It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gas Shortages: get ready for more

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Gas Shortages: get ready for more

money.cnn.com

A bigger problem
But while the current shortages can be traced directly to the two hurricanes, the severity of the problem points out a bigger issue: The U.S. has been operating for a while with razor-thin spare gasoline capacity.

In its most recent Weekly Oil Data Review, Barclays Capital pointed out that the U.S. gasoline inventory has reached its lowest level since August 1967, when demand was a little more than half its current level of 9.3 million barrels a day. At 178.7 million barrels, inventories are 21.6 million barrels below their five-year average.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod Edit: Breaking News Forum Submission Guidelines – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 26/9/2008 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 07:30 PM
link   
The gas shortages just do not make sense! Everyone keeps saying the hurricanes bla, bla, bla.... Come on now! We all do not think that is REALLY the cause, do we? My question is why such select cities? If Maryland is getting supplied with gas fine how come a state 100 miles away is having issues? Someone posted on it possibly being tied to lack of credit?

Here is the thing, my father who lives in Central Florida thinks I am crazy because he has not even heard about any gas shortages and the gas there is fine! How in the F$^& can they get gas down to the middle of the Florida peninsula but not to Georgia? Does anyone get what I am saying here? I mean distance wise central Florida is farther than Georgia from Texas espically Atlanta which is on the western part of the state. I wonder if Miami and the Keys have gas?

money.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 07:37 PM
link   
gas prices have really fallen here in Utah..............I saw a station today at 3.60 per gallon.............

I think this southern gas shortage is just another in a line of false flag operations perpetrated against the American people.........just like the wall street and banking crisis......it is all designed to SCARE and to CONTROL.

At least they aren't blowing up buildings in false terrorist attacks...........YET.

[edit on 26-9-2008 by theRiverGoddess]

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by theRiverGoddess

I completely agree. The Southeast is the poorest and therefore the most volitile or unpredictable region of the U.S. Plus we have a LOT of guns.

Gas shortages are just one way of keeping people in place when the SHTF. The number one thing they keep telling us down here is "Don't top off!"
Why not? So I can get stuck when the pumps run dry and I want to bug out? Or go to D.C. and protest with the rest of the millions ticked off about the sell out - I mean bail out?

BTW, Bloomberg News reported earlier this week that there was a fire at a tank farm in Pasedena, TX that would affect gas supplies to the East Coast and Midwest and that they were borrowing from other regions as best they could but shortages would likely be the result. Locking down another area...

[edit on 26/9/2008 by kosmicjack]

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

WOW!!!!!

"The fire started at 10:30 p.m. local time yesterday. One employee was injured and taken to hospital. `The fire was contained in the manifold pit,'' which links pipelines pumping gasoline products, he said. "

www.bloomberg.com...

coincidence???
Maryland is going to be in a world of hurt soon I think

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Georgia is having a gas shortage because we use different gas than almost everywhere else. We use a cleaner burning gas, and have a deal with the EPA that as long as we use it, we get a $10M tax credit every year. If we switch to regular unleaded gas, without signing an agreement with the EPA, we lose the tax credit. The only place that this gas comes from is Houston. We can't just go "Hey Birmingham, we're running low. How about sending us some gas." because no one else around us uses the same type.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Bingo. Gas here in the suburbs of Chicago have dropped immensly in the past two days. I saw $3.69 yet when oil dipped below $100 dollars a barrel a couple weeks ago, we were still paying the same $4.20 as we were when it was in the 140's.

Reeks of a false flag op.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

What about the rest of the southeast USA? Are you all on the same fuel?

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Most of the Southeast gets their gas from the refineries that were shut down in Texas. They don't use the same clean burning gas that we use here but it comes from the Texas refineries.

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 01:00 AM
link   
We were having shortages here, but now we have plenty of gas and prices have fallen about 40 cents in the past week. Tennessee... Some of the reasons could be gas depot locations etc, pipelines...tons of variables. And to the person that said this reeks of false flag
get a life, not everything is fake

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 02:47 AM
link   
Gosh if only we had built more refineries! *sarcasm*
Am I the only one surprised that news about our oil reserves tapped after Gustav doesn't exist? I wonder how many companies sent requests and how much has been sent.

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Our country is going to **** in a handbasket. The high cost of fuel has driven up the production and shipping cost of everything. Consumers have nothing left over after filling the tank and paying more for the necessities of life to spend on extras, save or invest. We need to get ourselves out from under our dpendency on foriegn oil.Just as gas prices start to fall slightly and we felt like there might be hope along comes Ike and causes them to spike to an all time high. Families everywhere are wondering where else they can cut back to cover the cost of fueling up the family vehicle to get back and forth to work and take care of the necessities of life. There is no money left for relaxation and family fun. The stress level continues to rise. Most areas of the country have seen a sharp rise in their electric bill as power companies pass their increased production costs on to consumers. The cost of every consumer product has risen sharply. Americans are stretched to the limit. Jobs are being lost, foreclosures are increasing at an alarming rate. Seems even the family pets are suffering the high cost of fuel as almost daily a sad new story is on TV about shelters being forced to euthanize record number of surrendered pets from those forced out of their homes due to foreclosure or they simply can't afford to feed them anymore. The energy crisis in our country is far reaching and needs immediate attention. Our economy is in a sorry state of affairs directly related to the high cost of fuel. We have become so dependant on foreign oil that we have neglected to fully utilize such natural sources of energy such wind power & solar power. Along with modern technology such as plug in cars, hybrid cars, v2g technology ,and regenerative braking, technology we still seem to be floundering as a nation as to devising the best plan utilize all that is available to us and lift ourselves out of this mess we are in. We need to take o ur closest look at which candidates put our economy and energy crisis at the forefront of their agenda. There is a new book coming out soon called...The Manhattan Project of 2009 by Jeff Wilson.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 08:39 PM
link   

I read earlier on Craig's List 'Rants and Raves' that Georgia is being 'targeted' by the oil companies because Gov. Purdue fined some of them for price gouging when the prices began to spike just as hurricane Ike hit.......so it's possibly a retaliation against all of us in the area for not paying their 'ransom' !

Don't know how true this might be.....but if it is, wouldn't that qualify as terrorism?

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by frayed1

And sadly that is what some will believe to justify what is happening because the reality is either too much for them to understand, or they simply wish to deny reality.

So this according to this "rant" it is the oil companies punishment because the ransom was not paid, but what about D.C.. Alabama, N.C., S.C., Kentucky and Tennessee? Did they not pay the ransom either?

It is all a lie. You are being lied to. The oil is there, there is no real life "shortage". Granted, I know for a fact that many offshore oil rigs were wiped out after Ike, but in this country we import. The amount of oil we get from drilling in the U.S. is not even a drop in the bucket. We are a nation of importers.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 09:35 PM
link   
I read that most gas stations/compaines obtain their gas on credit and in the southeast, since Wachovia just failed it has affected the credit power of some of the gas companies. Who knows if this is true, but its not hurricane related (directly).

new topics

top topics

join