It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Waning U.S. Political Sphere of Influence

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Russia
news.bbc.co.uk...

North Korea
www.guardian.co.uk...

Venezuela
www.guardian.co.uk...

It seems that foreign powers are beginning to reaffirm their political control. North Korea is openly declaring that it will start up nuclear reactors, which happen to be capable of producing weapons grade uranium. Iran is on the same page. They both scoff at U.N. sanctions and trade embargoes, which are largely back up by the U.S. and its closet allies. Even Venezuela has challenged the U.S.'s political sphere of influence. Since the establishment of the Monroe Doctrine in 1823, no foreign power has dared to impose their political influence over South America, or rather in this case extend a military alliance to those countries. The invitation of Russian jets for the purpose of defense is a very bold move by Hugo Chavez.

Is this in some form a reflection of the current economic crisis? Do these foreign powers belief that the U.S. political empire is declining, its sphere of influence disintegrating?

If we assume that this is a start of a trend, do you believe it will continue as headed in the foreseeable future?

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 08:00 PM
link   
You don't rearrange the deck chairs while the ship is sinking.

This move is strictly political and thus a contrivance of the leadership class. This kind of misdirection can leave us utterly vulnerable to the exact economic power that is forming. You don't swing back if you can't take the hit. It's time for some defensive strategem, that means economic control restored to the interests of the TRUE state; not the Hollywood/Kabuki theater these stupid leaders like to play at.

We need to live in this world, not conquer it!

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Oh, I agree. And I don't believe the U.S. should be able to control everything from Venezuela to Georgia, which are continents, not to mention oceans apart. The largest powers should have a say in their own sphere of influence. Russia should take offense at the prospect of a missile defense shield on the Russo-Polish border. China should be able to determine the state of Tibetan independence, especially if millions of ethnic Chinese live in that province, and the economy of that region is an integral component of that country.

I agree with you, Maxmars, in the sense that the only way the U.S. can evade the increasing tension between them and these new and growing foreign economies and political powers, is the total redevelopment of its defensive stratagem, to you use your words. They can't be passive aggressive either. They have to back off. Although when I say this I don't mean to say that I oppose the war in Iraq; but they should leave the Middle East, forget about Georgia, and be satisfied that the Monroe Doctrine was successful for the 176 years that it was alive for.

But where does this all end? The problem is that the spheres of influence of all these great powers only seem to radiate. They radiate until war hits and then they recede temporarily. But they always strive for that ideal 4πr^2 kilometers of political, economic and ideological influence.

[edit on 26-9-2008 by cognoscente]

[edit on 26-9-2008 by cognoscente]

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 08:09 PM
link   
I just saw some news posted a yahoo news:

Russia blasts US dominant role in world affairs

Calling for a back up to head off the American Illuminati Globalization leaving
out Russia.
US destroyer watching hijacked ship off Somalia

A bad place for Clinton and every one else.

Car bomb kills 17 in tightly controlled Syria

The explosion came only hours after Syria's foreign minister held a rare meeting in New York with his American counterpart, Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice.

Rice not wanted.

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 08:19 PM
link   
I gotta say that Maxmar's post was poetry. It had far more intelligence behind it than it revealed and I'm not going to pretend to expound on it.

so let me give my pedantic opinion.

Bush is a lame duck....we are dealing with a huge economic crisis....we are about to vote someone in....other annoying Countries feel brave to say crap right now because we can't do a damn thing about it. Oh, but when we get things fixed the song will change. Right now these other Countries even know this, so they are getting as much home political mileage out of this as possible....looking tough to their people. Ah! Right now we are a chained Pit Bull and there are a couple of kids that want to prove to their friends that they are tough guys so they poke the dog with a stick from a safe distance.......keep it up kid I say.

new topics

top topics

join