It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

4chan False Flag Operation

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 05:09 PM
link   
There’s an on going effort to devise a plan to fool people into believing that on Monday September 29 2008 there will be no gas available to the public in America, in an attempt to create some chaos.

This is being promoted in 4chan (and other places) as another joke or raid, but I have reasons to believe that other forces are at work here and are using 4chan people as pawns for their own agenda.

The website set up for describing this ‘Operation’ can be found at ann-hiro.org....

You need a login and password to enter, and at the time of posting, the login is anonymous and the password is ilikef*ckinglongpasswordsthatpissoffeveryone (without the *). Since it’s constantly changing, and will most likely change soon after my post, I decided to save the whole website (pictures included) and uploaded it here.

NOTE:
Please beware that trying to access the “Operation Ann Hiro” website without the proper login and password will redirect you to a page with offensive images of a sexual character.

Here’s a quote from the main page of the website so you can get an idea of the plan:

Operation:
Ann Hiro

Target:
US Public and US Economy

Date:
Monday 29th September

Strategy:

Fool The US Public into thinking there is no gas, this will then cause the mass purchasing of gas. Then within a day or so there will be no gas at the gas stations causing a bit of chaos. To do this we use disinformation and spread rumors and get it publicized on as many news outlets as we can.

Proof of Concept:

www.cnn.com...

tl;dr: Nashville ran out of gas simple due to some rumors that were spread.

Check Out The Power Of Google News:
www.pcworld.com...
and
googlenewsblog.blogspot.com...
tl;dr: United's stock crashed bc a six year old post about them filing for bankrupcy got bumped on a newspaper website

The Plan:

Get ready for the date then we all release our disinfromation use sites like digg and submit to news stations and spread rumors etc.

There’s a page dedicated to Disinformation on the website, along with images of fake BBC Online News reports of gas shortages in America, and Photoshop’d images of gas stations with signs saying they have no gas, ready to be used in spreading the rumors.

I have reason to believe this isn’t just a 4chan joke or raid, and that there actually some other forces at work here, that have studied and infiltrated 4chan, and are manipulating 4chan users for their own benefit.

Don’t ask me why why I think this or what evidence I can provide, because other than my own word and the website files I have provided, I have nothing tangible to share with you.

Please don’t dismiss my post without evaluating the information I provided for yourself. Thank you!

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 05:32 PM
link   
So I better go and stock up on gas because people will be so scared and buy up all the gas thus creating a real gas shortage. Actually I have a full tank of gas and only need to fill up every few weeks, so I am good for now. It will be interesting to see if they can pull it off. I'll make sure to digg them down if they try to post nonsense on digg or reddit.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Scared of linky poo.

Scared of 4chan (like fortune?)

Scared of gas station exploding.

plucky is scared, thanks.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Sage.

As in 'in before'.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Well the last thing they tried like this I think was 4th of July. I don't remember the project name or anything but it was a total flop.

They were supposed to across the country create little "UFOs" out of helium baloons and circle glow sticks and send them flying in mass amounts and make people believe that there was a ufo invasion starting to happen.

I read the webpage and was watching tv and the skies on the 4th to see if they were sucessful - nope.

But perhaps this plan is a little more realistic, who knows. I think they might be a little ego heavy since O'Reilly and Palin.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Things like this come around every few months.

But for the record, I totally think the LOLcatz are a government job to make us all stupid.

(edit for spelling. see? it's working!)

[edit on 26-9-2008 by asmeone2]

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by asmeone2

There is more truth to that speculation than you may know...

Now, don't get me wrong - I know very little about 4chan other than their love of lulz and chaos - but this is one tactic that might actually work.

I live in the Deep South, and rumors spread like wildfire around here. No one really seems to be interested in facts or supporting evidence in this little town, and something like this actually happening out here in the boonies isn't all that far fetched...

Urban areas might be a little more hip to the ruse though.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by GENERAL EYES

Hehe, is that not the cutest picture of the paid disinfo agents, or what?

As far as the hoaxes go, I think that there are enough savvy people, or people who are just burned out to that kind of thing, that they would even out the effect of the truly paranoid that might try to buy it all out.

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 03:57 AM
link   
I'm not sure if OP considers himself to be "anonymous" or is just trying to present the info. I say this because, having been of 4chan ilk for some time, it's quite likely that an opportunistic anonymous would attempt to take us for fools, though the goal is unclear. Unfortunately I'm not joking, you can never rule 4chan affiliated persons as being "above" anything, it's part of who they pretend to be. Nothing personal OP!

Anyway, Ann Hiro is a reference to "an hero" which means to commit suicide. Specifically Ann Hiro comes from a perceived use of the meme in an Apple iPhone commercial wherein the name appears as caller ID info.

4chan has had some pretty idiotic "raid" ideas lately. Having been there for over 2 years I'm afraid it's degenerated in a sense most probably can't appreciate (how can the a**h*** of the internet get any worse, you might ask).

I'm skeptical that anyone is manipulating 4chan, it's just not the kind of group that can be manipulated. Every "raid" risks betrayal by unimpressed members, or a morphing of the raid into something entirely different, perhaps even turning on it's originators (I've seen both happen plenty of times).

For an example of why 4chan's attempts often fail, I'll use the example of a recent "raid" on Miley Cyrus, if it can be called that. Basically the idea was to attempt to convince legions of her fans that she had been killed in a car crash. This would be accomplished by generating posts to sites like Digg and Youtube, creating fake "memorial" tribute videos, fake news releases and webpages, etc. It was a disaster. Those involved seemed to think that their target audience was incapable of accessing a regular news website or even spotting egregious spelling errors. It lasted all of a few hours and quietly disappeared, just like everything they attempt to do. The whole thing was an exercise in ego-stroking, they always are.

Bottom line: Don't put too much stock in 4chan. They couldn't fool 14 year old girls about Miley Cyrus, don't let them fool you about... anything.

Regards, your resident 4chan expert, Jordan.

[edit on 27-9-2008 by EtSolveMundi]

SR

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 04:31 AM
link   
'I have reason to believe this isn’t just a 4chan joke or raid, and that there actually some other forces at work here, that have studied and infiltrated 4chan, and are manipulating 4chan users for their own benefit'

That's a part of the system though it doesn't matter who infitrates it it can't be controlled you attract or manipulate a few brothas here and there to get the job done it doesn't repersent the chans unless the final outcome of what you where working on is worth taking credit for because of it's extreme lulzyness.

The concept is invincible you decide your own involvement and at any time the community can pick and choose what deeds represent it.

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 04:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Merriman Weir
Sage.

As in 'in before'.

That's not what sage means. Sage comes from sageru (japanese verb: to lower/ move back). It's an anti-bump.

Oh, and:

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 04:57 AM
link   
reply to post by vox2442

Uh.... I think he meant "in before sage." Which would mean he used it in the proper context.

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 05:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Magnivea
reply to post by vox2442

Uh.... I think he meant "in before sage." Which would mean he used it in the proper context.

My bad. I'd just came from reading another thread (on another board) with a lot of "in before"'s... meaning "in before the lock". Time to back away from the computer.

orz

join