It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

At White House, McCain Plays Bailout Spoiler

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 03:12 PM
link   

At White House, McCain Plays Bailout Spoiler

www.huffingtonpost.com

Obama himself did not directly take McCain to task at his post-meeting press avail, but suggested that his methods were not helping the process.

"What I found and I think was confirmed today when you inject presidential politics into delicate negotiations it is not necesary as helpsful as it could be," he said, according to Politico's Carrie Budoff Brown. "When you are not worried about who is getting credit and who is getting blamed you tend to move forward more constructively."

UPDATE: CBS News reports that McCain's alternative proposal includes "fewer regulations and corporate tax breaks":
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 9/26/2008 by Keyhole]

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Well, McCains showing his true colors!

All through his campaign he was quoted as saying that he wanted was the one who was the "de-regulator".

He was the one who wanted the regulations removed which allowed the energy futures to cause the price of gas to sky rocket, and the regulations removed that now have caused this economic crisis.

Then, as things got worse with the economy, he changed his tune and started saying he was always for regulating.

McCain is NOW a Regulator...Yeah Right!

He is also the one who always votes in favor of big tax cuts for BIG businesses like oil.

So, here he is again, trying to push his "tax breaks" for the BIG corporations and fewer regulations for them to allow these sort of fiasco's to happen again!

The American taxpayers can't afford to let BIG corporations have tax breaks, they make billions of dollars a year, they can pay their taxes the same as my small business does!

And Americans can't afford to let these corporations run around without being regulated, the high gas prices and the economic crisis we are going through prove that!

Doesn't McCain understand this?

Doesn't he understand WHY these things have happened?

Apparently not!

www.huffingtonpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 9/26/2008 by Keyhole]

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 03:23 PM
link   
First off, the Huffington Post is one of the must unreliable biased sources on the internet.

Secondly, McCain's proposals include things like temporarily lowering or suspending the capital gains tax and corporate tax. I completely agree with him on this solution as well.

Let the market fix this mess, not the tax payers. Suspending those taxes would create an extreme influx of cash into the markets. With no capital gains tax for a time, investors from all over the world would flood the market with capital.

The other plus to this is that we wouldn't be bailing out the greedy and corrupt wall street thugs who got us into this mess in the first place.

I am completely behind McCain and the house Republicans on this issue.

NO BAILOUT!

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 03:38 PM
link   
I'm sorry, but I disagree!

Why not let MY small company get these sort of tax breaks then, then I could use the money to buy things that will help the economy?

All the big corporations are going to do is to give themselves big fat bonuses with the money they save with these tax breaks.

And I believe we should regulate them to the hilt!

When the regulations were in place, everything ran fine, once they removed some of these regulations, all hell broke loose!

These guys can't regulate themselves, they'll just make a ton of money while letting their company and stockholders go broke and then claim bankruptcy.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 03:43 PM
link   
I don't have a source for this right now, but from what I've heard the bill the House Republicans put forward contained increased regulations to go along with the breaks in capital gains and corporate tax.

They aren't going to let these guys get away with this again. That's why Dodd and some of the other Dems who profited the most from this mess are so against it.

They stand to make tons of money from this bailout. They all do. And the tax payers are the ones who are going to foot the bill for it.

If our options are increased cash flow through lower taxes or big government bail out, I'll take the lower taxes any day!

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Here's a news clip about what McCain wants in this $700 billion bailout.

McCain Bailout Plan: More Deregulation

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by nyk537

They stand to make tons of money from this bailout. They all do. And the tax payers are the ones who are going to foot the bill for it.

If our options are increased cash flow through lower taxes or big government bail out, I'll take the lower taxes any day!

You are a respected foe my friend, but what you just said is right on the money. If they PROMISE no bailout what so ever in any way shape or form, and instead propose massive corporate tax cuts for say two years, max; I am all for it!

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by nyk537

Oh, so would the rest of America!

But what McCain was proposing was more tax breaks, less regulations WITH the bailout!

top topics

join