It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will War emerge if the American economy collapses?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 12:15 AM
link   
A lot of talk of there not even being elections..
I thinks it's very possible.

Anyways.. IF the American economy goes to #, money isn't worth Rupees..

Will they go to War with Iran and possibly Russia?

If you have a huge military and your country goes broke...
You still have a huge military.

Last resort.

Wars restore jobs and economies..

Like a... last resort, Make or Break America..

Am I crazy?

[edit on 27-9-2008 by xbranscombex]

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 12:21 AM
link   
No, your sane, it's the world around you that is crazy.

War historically follows this type of crisis, and war drums are being heard.

I think a Russia/US war is quite close IMO.

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Wars restore jobs and economies..

Like a... last resort, Make or Break America..

Am I crazy?

I'm afraid that the only thing wars do is death and destruction. It destroys capital investment, and kills the labor force.

You know why unemployment rate went down during WW2? It's because 12 Million people were drafted into war. Don't be fooled into the old and misguided thinking that war is good for the economy.

War is the worst thing for any economy, the currency is inflated, people are drafted from producing productive goods into non-productive killing goods, the government also crowds out investment into the private sector by encouraging people to buy worthless "KILLING BONDS" instead of productive companies.

It is a misnomer that WW2 led us out of the depression. Please listen to this podcast, when you have the chance.

www.lewrockwell.com...

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by xbranscombex

It is 5 Minutes to Midnight
Here is a link for you to keep an eye on the clock. Last time Russia and the US pull their balls on the table it was 2 minutes from midnight!

In 1947, during the U.S.–U.S.S.R. Cold War, the clock was started at seven minutes to midnight, and subsequently advanced and rewound per the state of the world and nuclear war prospects. Setting the clock is relatively arbitrary, and decided by the directors of the Bulletin of the Atomic Scientists reflecting global affairs. The clock has not always been set and reset as quickly as events occur; the closest nuclear war start, the Cuban Missile Crisis in 1962, reached crisis, climax, and resolution before it could be set to reflect that possible doomsday.

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 12:57 AM
link   
Will we go to war? More than likely, yes.

The real question is will it be with a foreign or domestic enemy? Mnay people are dropping the F-bomb in conjunction to saying No to the bailout. If the bailout goes through and the economy tanks anyways, expect some actions to speak louder than words.

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 01:10 AM
link   
No, you're not crazy. I'd be willing to put money on that scenario happening in the not too distant future.

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 04:15 PM
link   
A lot of mixed thoughts here...

I figure if your a millionaire and have a lot of enemies and a lot of guys.. well, if you lose all your money and still have a lot of enemies.. you still have a lot of guns lol

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 12:40 PM
link   

top topics

join