It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bailouts - Why Whining Americans Don't Get It

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by SteveR

You really sound like you're quoting a 1950s "The Red Menace" propaganda flick. If you don't think the American people should be allowed to think whatever they want, why not start lobbying your beloved Congress for a thought-crime amendment?

You're clearly not here to debate, but only to make incendiary remarks, ridiculous claims, and pro-bailout rhetoric. The title of the thread says it all. You didn't come here to debate, you came to preach the Gospel of St. Paulson.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by pieman

Well, actually I can't live without a woman, but for my luck I lived my 27 years without banks.
So if I can do it, everyone can do it. No banks, no trouble. No one can blackmail you, no one can threat you, you don't need to worry about everything. And what is changing? You must wait to buy a car a bit more. That's all. Everyone can live with that.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by EtSolveMundi

The way I see it... if you can be blunt and straight... we can be blunt and straight.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by SteveR
The suits in Washington are doing the best thing for the people - in the long run. Less whining and more intelligent thinking is needed here.

Thank you

No, they don't give a **** about the people. They care about their corporate campaign contributions and the gifts from the lobbyist.

Yeah, intelligent thinking is needed here.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sheridan
I lived my 27 years without banks.
So if I can do it, everyone can do it. No banks, no trouble. ... And what is changing? You must wait to buy a car a bit more. That's all. Everyone can live with that.

Are you kidding me? Are you really so unaware that this is not about you, this is about the entire economy, civilization as we know it. Your viewpoints are founded in nothing more than a total ignorance of how your country works. Same as most here. This is not about bank accounts, this is about EVERYTHING.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
No, they don't give a **** about the people. They care about their corporate campaign contributions and the gifts from the lobbyist.

Yeah, intelligent thinking is needed here.

I written the same. They don't care about anyone. They're just care with money. Hmmmm. Why do these kind of greedy people are breathing at all??? What a waste of fresh air.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Sheridan

it may be that your right, if i could get away without using a bank, i probably would, but i need a bank loan to buy a house, i need to use the bank to pay my bills, i need the bank to collect my pay each week, the job i do requires the facilities a bank provides to trade!?!

i doubt i'm in the minority here, if it was a gradual thing it might be okay but a sudden collapse of the banks would leave us in a situation like they have in somalia at the moment. i don't want that, for me or the my kids.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by SteveR

I have no problem with that, but why not actually try to defend your stance. The general consensus here is that these institutions caused their own failures, they are culpable, not us, so why should we shoulder the cost to either salvage or junk them? We know the consequences, we are prepared to accept them. We would rather purge these entities from the system and rebuild a better system than prop them up, reward them for greed, fraud, and immorality, and wait for them to do it all again.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 04:27 PM
link   
People who can't barter will not survive this one... Those who don't own guns, the same ones who made fun of those who do... Will be food for the rest...

This situation is exactly why our founding fathers gave us these priviledges, to protect ourselves from the trash and scum...

The time has come...

[edit on 26-9-2008 by GrndLkNatv]

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by SteveR

Steve. The economy is NOT ABOUT US in the 21st century. i.e. you're paying your taxes, which is more then tripled in the last years, and that money, what you payed is not goes where it should to go. They're going to fill the pocket of these greedy assholes that we're going to hang up sooner or later. You're simply giving free money for these morons, nothing more. And now, it's better if it's going to be stopped.

We're keeping up the economy, which is not about us. It's time to change this. Believe me. If this economy fails, it will be a great moment. Everyone will like that, with the exception of the greedy ones... but they will sleep with the fishes for that time already.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by SteveR

i'ld imagine you could put your point across more effectively if you weren't being so antagonistic. if your argument can't stand on it's own then it's not worth making unless your just baiting.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 04:33 PM
link   
as far as civilization surviving without the big banks.....
ummm..ya, sure......look through history, tell me another one...
it would be hard, but it would be survivable...think of the pheonix...out of the ashes, a beautiful bird is reborn!

where will your civilation be without all those peasants out there in the fields, farming your food?? what do you think would happen if the ones paying these peasants just up and walked off? would they stop the farming, or would they continue anyways, only taking the full profits of their labor. what, you think they would actually just go home and starve to death?

same goes for everything else, we'd revert back to a barter system, or maybe little communities would come up with their own form a local currency, whatever.
but, to place all the importance on the paper pushers while ignoring the people who are actually doing the danged labor is insane!!
take away those laborers and see where you society stands!
there were bakers before there was wonder bread!

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by EtSolveMundi
We would rather purge these entities from the system and rebuild a better system

In the meantime you will starve to death and functioning government will no longer exist.

The entire country will be in a state of savage anarchy where a 'job' and a 'store' is nothing more than a memory.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 04:34 PM
link   
I'm just a poor working stiff. But as I watch James Bond movies and such, I'm really leaning toward one of those 300 foot yachts with my own helicopter, a private jet, a summer home in the Bahamas, and a winter home in Vail.

So, if I commit to purchasing all this crap on falsified credit which I know I can't pay for in three life times, will the US Government also bail me out? Guarantee my bad debts?
Let me keep my helicopter, yacht, jet and houses?

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by SteveR

Two things...
1. We will starve eventually anyway. $700B is a temporary fix to a failing system. Like RP says, let them fall, and suffer a depression for a year vs. keep bailing out and suffer depression for 10 years.
2. There will be savage anarchy if the CEOs of the failed banks keep getting huge payoffs!

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 04:39 PM
link   
mecheng,

Actually Steven is bringing the issue that even senators are bringing into the news with a twist, our own senators see the uprising of the People against this vote as nothing but the Ignorance of the people.

Senators are so detach from the regular populace that they still think that we are mostly illiterate farmers with not education and understanding of the corrupted doings of our elite in this nation and their affiliation to the bankers and corporate America.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by SteveR

I do not think anyone is against some action taking place to help the market. I do think that people are against giving the treasury a blank check to do with as they please with no oversight, and without the option to review things later. The current bill is way too vague. That is the problem.

Also, you are talking as though the only two options are to give into the proposed bailout or give people each a $7K check. That is also not so. Some in congress suggested coming up with a comprehensive insurance plan that will back up the risky debts without just outright buying them.

From a regular guy's vantage point, it would seem like this bill is being snowballed through so that noone has a chance to think about it. I do not want to see the market crash, but I am not willing to sign a blank check to anyone. We are not talking about small sums of money but trillions.

If you want intelligent thinking, lead by example.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by SteveR

Don't bet on the current Government and Bank system Steve. They're failing and we're gladly waited this moment. The show is just starting. There will be no fireworks, but we're drinking a small glass of champagne after every bank that is failing. This Zionist bank / neocon liberal madness ends now in 2008. And I'm really glad that I live and see this moment.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by mecheng

Mecheng, if we do not bailout there will not be a depression. It will be worse than you could possibly imagine. We're talking nightmare scenario. Bartering or killing for simple goods. If all the bailouts were given to private individuals and financial institutions collapsed, that is where we'd be.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Aaron_Justin

Aaron... I'm against ANY action using taxpayers dollars to bail these guys out. I'm done, finished, and about ready to stop paying taxes should this go through. The market will adjust... which is the cure for this disease.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join