It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Research the rovers - Evidence cover-up or not?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2004 @ 07:59 AM
link   
OK, now we have some real skid marks on mars due to its latest slip as it was exiting the crater.

With these new skid marks, lets do some research:

Does everyone remember the "crab", or whatever it was, that many people saw on mars? And does anyone remember how they ran over it and said they slipped?

NASA covered up evidence

I need some help finding the photos of this latest slip so we can see if there is a difference between this slip tracks and the other one that ended up crushing the object that everyone saw. I have always felt that their last slip was a lie because when something slips on soft dirt, it creates a small pile(s) behind it. Can anyone find these photos? I am at work now and have internet usage reports.

Now we'll have something to compare it against.

posted on Mar, 23 2004 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Uh, they didn't say they slipped. They didn't even comment at the time because it wasn't where they thought it was. They later found it had blown over next to the rover and commented then.

posted on Mar, 23 2004 @ 08:42 AM
link   
They (NASA) says they have a huge announcement to make today. Bigger than the water thing. Possibly some proof of actual life? Guess we will just have to wait along with everyone else for the announcement to come.

posted on Mar, 23 2004 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Not really, all indications are that it will be an announcement of how the Rocks at the Opportunity landing site were formed.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 23 2004 @ 09:39 AM
link   
They said opportunity slipped on the first attempt to drive several yards from its lander.

"On February 9, the wake up song for Opportunity was �Slip Sliding Away� by Simon and Garfunkel in honor of the experience the prior day when Opportunity first tried to scoot up the crater slope at Meridiani Planum. "

And coicidentally, one of the tracks goes right over where this object was. That is why I'd like to compare the phots of this slip and the one with the suspected cover-up.

posted on Mar, 23 2004 @ 10:17 AM
link   
That was sol 16. The rover was already at the outcrop by then, it had been off the Rover for a couple of days and was already well past the area where the object was spotted. The object also wasn't crushed, as it later appears under the Egress ramp of the Rover.

marsrovers.jpl.nasa.gov...

The slippage it is referring to would be the slippage that occured when driving from here:

to here:

Rear Hazcam even got a couple images of it:

Its hard to judge by looking at the images, but the Rover is on a bit of an angle by this time.

As far as the bunny, crab, etc. There are already a few threads covering this topic around the place.

JPL even made a little page about bunny hunting.
marsrovers.jpl.nasa.gov...

[Edited on 23-3-2004 by Kano]

posted on Mar, 23 2004 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Yes, and I have seen speculation over wheather or not the object under the egress ramp was the same thing.

Does anyone know where the latest slippage tracks photos are? Did they take any?

If not, I will look for them when I get home tonight.

posted on Mar, 23 2004 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Sol 55

Thats probably the worst one. At least as far as I can see.

[Edited on 23-3-2004 by Kano]

posted on Mar, 23 2004 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Thank you, Kano.

They do look different. I noticed that there is much more dirt build up on the latest tracks, which to me, looks like it was really slipping. The first ones still make me think they may have gotten rid of the crab.

However, I could be wrong and NASA is telling nothing but the truth, huh?

posted on Mar, 23 2004 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Well naturally they'd look more intense on the attempt to get out of the crater. The first one was a tentative drive up a small distance at the edge of the crater wall. The last one was a concerted attempt to drive right out.

As far as the first slippage images, they are a long way from where the object was spotted. The tracks actually seem to go either side of where the object was originally spotted.

You'll also notice it doesn't appear in any of the many hazcam images either in front of the wheels or behind crushed into the dirt. Suggesting it moved after the panorama images were taken (first couple sol's) and before the Rover left the lander.

top topics

join