It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Ron Paul Won't Be Elected?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 09:54 PM
link   
What do you think is the reason Ron Paul may not be elected? Is it that he's an idiot? That no one will think he will win because he is not of one of the two majority parties? He's too real for people? Too challenging? We all think he doesn't stand a chance?

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 09:58 PM
link   
I don't know why I'm responding to this..

But, I assume you are not from the U.S. And that this is a genuine query......

Ron Paul is a Republican. So he is a member of the major 2 parties.

The reason he won't get elected?? Gee.. Let's see... Could it be that he didn't win his parties nomination?

A true shame, because Ron Paul would have changed America for the better.

Edit

Is it that he's an idiot?

Didn't see this part of your post before I responded... If I had, I wouldn't have responded.. Obviously if the American people knew back then what they know now - Paul would have been nominated by his party. The media is begging RP for sound bites now.......Is he an idiot???? FAR from it.

[edit on 9/26/2008 by justme2]

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by justme2

Oh, sorry, I was under the impression he was running as an independent now.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Ron Paul was not elected because the Republican populous preferred McCain, Romney and Huckabee over him. Theres no conspiracy, this isnt a matter of "what voters know" as there are plenty of resources for them to find out about the candidates.

Ron Paul lost the primaries, simple as that, its politics, there are winners and loosers.

I see your point though, Ron Paul does appear to be the only true conservative but again, he simply didnt appeal to enough voters. I think too many angry ron paulers are making excuses about why he lost.

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 12:17 AM
link   
I live in Louisiana and I am avid Ron Paul supporter and I have to say here their was trickery. The Ron Paul bunch were the only ones to have a full page of delegates during the caucus and every canidate was short. The GOP changed their date due to that and gave the UNKNOWN ticket called the family values ticket no canidate 2 more days to get their delegates together. When we arrived at the polling station We had everyone come in a church buss trying to hand us ballots with no offiliation but against abortion. They were handing these out to everyone being shipped in from everywhere. The vote went on and the un-named ticket won most of the delegates but they were not awarded and the ron paul people came in second. Now when it came for the popular vote came about the huckster won the popular vote. Now when the smoke cleared the LA. GOP handed all the delegates to John Mc'Cain. So You can believe what You want but this is voter fraud and the huckster should have been awarded the delegates since he recieved the popular vote.

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 12:24 AM
link   
He came off as too whiny and unknown

McCain will help the rich get richer..

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Ron Paul won't win because a lot of Independents, especially us progressives, have learned of his giant religious agenda. I loved Ron Paul for the first half of his campaign, but the more I learned, the more I was turned off. He has great views when it comes to regulating the government's influence in people's lives. Yet, he pushes, no wait, thrusts his religious views in every cranny he can find. There are several other issues I have with him as well; but the point is that most people, myself included, saw Paul and his more unorthodox views and assumed/hoped that the majority of his ideas followed such. The truth of the matter is they don't. He just popularized these as much as possible in order to play on voters' hopes and disapointments with the history of this country.

new topics

top topics

join