It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bizarre Morgellons remains a mystery

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Bizarre Morgellons remains a mystery

www.msnbc.msn.com

So far, Morgellons has two strikes against its being recognized as a distinct disease: Hundreds of conditions share many of its symptoms, and no one can imagine what would make specks and fibers emerge from intact skin. What little has been written about it in the medical literature essentially says that Morgellons is delusional parasitosis, in which disruptions in brain chemistry cause the unshakable belief that organisms are digging into and sprouting from the skin. The itching and crawling sensations, the papers say, are the effect of neurons misfiring. The rashes are the result of patients obsessively scratching. And the fibers are environmental contaminants — pet hair, clothing fluff, fragments of dead insects—that collect on their sticky, self-inflicted wounds. In other words, it’s all in the patient’s head. Nevertheless, the authors say, doctors shouldn’t scold or correct patients who claim to have contracted Morgellons. Instead, they should establish rapport, so as to get the sufferers on the right psychiatric drugs.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Very interesting, I have read a little on this and it seems weird that it did not gain any interest until recently. Also that it is ruled out as a real disease because doctors cant imagine what would cause some of the strange symptoms or because many of the symptoms overlap many other diseases.
I feel awful for anyone suffering from this.

www.msnbc.msn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by iamcamouflage

It seems as though it would be easy to discredit the idea that the fibers are just lint from clothing or furniture sticking to sores.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by iamcamouflage

Well as somebody who contracted it, I can tell you it is far worse than imaginable.

I remember when it started to spread all over my body to the point where all my skin less my face, was all rash and open sore. One night I couldn't sleep due to the pain. The pain felt as if I had thousands of fire ants inside and out of my body. I got in the shower and began incessantly scratching myself to tears in the fetal position. I'm a very rational person but it might be the one time I got a glimpse of psychosis. It's no wonder they use delusional parasitosis to cover this up.

I never felt the psychotic feeling again but the brain fog that came with it initially was unbearable. Craziest feeling ever. I saw so many doctors and all of them were stumped. Probably because medical school just teaches doctors what medicines to prescribe and not how to be an actual doctor. I did find a cure that worked for me: olive leaf extract. Everything except for the spot on my foot (the source) has gone away. My arms and legs were left with white scars all over them but other than the spot on my foot itching every once in a while, I have very fortuantely been freed from its grips.

The true conspiracy in it is that imo it is a manmade disease released on humans through chemtrails. The fact that there is no official research and they had a psychological condition to explain the symptoms immediately reeks to the high skies.

And your right, the flecks and fibers that come from your skin are real and very easy to discredit them as lint and such.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 11:50 PM
link   
That one spot on your foot that hasn't/won't go away...have you tried excising it? Cut away the spot and a bit of the surrounding tissue. Might work. See a physician and find out if it's an option.

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Universal Light

I find it strange that it was discredited for so long when other syndromes and diseases are credited with more vague symptoms. Granted these also took awhile to be accepted but nonetheless they were accepted much sooner: Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and Fibromyalgia are even more vague symptoms.

Glad to hear you found relief, you should tell your story and hopefully help others. Is olive oil known among those suffering?

[edit on 27-9-2008 by iamcamouflage]

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by netwarrior
That one spot on your foot that hasn't/won't go away...have you tried excising it? Cut away the spot and a bit of the surrounding tissue. Might work. See a physician and find out if it's an option.

Thanks. The spot covers roughly 70% of my foot so I don't think that can be an option. The intensity of the spot varies but recently it's been good and is the closest to being healed as ever.

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by iamcamouflage
reply to post by Universal Light

I find it strange that it was discredited for so long when other syndromes and diseases are credited with more vague symptoms. Granted these also took awhile to be accepted but nonetheless they were accepted much sooner: Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and Fibromyalgia are even more vague symptoms.

Glad to hear you found relief, you should tell your story and hopefully help others. Is olive oil known among those suffering?

[edit on 27-9-2008 by iamcamouflage]

I agree completely with your analysis over other syndromes.

I don't believe olive leaf extract is very well known in the community. Most of the people I've told about it have not had as good a success rate as I had. That's why I don't heavily promote it. I also do a lot of lightwork/meditation in terms of healing so I think that has helped as well. People who suffer will try anything so I'm sure there are other individuals who have found things that work for them but not others.

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 01:54 PM
link   
I'm curious. Has anyone ever removed these fibers and had a chemical or DNA test done on them? Surely, out of all the people on the internet support groups, someone has thought of this. If so, what has been the result?

The link to Lyme disease seems significant. A mutation, perhaps? If the fiber samples have been run through the forensic databases and not found to have a correlary, then they need to do a full spectrum analysis. Maybe something about Lyme disease (or its exotoxins) combines with environmental pollutants (or chemtrail) to produce the strange fibers.

Has any research been done to find a commonality among the sufferers? Blood type, family history, eating habits, hobbies, work environments, male to female ratio of those afflicted, etc.? Is it communicable?

I know we have a few people on this board who are Morgellons sufferers. I would really like to know how to treat any victims of this affliction I may encounter. Any information or links would be appreciated.

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 02:14 PM
link   
here you go folks,all the answers you need
www.rumormillnews.com...

in short morgellons is a nanobot infestation.

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 02:22 PM
link   
and dig this,

Anna's sample LN13354-1B aluminum, phosphorous, potassium and nickel were missing, but zinc was present which was not present in Dr. Zamengo's data. The sample from Anna was from a lesion that she has suffered with for seven years (materials sample 2 inches by 1/8th inch) on her thigh. Zinc/copper is found bound to super oxide dismutase (SOD) in the outer cellular membrane. It is used to protect the cell from neurotoxins entering it and react with the organelles or nuclear membrane. The presence of zinc may be the interaction of transitional metals with the same valence charge as zinc.

chem11.proboards2.com...

the truth is slowly spreading,and whats more who is really behind it all,those who are of the gray kind.

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 12:47 AM
link   
reply to post by welivefortheson

I'm sorry. I don't understand. Why would grey aliens want to infest humans with nanobots? What could possibly be the reason? Help me to understand, please. Thank you.

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by whitewave

to control our bodies and minds.

there are many other possibilites aswell,just about anything is probible with nanobots!

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 07:55 PM
link   
are the chemicals wafting from computers causing morgellons? www.rawair.net... ? it may sound far fetched but not everyone reacts the same way to chemicals.

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Photos. Use a cell phone, make a video, No offense. This is not the type of thing people normally use for attention.

But if you could show us some photo graphic evidence we could get a better idea of your condition... Also where or what do you live around? Airforce bases? Powerplants? The fibers,.... Do you ever save them? Ever had them analyzed by people other than doctors?

An outside opinion might be able to shed light on a subject that a doc might miss...

I do not know...

I do know Rife machines work. I was skeptical till I started helping others. I bought one just to protect meself but the stuff I have cured with it...

Just look up rife.org... Or if your in the state of tx U2U me and I can make the drive to share my unit...( I have done so before From S.A. to houston as long as a person is texan it is not to far to drive...outside of texas I ask people to pay for my gas.)

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Universal Light
The true conspiracy in it is that imo it is a manmade disease released on humans through chemtrails. The fact that there is no official research and they had a psychological condition to explain the symptoms immediately reeks to the high skies.

There is no factual relationship that exists between supposed Chemtrails and Morgellons. There is no such thing as Chemtrails to begin with, and the leading researchers say that Morgellons appears to be related to a plant disease. The people who contract, it for some reason, have a weaker immunity to this fungus which most human bodies fight off.

Morgellons
Current Morgellons research at a laboratory in Massachusetts shows that individuals affected by Morgellons disease have been in contact with soil and/or water containing cyanobacteria (blue-green algae), algae, aquatic fungi, water molds and lichen (algae and fungi). This assemblage of organisms, and associated bacterial populations, is common in soil and aquatic environments where cryptobiotic soils are present and/or in environments where nutrient rich conditions promote the development of algae blooms. 

Dermal contact with a water source and/or inhalation of aerial dust containing cyanobacteria and algae may lead to the progressive colonization of organisms that are capable of feeding on or consuming these photosynthetic producers, thus contributing to the wide range of symptoms reported by Morgellons sufferers.  Incidental growth of these opportunistic populations, such as actinomyces, aquatic fungi and true fungi, are known to promote disease in humans, as they consist of species capable of degrading either cellulose or keratin (skin/hair).  Evidence for the presence of opportunistic micro- organisms in samples is indicated by the occurrence of capsule-like Morgellons particles that have been identified as parasitized pine pollen grains.  Chytrid populations are obligate parasites of frogs, nematodes, algae, cyanobacteria, plants, and pine pollen (see photo below).

Originally posted by whitewave
I'm curious. Has anyone ever removed these fibers and had a chemical or DNA test done on them?

Yes, they are cellulose based.

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

Thank you for that Defcon5. I'm wondering if these parasites you mention are capable of producing or causing the human body to produce fibers that do not burn at 1600 degrees F (as mentioned in the article from the OP).

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 08:22 PM
link   
The first thing that came to mind when I read this story was an article I've previously posted on ATS, about the plastic dead zones in our oceans, where the plastic junk from our lives floats about, entangled with sea life, and full of tiny plastic nodules.. it sounds to me like reaction to toxins, the body trying to extrude the bad things however it can.. it would not surprise me if this is the conclusion reached eventually.. it doesn't sound like bacteria or virus or body misfiring.. very weird indeed.

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by whitewave
I'm wondering if these parasites you mention are capable of producing or causing the human body to produce fibers that do not burn at 1600 degrees F (as mentioned in the article from the OP).

Sorry I am not finding that in the article, I even used “find” and it came up as blank. Could you post the quote where you found that at, as it sounds interesting if true.

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

It's on page 3, 9th paragraph down. The fibers were run through the police forensic database and were not comparable to anything known in their files. It was definitely not anything cellulose based. Curioser and curioser.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join