It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

British Queen may run out of cash before 2012!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 02:34 PM
link   
It seems even the British Queen is hit by the global credit crunch - in fact, the Buckingham Palace is said to be suffering so badly that it may run out of cash in three years.

Soaring prices: the Queen's finances have been eroded by rising inflation

Source

Source 2

Rejected: Queen's plea for more cash

The Queen and the Government are locked in a secret dispute over royal demands for increased public funding to meet the growing expense of the monarchy.
Source

[edit on 26-9-2008 by communicator]

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 02:44 PM
link   
The queen's wealth can be divided into the income she receives from the Government and earnings from her estates and investments. The public cost is partly funded by the Civil List, while further taxpayers' money is spent on the upkeep of the occupied palaces and the Royal Family's travel on state business. Prince Philip receives a grant of £359,000 for his state role as consort to the Queen.

The Queen continues to generate income through the privately owned 46,000-acre estates of the Duchy of Lancaster. This year it rose from more than £11.7m to £12.6m. This helps pay for her private estates and some expenses for the junior royals.

Does this flash RED for us common people???

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 02:56 PM
link   
As an American, I can only opine..., are you guys sure you are getting your money's worth out of this arrangement?

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Does UK really needs Queen??? is the question I asked one of my friend in UK... and he replied

"the Queen/royal family bring revenue to this country and provide a good ambassador abroad."

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maxmars
As an American, I can only opine..., are you guys sure you are getting your money's worth out of this arrangement?

Whats Britishers say (I am also American) is that they are better off with Queen than corrupt politician... but... I am not able to understand that logic

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by communicator

Originally posted by Maxmars

Whats Britishers say (I am also American) is that they are better off with Queen than corrupt politician... but... I am not able to understand that logic

Ouch. Touche!

Although, come to think of it, that does raise some other questions!

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 03:49 PM
link   
rumours have it that the queen is far richer than is made out to be, im sure her money will last her far and beyond past 2012

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 04:51 PM
link   
I am English, and like most other SENSIBLE Brit's, I say good, we dont even need a royal family they are just a Big waste of money.

It is thin ice soon to be demoted to citizens.

Considering that they are supposed to be Masonic, and links to the NWO, with the Banks collapsing. Is the NWO epicly failing?

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by communicator

I dont know what you mean, the Queen has no power, the Goverment took over from the Royal family long ago. She is now the worlds most expensive tourist attraction.

The majority if Politicains here are corrupt, right down to the local MP's

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by altered_states
rumours have it that the queen is far richer than is made out to be, im sure her money will last her far and beyond past 2012

yep thats what I think too... untill I read this news...

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 02:44 PM
link   
I read that the other day. Yet today, she's looking at buying a new jet because she's interested in the new design. Without looking it up, what was it, £9.5m she's spending on it?
True, she hasn't had a payrise in twenty years, but can you justify to me (an Englishman) begging for more money and then wasting it?
Apparently it hasn't occurred to her just how much Pollyfilla she could get for 9.5mil...

new topics

top topics

join