It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another "Great Depression"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Post your opinions. Do you think it could happen? What do you think it happen if there is another depression? I'll go first, I think the US is heading into another depression and I think I would lose my job and the school I go to will close. There will be mass chaos in the streets of the big citys and there would be a possibility of another country coming in and try to take over.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 03:37 PM
link   
There is an easy solution to this problem that will satisfy homeowners, taxpayers and the institutions that caused the problem. We don't need an economic problem.

The problem centers around loans that have dramatically increased their interest rates on supposed unsuspecting homeowners (even tho they could have read it in bold print on their loan documents) and on unscrupulous lenders who permitted mortgages to be given to people who did not have the means to repay.

Since it centers on professional lenders, they should be the ones who are penalized.

Here's the simple solution: make a law that changes the terms of all sub-prime loans. The law would read that, instead of changing interest to the higher rate virtually overnight at the end of the term (1-5 yrs typically), extend the term to 10 years and allow the interest to increase incrementally (the rate jump divided by 10, per year).

This would penalize the lenders, but allow them to still have "good" loans on the books. This would allow homeowners to (1) keep their homes and (2) increase their incomes more gradually to overcome the rate/month increases in their mortgage monthly payment.

The lenders get to stay in business, any bailouts are minimized and graduated over 10 years, and the value of your home and my home remains stable. It also allows the homeowners in trouble to maintain their credit, helping the banking system.

End of problem. Questions, anyone?

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 04:10 PM
link   
I say let it happen. Let the banks go bankrupt and people loose the houses they can not afford. I am tired of taxpayers paying for all the stupidity of the masses. Not to mention that the federal income tax is actually illegal. Let it happen. Do not allow any type of black mail bail out to happen.

I am going to post this on as many threads as I can, because it is time people realize worse things can happen. For example giving all our money and freedom to the government.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 04:37 PM
link   
ya i sorta want it to happen so the people will finally wake up and see how corrupt the US government is. Its no longer "we the people" its we the bankers. but the other half of me dont want it to happen because im afraid of what will happen. Chaos and the safety of my family.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by EpicJ19

Actually it's We the people vs. We the bankers. Well, let's count how many on one side and how many are on the other one. Now, add a rifle to everyone's hand and you'll see who is going to win. I would bet on the people.

Do you know what will be good in this. If we clear the mess out from the system, if we jail every impostor, greedy asshole, your children, my ones, every children will grow up in a better world than this one. They don't have to live on debts, what the bankers created. They deserve a better life that in we living now.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Some guy who sounds clever, and who probably is clever, comes into your thread and posts exactly what the powers that be want you to believe:

"Here's the solution. Make more Laws! It's SO EASY!!!!!"

The solution is very easy, but it's made complicated by people who have become experts at confusing the mass psyche. So, even though I could tell you what the solution is, nobody wants to hear it, because they've been mislead their whole lives, and now they have become misleading themselves. Misleading people are misleading themselves. Even the "evil" elites.

So I dunno, people. You're on your own. Deal with it. If I die due to not playing along with panic, ya know... so be it. I'll just go somewhere else. The solution is
free will. You either use it, or you die without ever knowing it.

"Easy for you to say. You don't have kids and a mortgage and a bunch of things to lose." That's right. I don't.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by dunwichwitch

A depression regarding the current situation as been predicted for over a year by trend analysts (Gerald Celente) and worse than 1929.
We're that close if the dollar is dropped by foreign intrests.

Toss in a flare up or fully boogie in the middle east and then a depression is guarenteed.

[edit on 26-9-2008 by Pinktip]

top topics

join