed to this? They've been some of the biggest protesters out there.

The people are protesting for a number of reasons and puttting them all under the single umbrella of anti-war. Okay, that is there right. There are people there who are against the war, against having troops there, against the current administation, etc. So, to claim that all the people are there strictly for the purpose of anti-war is absurd.

I'd bet you good money, every last one of them are against the illegal invasion and occupation.

In case they missed it the war is over. We won.

If you truly believe that, then you must be a 14 year-old as NotTooHappy suggested. If you had a clue you'd know this is Beirut to the nth degree. Oh yeah, and Iraq is teetering on the brink of a civil war. Hardly what I call "over."

posted on Mar, 25 2004 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Really, then where are all these people? I have yet to see one of them on my way into work every day. No one has come up to me when I am in uniform to screech at me. In fact people have come up to me and thanked me.

I doubt, very highly, that there are as many protestors now as there was during the Vietnam era. But, as always, certain people here go shooting from the mouth without the facts to back it up.

Coolhand,

i'm afraid you've just proven how small your world really is, a mental aqcuity, indeed...nothing but worthy of a rube...

those "hippies" are trying to undo a fallacious act being performed by an unstoppable power, and you should do what?

support them.
providing you look around you, you might see some incriminating posters, some anti-war declarations, and a load of other "criterion" available if you just looked.
however, i shall not intrude on your bubble cool-hand, one hopes you can gain the awareness for this world you're living in, ergo: the same awareness these amazing contributors are trying to reflect on you with

Cordially,
Cyrus

[Edited on 25-3-2004 by Cyrus]

posted on Mar, 25 2004 @ 03:03 PM
link   
100000 people is the size of the hick town i went to school at.
what are they bringing down, the dnc?

posted on Mar, 25 2004 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Im sure i heard about it in britain.

posted on Mar, 25 2004 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Does anyone recall last February, the weekend of the world-wide day of protest, U.S. Government officials ratcheted up the terror-warning leading up to the day? It was clearly meant to scare people away from turning out. I know it worked to a degree. I knew someone who was going to go but backed out b/c he was worried that an attack would occur (in Manhattan). I couldn't believe he wussed out.

See how they use the threat of terror to manipulate? DON'T LET THEM!

posted on Mar, 26 2004 @ 09:15 AM
link   
CoolHand: "I do not think (IMHO) that you can support the troops without supporting the mission that they are partaking in. The two are interconnected and should be treated as one entity."

Maybe in Nazi Germany, but not in the free world. You have to blindly support the MISSION in order to support the troops? That's a load of crap, you need to think these things through.

With an attitude like that, the Vietnam War would have never ended.

"There are people there who are against the war, against having troops there, against the current administation, etc. So, to claim that all the people are there strictly for the purpose of anti-war is absurd."

It's an ANTI-WAR protest because ALL these people are against the war. All of them. For various reasons, but the crux of their argument is that this war is WRONG. Trust me, I've been to 4.

"In case they missed it the war is over. We won."

You're deluded. More U.S. troops have died since you "won" than died during the actual invasion. This war is STILL costing you billions and billions of dollars and daily deaths of US troops and will continue to as long as you occupy Iraq.

And frickin BRAVO, you won a war against a country with no air force, no anti-aircraft capability, a pathetic armed forces and you have the most powerful military in the world.

It's like a huge fat kid in gradeschool beating up a tiny little kid half their age and half their size and then bragging about how tough they are. Grow up.

jakomo

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join