It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whitehouse Threatens Veto of Second Stimulus Over Food Stamps & Unemployment Benefits

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Sestias

I would have to agree with you 100%. And if you follow the money trail it leads right to Capitol Hill who time and time again, regardless of party, continue to pass legislation that weigh heavily in favor of Businesses.

Why is it that they could pass a bankruptcy law that favored businesses and punished Americans who need this law the most? Meanwhile, businesses go bankrupt and their CEO's and top dogs walk away wit millions. How is that a fair law to the average American. Or how about all of them years of credit card companies, pay day lenders charging excessive rates? Who allowed them to continue that practice.

I am not against a stimulus package. But the one they had to offer wasn't worth the paper it was written on. 10% increase in food stamps and about 2billion for unemployment. Divide that by 50 states and you don't get too far. Most of the package were things that should have been put in a regular appropriation bill. This was just the Dems trying to get brownie points cause they knew the Reps would decline it. That is the problem with them guys on Capitol Hill, it is always about politics no matter who is in charge.

Amazing how people want government to quit spending so much of their money but are willing to accept it when they throw in a few billion for the unfortunate. A few billion that really isn't going to change much of anything.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by RRconservative
You can't stimulate the economy by encouraging people to stay unemployed longer by extending benefits. You also can't stimulate the economy by giving them more money for food.

Want to stimulate the economy?.....reduce the benefits....shorten the time people can draw unemployment.

Spoken like someone who has never gone hungry or has never gone months or years without work because there was none to be had.

I would like to say I expected better of you rr but I know better.

<< 2  3  4   >>

join