It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rumsfeld takes responsibility

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2003 @ 05:12 PM
link   
�Everyone has a responsibility not to act irresponsibly. We support peace so anyone irresponsible enough not to support us doesn�t support peace. If others don�t support peace it could force us to respond. But we don�t want to respond, so if there is a response then it won�t be our responsibility. It is everyone else�s responsibility to ensure that we don�t have to respond in a way we won�t be responsible for, so foreign governments have particular responsibility to respond responsibly by ensuring that everyone else understands their responsibilities�

posted on Jan, 13 2003 @ 10:24 PM
link   
The above quote was brought to you by the love child of Dan Quayle and Shrub (and I don't mean Mac, who posted it.)

[Edited on 14-1-2003 by Byrd]

posted on Jan, 14 2003 @ 10:43 AM
link   
"The message is that there are no knowns. There are things we know that we know. There are known unknowns; that is to say there are things we now know we don't know. But there are also unknown unknowns -- things we do not know we don't know."

- Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld.

"The advantage of not acting, uh... against the moon, would be that, uh... no one could say that you acted. They would say isn't that good, you didn't do anything against the moon. The other side of the coin of not acting against the moon, in the event that the moon posed a serious threat, would be that you could suffer a serious loss. And, uh... you're sorry after that's over."

- Donald Rumsfeld

Is there no psychological test given to these Geriatric Politicos!?! Rummy is either hitting the bottle, the pipe or is Ronnie Ray-gun bonkers!

posted on Jan, 14 2003 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Oy Gevalt!

He and Shrub sure do make a matched pair, don't they? No, I'd missed the Rummy quotes from our Dear Secretary of Defense (he needs some sort of shield for his mouth.)

And they wonder why we carp about the Dumbing Down of America?

posted on Jan, 14 2003 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Yeah, I heard the "no unkowns" sound bite "live" on the radio, the reporters were laughing at him.

It's very funny 'til you remember he holds the power of life and death over millions

[Edited on 14-1-2003 by AlecMac]

posted on Jan, 14 2003 @ 12:39 PM
link   
but quintuple-talk????

Man, I think I've got a headache after reading those quotes....

posted on Jan, 14 2003 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlecMac
It's very funny 'til you remember he holds the power of life and death over millions

Add to that the fact that he cashed out about a $100M in stock when he took this job, earned from selling access & moving back and forth between private contractors and cabinet positions, and you have someone who is the definition of not giving a fig.

posted on Jan, 14 2003 @ 02:29 PM
link   
The losers on this board couldn't stand up to Mr. Rumsfeld for one second. He would squash you like a bug.

posted on Jan, 15 2003 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by MT69
The losers on this board couldn't stand up to Mr. Rumsfeld for one second. He would squash you like a bug.

Yeah you losers!

He's 70 years old but has the body of a 35 year old..........bricked up in his basement with the rest of the skeletons! BAAAA---DA---BING!

new topics

top topics

join