It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

100,000 in NYC rally as protests gather nationwide

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by COOL HAND

Two, people cannot oppose a war without opposing the troops fighting it. The two are interconnected. How do you show support for troops who fight a war that no one wants? "Way to go guys, war sucks?" That is ridiculous.

sorry, but i think you are completely wrong about that. i want the soldiers to be safe and home. being a soldier is a job, a lifestyle even, but once they become soldiers, they don't have a choice if they want to go to war or not, and contrary to popular belief, not every soldier is a gung-ho gun crazy pray for war hooah war munger. whether we go to war or not is up to the politicians. it's their choices i don't support.

[Edited on 24-3-2004 by teenagehousewife]

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 09:28 PM
link   
protests across the world
shows the world is becoming more aware of the nonsense.

posted on Mar, 25 2004 @ 06:17 AM
link   
sorry, but i think you are completely wrong about that. i want the soldiers to be safe and home. being a soldier is a job, a lifestyle even, but once they become soldiers, they don't have a choice if they want to go to war or not, and contrary to popular belief, not every soldier is a gung-ho gun crazy pray for war hooah war munger. whether we go to war or not is up to the politicians. it's their choices i don't support.

[Edited on 24-3-2004 by teenagehousewife]

Sorry, but you are the one who is wrong. Anytime that a soldier does not want to fight anymore he can request a transfer to a non-combat unit. If there is sufficient reason, that transfer will be granted.

A soldier's job is to go to war when called upon. Part of that entails going into harm. It is just a fact of life for us.

I am sorry that your husband is over there and does not support it. If he feels so strongly about it then he should request a transfer. Otherwise he is over there for the wrong reason.

posted on Mar, 25 2004 @ 07:55 AM
link   
That should work now. Check out the pic at the bottom of the page. It's priceless.

www.libertyforum.org... .php?Cat=&Board=news_news&Number=1383190&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=365&part=

[Edited on 19-09-2003 by EastCoastKid]

posted on Mar, 25 2004 @ 07:59 AM
link   
eastcoastkid, you link doesn't work.. i got this:
"We cannot proceed.

We encountered a problem. The reason reported was:

Forum not found"

posted on Mar, 25 2004 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Here it is:

"Impeach Bush!" Resounds Across the Country [ Post 1383190 ]

Category: News & Opinion Topic: News & Current Events
Synopsis: Across the Country the Call for Impeachment Was Heard on March 20
Source: VOTE TO IMPEACH!
Published: March 23, 2004 Author: RAMSEY CLARK
For Education and Discussion Only. Not for Commercial Use.

"Impeach Bush!" Resounds Across the Country

Across the Country the Call for Impeachment is Heard on March 20
To Every Congressional Candidate that Wants Your Vote: Demand They Support Impeachment
Spring is Here - a Time for ImpeachBush.org Lawn Signs to Blossom Everywhere

Dear Liberty Forum Member,

Congratulations on making March 20 such a powerful success! On the first anniversary of the attack on Iraq, people came into the streets united in huge numbers to repudiate the Bush administration. From coast to coast, in New York, in San Francisco and Los Angeles, in Chicago, in Crawford, TX the call to Impeach Bush also rang out. Demonstrations were held in more than 250 cities and towns throughout the U.S. and VoteToImpeach contingents and individuals carrying the Impeach Bush message were out in full force.

It is no wonder that so many more people are joining the campaign to remove Bush, Cheney, Rumsfeld and Ashcroft from office. Each and every day a new lie promoted by the administration unravels in full public view. It is no longer a secret, if it ever was, that the administration was planning to carry out a war to conquer Iraq from the first day it took office. While the people of the country were in a state of shock and mourning, Bush and high administration officials saw September 11 as an "opportunity" to escalate its plans for war against Iraq. (See the accounts of former Secretary of the Treasury Paul O'Neill and those of Richard Clarke, Bush's former top counterintelligence official.) Bush's war of aggression has led to tens of thousands of deaths in Iraq, nearly 600 deaths of U.S. Gi's and created a climate of hatred.

Over the past months, impeachment activists have worked to introduce impeachment resolutions in their local city and town councils, and have undertaken letter writing campaigns and delegation visits to their representatives to push for impeachment. All of us have built this grassroots movement across the United States, reaching neighbors, friends and co-workers to build the campaign.

March 20 was built from the ground up. As people distribute leaflets, flyers, bumper stickers, wear t-shirts, and display lawn signs, each of us is making a difference. During the months ahead every candidate running for office (and all 435 members of the House of Representatives are up for election) should hear the message from the people that they demand that elected officials uphold the Constitution and impeach George W. Bush, Cheney and the others.

Let's get the word out there as far and wide as possible. Spring is not only a time of renewal (and hopefully warmer weather) it is also a time to make sure every block has an ImpeachBush.org lawn sign, that for every median strip cluttered with candidate signs the bright yellow ImpeachBush.org sign is prominent, and that the Sticker it to Bush campaign goes into full bloom. You can pick up materials by clicking here for the Impeach Bush Resource Center.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

artbishop writes: "Vote to Impeach the Bush Cabal or FOREVER HOLD YOUR MOUSE!

Forward this thread."

Edited by artbishop on 03/24/04 08:03 PM.

posted on Mar, 25 2004 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by jrod
100,000 people in NYC protesting without getting the media's attention, sounds like BS to me.

Why cant there be protests by sane people in the name of something with a cause like the enviroment. It appears to me that some protesters are a little loco and really hurt their cause, especially when in a large protest they are whining about the war, race equality, gay rights, while some crazies are running around breaking stuff. Rally for a cause, not because you are mad at the world.

If you want to understand why these acts occur, a good place to start is investigating COINTELPRO. Agents provocateurs (like some on this site who will remain nameless) infiltrate the ranks of protesters and cause all sorts of trouble - creating the illusion that the protesters are troublemakers. It's an age old trick. And it's pure evil.

All blame, of course, cannot be placed on provocateurs, but alot of it can. And although congress banned the program, Attny. Gen. Asscroft, I'm sure, is fully behind it.

Run a google search on COINTELPRO. It will shock you to learn what the FBI and CIA are capable of. Your government working for you.

posted on Mar, 25 2004 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by EastCoastKid
Run a google search on COINTELPRO. It will shock you to learn what the FBI and CIA are capable of. Your government working for you.

Id be shocked if any people on a site like this didnt know about something as basic as cointelpro. But in anycase...

Next wave of weapons used on citizens

Pretty soon, they wont just be using these things in iraq, they will be using them at protests. If we were seeing the numbers of protests and people that the UK.. or Spain are seeing, they would already be in use. But us lazy ass americans stand for nothing. And when we finally do, it will be too late.

posted on Mar, 25 2004 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Because he doesn't grasp how the media actually works.

It is government-corporate-driven, Cool Hand. That has nothing to do with what the people want.

Engineering consent: The New York Times' role in promoting war on Iraq
By Antony Loewenstein

March 23, 2004 "Sydney Morning Herald"

This is the first 'Engineering consent' column by Antony Loewenstein, to focus on the inside workings of big media.

�One of the most entrenched and disturbing features of American journalism [is] its pack mentality. Editors and journalists don�t like to diverge too sharply from what everyone else is writing.� Michael Massing, The New York Review of Books, February 26, 2004

www.informationclearinghouse.info...

posted on Mar, 25 2004 @ 10:01 AM
link   
ECK,
I understand how the media works, it appears to me that you are the one who does not understand. It's all about who can get the most readers/viewers. They are the ones who get the big money. How do they do that, by picking the stories that people want to hear and talk about. The other stuff they bury because no one cares.

Will you ever use something that is not leftist as a source for your arguments? Reading the stuff that you posts makes my head hurt because it is so stupid and uninformative.

posted on Mar, 25 2004 @ 10:01 AM
link   

100,000 in NYC rally as protests gather nationwide

Meanwhile, 6,499,900,000 sit at home and let the government do its own damn job

posted on Mar, 25 2004 @ 10:32 AM
link   

ECK,
I understand how the media works, it appears to me that you are the one who does not understand. It's all about who can get the most readers/viewers. They are the ones who get the big money. How do they do that, by picking the stories that people want to hear and talk about. The other stuff they bury because no one cares.

You're so funny, it's absurd. You have no idea what you're talking about. And I have every confidence that the readers see this.

Will you ever use something that is not leftist as a source for your arguments? Reading the stuff that you posts makes my head hurt because it is so stupid and uninformative.

It makes my head hurt having to break everything down for you. As long as you cling to your strictly partisan sources you will never understand the truth about anything. You need to broaden horizons in a really bad way.

BTW, you never did tell us where exactly you're stationed.

posted on Mar, 25 2004 @ 12:01 PM
link   
You're so funny, it's absurd. You have no idea what you're talking about. And I have every confidence that the readers see this.

It makes my head hurt having to break everything down for you. As long as you cling to your strictly partisan sources you will never understand the truth about anything. You need to broaden horizons in a really bad way.

BTW, you never did tell us where exactly you're stationed.

Firstly, I do know how it works. Why can't you accept that. Since you are such a genius on the subject why don't you enlighten us?

Second, you do not know what my sources are. How can you then label them as partisan? You are a great one for jumping to conclusions.

Lastly, you do not need to know where I am stationed. It adds nothing to the argument. All you need to know is that I am a member of the US Navy. That is it. If it had any relevance whatsoever, I would have told you by now.

posted on Mar, 25 2004 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Firstly, I do know how it works. Why can't you accept that.

Since you are such a genius on the subject why don't you enlighten us?
Read my threads.

Second, you do not know what my sources are. How can you then label them as partisan? You are a great one for jumping to conclusions.

First go look up the word rhetoric. It's all you have.

Lastly, you do not need to know where I am stationed. It adds nothing to the argument.

Wrong. I can't help but notice the times you are logged in. Makes me very curious as to how you would have so much time to spend here chatting. If you were actually in the Navy, you'd be at work during these times - most likely. Or you'd be asleep. Unless of course, you are maybe ONI on a little mission of dis-info? I highly doubt that, tho; you have absolutely no knowledge of US/World history. So, in fact, it is relevant. I was stationed with the 101st Airborne Division, Ft. Campbell, KY, when in-country. See how easy that was?

All you need to know is that I am a member of the US Navy.

Based on the comments you've made, I highly doubt it. I know Naval pilots, veterans of real wars and NATO, you sound NOTHING like them.

That is it. If it had any relevance whatsoever, I would have told you by now.

I'm still waiting...

posted on Mar, 25 2004 @ 12:13 PM
link   
I for one welcome back the potsmoking hippy protest songs, love not war, no blood for oil, wacked out acid induldged cross country microbuss trips to the greatfull dead.

whee!

posted on Mar, 25 2004 @ 12:23 PM
link   
I have to agree. If more folks partook of the herb, the world would be a much more friendly, laid back place.

Long live the hippees!

posted on Mar, 25 2004 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Read my threads.

I have, it's always the same thing. Bush sucks, war bad, conspiracies everywhere.

Based on the comments you've made, I highly doubt it. I know Naval pilots, veterans of real wars and NATO, you sound NOTHING like them.

One, I highly doubt that you know any Navy Pilots since they do not exist. There are Naval Aviators in the Navy, the fact that you do not recognize the disctinction tells me that you do not know these people very well. I guess reading their books counts for you?

Two, I never claimed to be one. You managed to infer that one, further proof of your jumping to conclusions.

Third, what difference does it make what time I log on at? There are a lot of other people here who log on from work all of the time, some of them in the DOD as well. Makes me wonder what you do for a living if you have all of this time to post all that garbage you put out for people to suffer through?

I'm still waiting...
Hope you are willing to wait a long time since I do not have to answer to you.

Once again you have degenerate another topic into character attacks against people who do not agree with you. As far as I am concerned you should only be allowed to operate from the Mud Pit.

posted on Mar, 25 2004 @ 01:17 PM
link   
I've been to 4 antiwar protests up here in Montreal, the last one on Saturday (3 before the war).

Call me what you want, but I live in a democracy and it's my RIGHT to stand up for things I believe in. Not just sit around and whine and bitch.

And you know what, we've been right so far.

I'll be able to tell my grandchildren "Yes, I was around during the Iraq Invasion, and I marched on the streets to help tell the WORLD this was the wrong thing to do."

Because it WAS and IS the wrong thing to do. And the thing is, it's being done in YOUR name, not mine. And if I believe in something, and I do nothing about it, I don't deserve to enjoy the benefits of my country's democracy.

10 years from now you'll be wondering why Americans are STILL hated and being killed the world over. And I'll be busy banging anti-war chicks.

Enjoy!

posted on Mar, 25 2004 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jakomo
I've been to 4 antiwar protests up here in Montreal, the last one on Saturday (3 before the war).

Call me what you want, but I live in a democracy and it's my RIGHT to stand up for things I believe in. Not just sit around and whine and bitch.

And you know what, we've been right so far.

I'll be able to tell my grandchildren "Yes, I was around during the Iraq Invasion, and I marched on the streets to help tell the WORLD this was the wrong thing to do."

Because it WAS and IS the wrong thing to do. And the thing is, it's being done in YOUR name, not mine. And if I believe in something, and I do nothing about it, I don't deserve to enjoy the benefits of my country's democracy.

10 years from now you'll be wondering why Americans are STILL hated and being killed the world over. And I'll be busy banging anti-war chicks.

Enjoy!

I agree, but it's not Americans in general. Any time you get that many people together, you're going to have a larger majority of idiots. We have more people than any other country. What would you expect? The percentage of idiots is probably no more than anywhere else, although we probably have more idiots in politics than any other part of the world. That's what happens when idiots can vote, I suppose.
You don't have to be intelligent to be successful in America. You just have to have money, or friends in high places, apparently.

[Edited on 3-25-2004 by Satyr]

posted on Mar, 25 2004 @ 01:48 PM
link   
satyr: "You don't have to be intelligent to be successful in America. You just have to have money, or friends in high places, apparently."

Well said! Bush definitely never won even a spelling bee

jako

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join