It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Popular anger puts fat cat CEOs on the run

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Popular anger puts fat cat CEOs on the run

news.yahoo.com

NEW YORK (AFP) - An angry US public and Congress are pushing to snip the rip cord on golden parachutes used by fat cat CEOs to escape Wall Street's mayhem.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Is it high time for revolution? We have a 2nd amendment for a reason. And we also have Constitutional Obligations. It's our duty to abolish corruption in our government, and our whole government is beyond corrupt. I am beyond pissed about this scam they are trying to push on us. They aren't even trying to be sneaky about it. They might as well come out and say, "Hey, we're going to steal your money so that we can bail our rich friends out, so that they don't lose everything they have. We don't care about you, because you're not like us, you're not rich."

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 04:32 PM
link   
the rich look upon the poor as expendable... the rich start wars = the poor die in them...

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Oreyeon

Your revolution must begin and end at the ballot box. I prefer ballots to bullets, and revolution will enable other countries to attack a weakened America. Votes, recall, examination of incumbents, reformation of democracy.... all available to Americans.

I say we need leaders we can trust, who live by a code of honor. I believe graduates of our military academies can fit that bill, being one myself. The Code says:

"I will not lie, steal, or cheat...or tolerate anyone who does."

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 04:49 PM
link   
I believe we have the right to know the assets and incomes of all the CEO's board members and higher-ups at ALL companies requesting money in this bail-out. Assets need to be seized. Accounts taken. I want their heads on platters. For a bunch of guys protected on high......I sure would like a good old fashioned fist fight with one of them.

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Revolution at the ballot box? Because that has worked since when? We don't have a vote. They want you to believe that you do, and thus far, they've been quite successful in achieving that. Whoever they want to be the Puppet, will be the Puppet, unless we do something to take our country back.
And I agree with Grafilthy. I think some of these disputes should be settled with a good old one on one fist fight. I said this the other night. If Dick and Bush want to have pissing contests with all of the other tyrants of the world, then they should start a new type of Democracy. Ultimate Fighting Democracy. These disputes should be settled fist to face, one on one. Only a pussy sends the youth of a nation he presides over to their deaths for a cause that is of his own volition. If our leaders have a problem with each other, then should fight it out in a ring, and loser shuts the F*#k up.
Sick and tired of all of these a*#holes.

[edit on 28-9-2008 by Oreyeon]

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Jim Scott

"At what point then is the approach of danger to be expected? I answer, if it ever reach us, it must spring up amongst us. It cannot come from abroad. If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen, we must live through all time, or die by suicide."

~Abraham Lincoln Lyceum Address

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 11:40 PM
link   
the rich look upon the poor as expendable... the rich start wars = the poor die in them...
The rich have to die to one day.
Whats the best they aren't rich wherever they go?

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Grafilthy

Yea like that would ever happen.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Grafilthy
I believe we have the right to know the assets and incomes of all the CEO's board members and higher-ups at ALL companies requesting money in this bail-out.

Now this sounds reasonable to me. If a board of directors wants taxpayer money to increase thier stock option prices then we deserve to have a full accounting of thier weath; which can then be taxed.

[edit on 29-9-2008 by In nothing we trust]

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jim Scott
reply to post by Oreyeon

Your revolution must begin and end at the ballot box. I prefer ballots to bullets, and revolution will enable other countries to attack a weakened America. Votes, recall, examination of incumbents, reformation of democracy.... all available to Americans.

Oh how I wish it were that simple.

Unfortunately, there's only two parties in the US, and they're becoming increasingly fused with one another. While they disagree on some points (the useless ones such as abortion, gay marriage, etc.), they still agree on the fundamental issues that the public is against.

Remember Diebold (they used to be named that), coming out and admitting that for the last 10 years, the Diebold voting machines have had "logic errors" while tallying the votes. Estimated vote count error was over 20% if I remember correctly.
I was positive that in a democratic nation, something would be done... an investigation would bring the incompetence (or worse, intentional vote stealing) to trial, and the guilty parties would be hung out to dry publicly.
... at least, one would expect that from a democratic nation.
I was disgusted to see that Diebold not only got away with it, but simply changed their name, and the media ceased reporting on their screw up.

I can find the old article if you like, but I'll have to weed through allot of pages of back history on ATS to do it.
Unless someone can remember the name of the article, I can search for it... whatever.

As I was saying, the entire system has become corrupted. The two party system has been a flaw waiting to happen for a long time. Unfortunately, thanks to the bipartisan media layout, nobody would ever take a third party seriously, unless independent press were taken as the number one news source for most Americans.
But it's not. Fox (not really a news source), MSNBC,and CNN are the number 1 favorites. And their loyalties to their parties are obvious.

Another issue is with the sheer fact that only one party gets to be in power at a time. Parliaments are set up for just this reason in other democratic nations, to ensure an accurate representation of the public is achieved.
But a parliament only works if you have more than two parties operating.
Again, see the above issue.

Trillions of dollars, gone. Not only from overspending in a war that violates international law, but huge stockpiles of billions of dollars in cash are somehow in the hands of the "enemy".
Who's accountable?

A war raging for longer than WW2... a higher civilian death ratio from one side than in any world war (Back then they intentionally bombed cities!)
Who's accountable?

Liberties, Freedoms, Rights, are steadily being revoked, and both parties are condoning it.
Who's accountable?

The economy is crashing, allot of this has to do with rubbing international investors the wrong way with wars and inefficient border security practices that don't actually protect the travelers... they want to bail out their rich buddies, at the expense of the lower class taxpayers ($3,200 in debt distributed per person from the recent bailout)...
Who's accountable?

The government assumes no accountability on any of these issues.
No trials. No investigations. They quite literally are getting away with all of it, and they know it... they played their chess game, and they've won. The people have been too complacent for too long. And now there's not a thing they can do on the legal channels to patch the nation back up.

This is not becoming of a democratic nation.

This quite literally is no longer a democratic nation.

You might as well slap a logo on the US flag. It's a corporation.
And this company has no intention on letting it's employee's sit in on the board meetings, nor know what was decided on.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Ultimately, if this legislation passes, it will be the fault of one group of people, and that is the American People. If it passes, it is because we laid complacent, allowing them to steam over us with their golden cast bulldozers. Something needs to be done. Question is, are there enough people out there with the balls and fortitude to actually do it. I see and hear alot of angry people. But as of yet, all I've seen is alot of bickering, talk, and very little to no action other than "emailing and/or calling" representatives, who, might I add, are for the most part, def.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 11:47 AM
link   
I call for Global Non Comliance, turn your back to those who dare to call them selfs "elected by the people, to work for the people" and start your autonomous cooperation with your fellow neighbours.,

Best regards.

Loke.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Don't you love it how politicians try to blame everything on the rich guy to vent the anger of anybody who isn't rich? Meanwhile some of the richest people are in that very same Congress. It is all a ploy. They are going to take away CEO's golden parachute...Now that is truly going to scare a lot of CEO's..Now instead of parachute they are just going to ask for more in their salary.

It is all a dog and pony show. Remember the bankruptcy law they passed not too long..Yea the one that sided with MBNA and businesses rather than average Americans. Remember how they rewrote it to punish average Americans to pay more on the debt they owe. You notice Congress wrote nothing about taking away CEO's bonuses when they filed for bankruptcy.

I'm just about certain that once the economy comes back Congress will again start writing legislation in favor of the businesses and for the businesses. It is only at election time or crisis that they criticize the rich. And then one wonders why they keep playing us like fools. The answer is simple....we let them.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jim Scott

Your revolution must begin and end at the ballot box.

While the idea is sound don't forget this very important saying:

It's not the votes that count, it's who counts the votes. (diebold anyone?)

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by oconnection

Yea like that would ever happen.

Well, judging from the peanut gallery....I guess you have something to add???

You mean the fist fight, or the financial records? I would let the financial records thing go just to slug a billionaire any day.

top topics

join