It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bailouts - Why Whining Americans Don't Get It

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 03:30 PM
link   
We are not bailing out the elite and forgetting you exist. It's very simple, by keeping the market working as it should we make sure you get everything you need when you need it. Sure there have been failures but this is nothing compared to how things could be. Without the economy, life as you've come to know it would not exist. If we give you $7000 each as someone suggested and let the system fail, you will fail.

The suits in Washington are doing the best thing for the people - in the long run. Less whining and more intelligent thinking is needed here.

Thank you

+45 more 
posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Not sure if you're trying to just go against the grain here or just forgot to do you're homework. You call everyone whining americans because they bring up the issue that corrupt banks gambled there way into oblivion and the government is giving them free handouts of billions of dollars and theres people right now trying to bust there arse to find a job to feed there 2 year olds and find a place to live and they get overlooked.
Then the congress vetos a bill to supply 10% extra foodstamps and an extra week of unemployment right when the non-elite public needs it.

Yeah....thats the government you're taking up for there buddy.

+9 more 
posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by SteveR
We are not bailing out the elite and forgetting you exist.

That's your opinion, also who is 'we'? Are you saying you're a congressman
?

It's very simple, by keeping the market working as it should we make sure you get everything you need when you need it.

I like your thinking, but it's a few months too late. Why didn't "you" keep the market working in the first place?

Sure there have been failures but this is nothing compared to how things could be.

You're right. We could have avoided this whole thing entirely, or we could avoid rewarding the institutions that caused it, or we could do so in a responsible manner and without an insane tax burden or a massive new debt.

Without the economy, life as you've come to know it would not exist.

Most of the posts I've read which are against the bailout recognize this, perhaps because it is obvious.

If we give you $7000 each as someone suggested and let the system fail, you will fail.

Why don't you take that up with whoever said it, rather than putting words in "our" mouths. Also, thanks for the opinion.

The suits in Washington are doing the best thing for the people - in the long run.

Once again thanks for your baseless claim.

Less whining and more intelligent thinking is needed here.

If having an unpopular (although I believe about 40% of the public shares "our" opinion of the bailout) is considered whining and unintelligent, well, I'm a crybaby idiot.

Thank you

No, thank you for reaffirming my belief that the bailout is criminally irresponsible and an absolutely wrong choice. Also, your entire tone comes across as condescending and arrogant, but I'm sure that's not an accurate reflection of your intentions, because you're just trying to tell us that "the suits" are looking out for us.

+10 more 
posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by SteveR

Steve, you're recognized as a member scholar. That has to count for something. But I see your position as nearly indefensible.

The issue here can be reduced to a simple fact, those who caused the problem should NOT be, in any way, empowered to escape the consequences. Monetizing debt, or borrowing MORE money from the FED is not going to 'fix' anything for anyone who is victimized by the actions of those who caused this problem.

The Market has been manipulated by those who feel they are equipped to do so, and reality struck back (as it often does) and made clear these "banksters" are NOT equipped to do so after all.

It is a matter of goals, and their goal is NOT conducive to the common good.

Our real problem is that those who stand oath-bound to protect us, have done nothing to do so. And now it seems they are going to the fox to ask how to fix the hen house.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 03:55 PM
link   
I will say it again, what is happening is communism.

The mainstreammedai (MSM) is attempting at this very moment 14:00 9/26 to divert attention from the bailout to the presidential debate. Do you believe they will debate the bail out???

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 03:56 PM
link   
How do you think the father gets his job? The kid his/her foods?

It's called the economy. If they give in to your whines and give you all your $7000 bailouts instead of supporting market institutions, WHAT will happen? WHAT will you spend it on?

The government's main priority is keeping the economy functioning. Only a fool would begrudge that.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by SteveR

I don't know which planet are you live on, but in the 21st century I never saw a politician who is cared with the ordinary man. You're living in a dream world, where good politicians are existing. Here is the bad news. There are no good politician in the U.S., nor in Europe who is care with YOUR interests. They're just trying to save THEIR money. I hope they'll fail. I hope all the banks will go to bankrupt. And I honestly hope that all greedy moron, who caused this all over the world will hang before the end of the year. All of them deserves.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by SteveR

Unless you are trying to be sarcastic I will take it as a joke, see we may no be market savvies here but we smell a rat a distance away and we are aware here in ATS through analysis by members of what is cooking behind doors in Washington.

Anyway the post sounds like what one senator said on TV he actually in other words call the American people ignorant of what goes on In Wall street.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by SteveR

We are not bailing out the elite...
...we make sure you get everything you need when you need it.
If we give you $7000...

Since it sounds like you are so intimately tied to the financial decisions of this Country, I have a question. If it is the record foreclosure that are causing bank failures. Why don't "you" bail out the home owners to avoid having to bail out the banks?

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

If I wanted the Ron Paul talking points explained like it is gospel, I would call Ron Paul.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by harvib
Why don't "you" bail out the home owners to avoid having to bail out the banks?

The banks are more important. Why don't we bail out all the homeless people too, while we're at it? Do you think the country will go ANYWHERE with bankrupt financial institutions??

What is good for them, is good for you. It supports your life as you know it.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 04:07 PM
link   
i've got to say, despite it's unpopularity, the point the op is making has it's merits. the financial system supports civilisation as we know it, if it collapses then it all goes down the pan, there's no getting away from it.

this isn't the thirties, things are set up differently these days, seriously, what exactly are you gong to do if almost every US business goes to the wall by the end of the year?

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by SteveR

You really that brainwashed or you're working for the government.

Now, here is the deal. The banks caused this, so no one should bail them out at all. They caused all the problem, they should sink in the drain. The banks are causing this all over the world, because they're greedy.

Believe me, the world would be a much better place without any sort of Zionist Banks. We don't need banks. We don't need Zionists. To hell with both of them. If they don't want to go, we will send them to there.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 04:08 PM
link   
The question is . . . as with any other bail out that our government has done in the last 12 month that amount already on billion if not trillions we have seen the markets take it like a band aid.

While this bill will help banks keep perpetuation the credit hold on citizens it will not stop the credit bubble from bursting again, see as Americans survive on credit while jobs are harder to find, guess what I guess Paulson and Benanke along with all the corrupted financial system that will be receiving the loans from the American tax payer will do a great effort to provide Americans no only with more credit but also a job to pay for that credit.
Right?

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 04:11 PM
link   
I say let it happen. Let the banks go bankrupt and people loose the houses they can not afford. I am tired of taxpayers paying for all the stupidity of the masses. Not to mention that the federal income tax is actually illegal. Let it happen. Do not allow any type of black mail bail out to happen.

I am going to post this on as many threads as I can, because it is time people realize worse things can happen. For example giving all our money and freedom to the government.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by pieman
i've got to say, despite it's unpopularity, the point the op is making has it's merits. the financial system supports civilisation as we know it, if it collapses then it all goes down the pan, there's no getting away from it.

this isn't the thirties, things are set up differently these days, seriously, what exactly are you gong to do if almost every US business goes to the wall by the end of the year?

Pie. It's supporting the civilization, because we NEVER tried another method at all. But two financial crisis within less then hundred years means one thing. This one SUCKS. Maybe we should try an alternate version... without banks.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 04:13 PM
link   
The "Suits" in Washington caused the problem.. They are fing stupid people so why give them more money to make the problem worse? If they were to starve with the rest of us, nobody would nor does care.

[edit on 26-9-2008 by GrndLkNatv]

+2 more 
posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Question for mods... Can the title "scholar" be revoked here at ATS?

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 04:17 PM
link   
I say let it happen. Let the banks go bankrupt and people loose the houses they can not afford. I am tired of taxpayers paying for all the stupidity of the masses. Not to mention that the federal income tax is actually illegal. Let it happen. Do not allow any type of black mail bail out to happen.

I am going to post this on as many threads as I can, because it is time people realize worse things can happen. For example giving all our money and freedom to the government.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Sheridan

banks are a bit like women in that regard, can't live with em, the government won't let you kill 'em... seriously, a great social experiment is all well and good, but realistically, the system has now changed regardless.

i've no issue if the bankers were all taken out and lined up against a wall, but the banks as institutions are pretty important to the stability of our lives.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join