It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Mint suspends sale of 24-karat gold coins

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 04:24 AM
link   
I tried to buy gold and silver bullion for a friend of mine here in Miami. All of the bullion dealers are out of gold and silver bullion. There is a 22 week waiting period on any gold and silver bullion bought today. I've never witnessed this before and have spoken with all the major processors.

Yet, the spot price of gold and silver are still artificially held below market demand versus price.

The price of precious metals are currently being manipulated whereby not reflecting true supply/demand. This is in part due to issues with illiquidity where many mutual funds, banks, hedge funds, individual investors are having to sell their gold and silver just to come up with the cash they need for reasons of generating CASH (liquidity). This won't last for long. Precious metals as well as most other commodities will reveal to be more valuable than currencies of which are based on nothing other than pure faith in govts. to pay the interest inherent on outstanding liabilities of which accrue into the Trillions.

Besides all the Mortgage backed securities or MBS (worthless Trillions), Credit Default Swaps CDS (worthless Trillions), Derivatives (multitrillions of losses) you have a financial Armageddon courtesy of your interntional bankster folk whom had planned this all along to encourage the public to demand a solution of only 'they' could provide. That is to take over the rest of the worlds assets for pennies on the dollar at taxpayer expense!!

A repeat of the Depression of the 1930's though on a much larger scale and by the same families. They (Rothschild, Rockefeller, Morgan, Warburg and a few others) assume the people at large are to ignorant to know better. Are they right? We'll see now won't we. They want to know what YOU are to do about it?

Your only only other choice to invest countermarket would be to short the market, buy put options or inverse ETF's.
Good Luck.

[edit on 23-11-2008 by Perseus Apex]

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Perhaps 'this' may put things in perspective. We rest our case.

Gold Antitrust Action Committee

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 09:46 AM
link   
I find this interesting that they would do this so blatently.

Also why the # have I been banned? I can't log on and have waited 12 hours to post this message, have you gone corrupt now ats?? If so, bye.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 01:52 AM
link   

When most people think of gold, they think of Fort Knox, or a phat set of grillz. The exceptionally nerdy -- like some people at popsci.com -- automatically recall gold's atomic number of 79. But no one suspected gold's role as nature's nanotechnological answer for purifying air, except for a team of researchers from the Queensland University of Technology.

Gold's Hidden Value

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 02:28 AM
link   
If your just trying to find away to secure your wealth then have at it, but if it gets bad enough to need your gold coins, What exactly are you going to do with them? do you expect others to have change for you?

Chances are the only person that will know the value of your investment is you yourself, some kid at the local supermarket or the guy up the street with the guns you want to buy wont know what your giving them, they'll most likely laugh at you as that gold does nothing for them. its a useless item, its value only holds in a world with the luxury of having unnecessary excesses of "pretty". A world bad enough to need gold is a world that that gold will hold no value in.

Should our money be backed by gold to keep the value of our money constant? yes. Should our money be gold? no.
its worthless.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 01:54 AM
link   
reply to post by C0le

Self sufficiency is most valuable. For one to have land of rich soil, knowledge to grow their own food, supply their own potable water, build their own house from nature itself, produce their own energy; in effect to be truely sovereign in one's own right is true power as well as possessing the abilities to defend it. One should ask themselves why this has become so difficult to achieve these days. That was by 'design'. This is a quite a topic in and of itself.

[edit on 23-1-2009 by Perseus Apex]

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 02:48 AM
link   
If you're really interested in having gold (or silver or copper or whatever)Find a gold manufacturing company and buy casting grain. Worst case scenario - nothing happens and you can sell the casting grain at market value instead of the reduced rate for "scrap" gold. Scrap gold sells for less because it has to have the solder and other contaminants removed before it's pure gold again. Most people who invest in gold coins think they're getting a deal because it's real money somewhere (usually). But the price for a minted coin is higher than the price of a slab or coil or nugget of gold. Buy casting gold, silver, platinum. Keep it in the bag it came in. It's already labeled. Add your invoice if you want to, just to make sure you know which gold you bought and how much you paid per troy ounce.

If it rains, you can always hammer it into an umbrella. Heh

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 03:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Busymind

I prefer to buy mining claims in states such as Alaska, California, Colorado, South Dakota Nevada and Arizona. Always preferred the outdoors anyhow.

BLM Dept. of the Interior

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Perseus Apex
reply to post by C0le

Self sufficiency is most valuable. For one to have land of rich soil, knowledge to grow their own food, supply their own potable water, build their own house from nature itself, produce their own energy; in effect to be truely sovereign in one's own right is true power as well as possessing the abilities to defend it. One should ask themselves why this has become so difficult to achieve these days. That was by 'design'. This is a quite a topic in and of itself.

I would opt to say by design, Government has done a pretty good job at making society depend upon it and essentially force those who could or would otherwise be self sufficient to become part of its system.

A man can buy a piece of land, Farm it and hunt it for food, Build a well for water, Use the trees on it to build his home and heat it, etc. But in the end regardless of how self sufficient and independent of government that man is, if he fails to pay the property tax on it he looses everything so he has several options to pay that property tax in his otherwise self reliant world of seclusion, he can sell his excess, which the IRS would also tax him on if they found out about it, or he can get a job to pay for that tax and again be taxed on top of that when the IRS steels a portion of his income...

We are supposed to be free yet we are all forced into a system of compliance.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Be warned there is a number of counterfeit gold coins coming in from china.

www.silver-coins.org...
rscott.org...
reviews.ebay.com...
www.goldandsilverexchange.info...

You also have to watch that someone that purchased one of these fakes in the US does not try to pass it as real to get there money back.
www.china-mint.info...

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 07:45 AM
link   
reply to post by C0le

Well that's easy; if you want to be 'free', a good start would be to abolish the Federal Reserve system and at the very least, establish a 'Real' asset backed security such as a gold, silver or real estate backed Currency.

Whenever one holds the keys to the Golden Temple of Foolishness, the others must either watch in horror or 'Act' in unison.

They must have left the 'subject matter' below out of the State Curriculum though I could be wrong?

Compliments from the Fed.

I thought I almost forgot something. Didn't they 'use' to say, "Extra, Extra, Read All About it"?

We 'rest' our case?

[edit on 29-1-2009 by Perseus Apex]

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 10:45 PM
link   
What some of you are saying is insane. I laugh everytime i hear the old "gold wont keep you from starving" bit. No matter what happens to the US or world economy, the basic principles of economics will always be there. Hell, can you immagine walking to a store carrying 150lbs of firewood to trade for a loaf of bread? lol, or better yet, what if you really wanted to stock up on some supplies... then what would you need to lug around to barter with? Gold and silver is, has and always will be the most basic universal medium of exchange period. Ill leave this post with this to think about: I've stocked up on gold, silver, guns, and ammo. You stock up on bread, rice and water... post shtf i will never go hungry, but you might.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
Gold has no real value. It's a shiny rock, please understand that. It's a shiny rock. It can't provide food, clothing, shelter, or water to you or your family. SHINY ROCK. You can eat gold, but it won't nourish you. You could wear gold, or use it as an umbrella, if you had enough - but it won't do much good. You can drink gold, but if you have to melt it first - it will burn you to death.

Gold is only a shiny rock, just like diamonds, silver, platinum, etc... silly primates.

Ok so you got like 9 stars for saying silly primates.... but, I will tell you what... when the whole world is full of primates.... that means that SHINY ROCKS rule, whether you like it or not...

Perspective IS reality

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Gold has no real value. It's a shiny rock, please understand that. It's a shiny rock. It can't provide food, clothing, shelter, or water to you or your family. SHINY ROCK. You can eat gold, but it won't nourish you. You could wear gold, or use it as an umbrella, if you had enough - but it won't do much good. You can drink gold, but if you have to melt it first - it will burn you to death.

Gold is only a shiny rock, just like diamonds, silver, platinum, etc... silly primates.

All of that is true until those pieces of colored paper are declared worthless. Then those shiny little pieces of metal are pretty valuable.

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Perseus Apex

Obviously they ran out of raw material!
(who wouldn't want 24-karat gold?)

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Perseus Apex

Last time I checked you can't eat or drink gold.

Better good some fishing equipment, hunting gear, and as much food and water as you can store.

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 11:45 PM
link   
I am going to spend a small percentage on silver/gold, but also make sure to have survival gear... doesn't hurt to have both.

If I had large amounts of money, I'd definitely convert a solid portion to precious metals right now... no questions asked.

I wish I could just invent gold out of thin air... hmmm.

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Actually, gold is used in a tremendous number of products. I started buying gold years ago when China began its industrial boom. TVs, cars, electronics, computers- all have a little gold in them.

Oh, platinum- used in catalytic converters.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Doomsday 2029

I agree. I'm an avid hunter and fisherman though only kill what I eat.

I am strongly against hunting as a sport to murder life itself. Blasphemy!

I have focused on precious metals here since without a medium of exchange that has true 'financial' value in and of itself, there will always be a fractional reserve system based on debt of which will continue to collapse the value of that underlying currency based on debt.

When debt based currencies crash they take the wealth of nations and their people with it; hence a system of perpetual slavery prevails at the expense of Freedom, Sovereignty, Liberty and Justice for all.

The coming Depression, of which was deliberately financially engineered to crash, will be much worse than the Depression of the 1930's.

The people, over time, have become too dependent on the State for survival. The people of the 1930's will prove to have faired much better than the people of today since they were a semi-sufficient farming class.

Most today, are the mercy of your friendly neigborhood grocery store and have become too accustomed to the fiat currency to buy that which they need.

The people as a whole have become estranged from Nature itself. This always has dire consequences as by 'Design'.

[edit on 3-4-2009 by Perseus Apex]

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by asmeone2
Unfortunatly I think for most people, the economy has already downturned enough that it is no longer possible to even think about investing in preciosu metals.

Here's a tip, if you 1) think cold fusion is just around the corner and 2) are looking for a mid - long term investement you could buy into palladium... I was considering it a while ago, not got any spare funds at the moment (or ever for that fact).

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join