It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if religion was never invented?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Would the world be more advanced?

nothing to hold us back threw the ages .

give me your thought's.

would the world be godless..and thus have murder's rapist...hell on earth because we had no religion to scare them strait?

no flame's
But what do you think the route the world would have took if it never existed?

A what if..story

[edit on 26-9-2008 by beforetime]

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by beforetime
Would the world be more advanced?

nothing to hold us back threw the ages .

give me your thought's.

would the world be godless..and thus have murder's rapist...hell on earth because we had no religion to scare them strait?

no flame's
But what do you think the route the world would have took if it never existed?

A what if..story

[edit on 26-9-2008 by beforetime]

it's a mute question....ever since man looked to the sun and heavens and wondered about his plave here, the idea of god came into existance. so even if i play aloong with the "what if".....mankind would be no more malicious to one another than with religion, and dare i say: probably less, because unfortunately, more people have died in the name of God than any other killer...be it cigarettes or whatever......that being said...i AM spiritual, and we must realize that there as as many radical killing christians as there are muslums..............From the very beginning man has had this yearning that he was connected to something greater then himself. It is in this need to find our "reason of existance " that we have found God and He has found us. There is too much history to suggest that God exists and we much remember man created "relegion" to fit into their concept and to give them the RIGHT to do their deeds "In The Name Of God" .

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 04:53 PM
link   
I think the World would be a lot safer for little boys

I think there would be less hate crimes.

I think there would be a stronger belief in God.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 04:57 PM
link   
"Religion has caused many otherwise-sensible men to become atheists."

I regrettably cannot find the source for this [para?]phrase, but you guys get the point.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by ItsTheQuestion

Cool quote. That's what I meant by my last comment.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Without religion there would be no civilization... You see without believing in something greater than ones self, it doesn't work and it fails... That's what is going on today in the United States. It's all about themselves and greed and no fear of a God or higher power... If they feared a higher power they would be honest as they wouldn't want to have eternity in hell, which is where they are going but are too dumb to realize it.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Lucid Lunacy

I think the World would be a lot safer for little boys

Smart!

I would love to buy you a beer for that post...so here.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by GrndLkNatv

You can believe in God and not believe in these mainstream religions. They are not mutually exclusive. It only appears that way to the devout religious person because they think they are divinely correct with reading their divinely inspired doctrine.

So in your opinion, would Islam uphold the entire Worlds civilization? It qualifies for the 'belief in something greater'.

[edit on 26-9-2008 by Lucid Lunacy]

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by beforetime

What? Religion does not prevent rape, murder or crime at all

Remember that a number of priests have been convicted of pedophilia over the years. Obviously religion didnt scare them to much

In my opinion, if there was no religion, there:

1. Would be a lot less arguing over whos god is the right god

2. There would be no religious wars/ jihads

3. Some people wouldnt be scaremongered (not that everyone is, just a few people are) into following a religious path

4. Cults would not tear families apart, ruin lifes financially etc, and in certain cases, lives may have not been lost

Thats just my opinion

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by chapter29

I would love to buy you a beer for that post...so here.

Thanks
I love beer
It's not as good as the Blood of Christ, but it's still delicious.

[edit on 26-9-2008 by Lucid Lunacy]

top topics

join