It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wicca/Witchcraft/Magick?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwytch

aw I'm sorry to hear about your son. My friend went through a similar experience - although a Pagan she did not become, lol
But she was told she would never have kids due to her situation (cant remember the medical term), but 2 years later she's now got an 8 month old boy so yey, dead happy now bless! Do you have children now, may I ask?

And yes, I think my intuition guided me the right way yeaaah!
I like the way this thread is going, v positive.

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by emmy

Hey emmy,

Yes, I am enjoying this thread too ...

I thought for one awful moment my last post about Callum had depressed everyone and I'd killed the thread.

Thank goodness you posted. I hope it keeps going !!!

Woody

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 03:03 PM
link   
i think some people just aren't sure how to react, but hey, check you out! You seemed to have done v well for yourself
And I still haven't (admittedly) checked your site out, I just reminded myself...
(I have a brain like a seive, despite loving reading
I'm a bit dim sometimes, haha!)

Hope your well

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by emmy

It sounds like we have much in common ... if it happened 400yrs ago the memory is crystal clear ... recalling what I wrote on a thread 10mins ago, well that's something else entirely.

Woody

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Well, guys, thank you for the information. However, while I do know about the many books there are, I was asking wether any of you know about OR have any websites/internet sources/etc. about AND how to do:

Originally posted by OkamiZaku
white magic/black magic/ pyromancy/ hydromancy/ aeromancy/ geomancy/ etc.

^I want to know how to do these things.^

If you guys know of how to do any of these or have any websites about this, do tell.

Spells and elemental arts are what I'd like to learn about... gfffkhjgf

Of course, keep going w/ the comments, I'm trying to learn as much as I can.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by OkamiZaku

Unfortunately, OkamiZaku, its not as simple as chanting a few passages and your will is miraculously done.

For example: one of the most famed grimoires, The Keys of Solomon (specifically the Goetia), deals specifically with the invocation/evocation of the 72 greater demons. The process in which this is done requires a great deal of study and interpretation, not to mention a great understanding of what is involved. Along with this it, it is very dangerous and urges a great deal of caution (caution which is urged in most grimoires on ceremonial magick).

If you are genuinely interested in begining studies in the occult, I can recommend visiting some of the occult forums out there. But a bit of friendly advice, alot of the occult communities out there really frown upon what is called "Fluff Bunnies" or "Spell Begging", which is people just looking for spells. In my experience, the most effective spells are the spells written by and personal to the caster.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 02:14 PM
link   
@ Christians don't read this post

(I'm an ex-christian, so I know their reaction
)

I am also relatively new and I've ordered some of the books mentioned on page one.
(On the other hand, I am an intuitive telepath and since I've stopped smoking I'm getting a lot stronger again... )
But what do you guys think of this: Thought forms
IMHO, as a seeker of truth, Magick in all it's forms, be it fervent prayer, a wiccan spell or the 'law of attraction' or the linked 'thought forms', are basically one and the same thing!? Just placed into a different package.

Basically: if you ask, believe and imagine (christians thank BTW) then it will work. The only difficult part is the believing or 'having faith', as the christian fraction would put it.

What are your thoughts / what have I missed?

Samuel

p.s. This obviously discludes demonology, which is a totally different kettle of fish.
p.p.s. Emmy: I love your Avatar

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by woodwytch
Hey there emmy,

Your intuition obviously steered you well ... it's an absolute minefield out there trying to find books on the subject that give good clear guidance.

Other books that I would recommend to newcomers to the craft are;

'Living Wicca' by Scott Cunningham

'Embracing The Moon' by Yasmine Galenorn

'Making Magick' by Edain McCoy

Woody

I just wanted to mention that 'Embracing The Moon' by Yasmine Galenorn was the first book I bought. It was about 10 years ago now, and I eventually found Scott Cunningham's books. All good reads and very informative. I have a few more books at home I would like to add to the list but I am at work so I'll have to do it later.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aldolas
p.p.s. Emmy: I love your Avatar

no flirting, it's offtopic

Only messing! You cant see it in the pic but my left eye had just been operated on - never again, freaked me out! Next time I get a cyst it's staying there
haha!

And heya Hilbert
please add, I'm considering getting back into the subject full time. The past 4 years especially, as I've been in the Air Force and found it hard to keep up with my reading. Just way too many hours, haha!

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 01:58 AM
link   
Hi everybody,
I'm kind interested too. Does anyone know how I should start?
P.S. It will be hard for me to order books over the internet, so I can't order those books everyone said.

Cheers!

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 05:13 AM
link   
Check out the Mind, Body and Spirit section in Waterstones and Ottakars, they have those books
I didn't order any of mine online

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by emmy

Sorry I dropped the ball last night. Between homework and the g/f I completely forgot to post some more books. Today is my early off day so I should be able to post them later today.

To the person asking how to get the books without using the internet. Go to any book store i.e. Barnes and Noble, borders, etc... and ask for the "New Age" section. It will probably be a small section but you can find all the books mention here their.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 08:52 AM
link   
So I decided to not wait till I got home and searched the web for the books i have at home and a few I don't have but want.

To Ride a Silver Broomstick by Silver ravenwolf ( haven't read this one but I have heard it is a good place to start)

Wicca for Life : The Way of the Craft - From Birth to Summerland by raymond Buckland ( I really enjoyed this book and suggest picking it up its a little pricey though as I have only found it in hardback.)

Nocturnal Witchcraft : Magick after Dark by Konstantinos, Karin Simoneau
(This one was very appealing as I am defiantly closer to the night. I don't like going out in the day time the sun hurts my eyes horribly, but life requires that I venture into the sun =p)

Book of Shadows by lady sheba (lady sheba was one of the first people to est. wicca as a recognized religion in the U.S. I cant remember if it was this book I read or one about her but either way she's someone I suggest reading about.)

The Practice of Witchcraft Today : An Introduction to Beliefs and Rituals by Robin Skelton (This was actually the second book I bought along with 'Embracing the Moon', It was a good place for me to start)

Faith and Magick in the Armed Forces : A Handbook for Pagans in the Military by Stefani B. Barner ( wish I would have had this when I was in the military. Those four years were pretty rough for me as far as faith and religion goes. I was definitely tested.)

I also found stuff on chakras and druids were interesting and helped with some aspects of my wiccan practices.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Oh, guys, I know that it doesn't just work by chanting a few words, I know know that much. White magic (whether you believe in the whole "white magic/black magic thing or not) is something that I am learning. However, in order for me to become a grey witch (whether that is smart or not), I'd like to know about black magic as well. And, as well as the elemental manupulations, I'd like to learn that, too. It's just of high interest right now. I know, the occult is tricky buisness and such, but still, you know? I'd like to learn. Thank you!

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by OkamiZaku

The sciences of magic have always been of interest to me!

Look for ancient texts of sciences, books, numerology, Kabbalah..
You will need to involve yourself in many sciences that are not used anymore..

True magic was in the hands of ancient civilizations, go back to them

Nobody learns magic by picking up a book from Amazon.com

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Mr. Secret is spot on, ancient civilizations created and mastered the arts and processes that are used today, so inturn it would be the best place for your to start.

Alot of the older texts can be extremely expensive (I myself spent near $3000 for a copy of Pseudomonarchia Daemonum). Fortunately the old texts are all public domain now and can be read in there entirety (even translated) online.

www.sacred-texts.com... is a very good site that I frequent alot, they exist for the sole purpose of collating all the old texts into this site, and is truly one of the greatest resources out there for occult research.

Hope that helps getting you started
. if you have any questions or anything, I'm sure I speak for everyone else on this thread in saying we'll certainly help.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Mathyn Rain

$3000 for a book?! wow, if I had the money I'd definitely be doing what you did, haha! Shame its all online and free. Maybe it's just my train of thought but personally if they're old and sacred they should stay in the book, makes it more special and personal

You must be made of money huh?!

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 12:44 PM
link   
made of money? haha I wish. I used to buy and sell alot of occult books and It was one I bought and just couldnt bring myself to sell.

This may sound weird, but the feeling you get reading a book over a hundred years old, and the smell and even the fact of just knowing that countless people before you have read the same book, its just something you can't get from online books. But until I win the lottery, lol I'll still be reading majority of my books on sacred-texts.com....but oneday.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 12:45 PM
link   
To those new to the craft, welcome. I will probably catch some crap from the old-timers for this, but I recommend 'The Complete Idiot's Guide to Wicca and Witchcraft' for anyone just starting out. It's easy to read and comprehend and makes a great starting point. Scott Cunningham's books are also good, but I found them easier to comprehend after I read this one. Also, if you happen to be of the nocturnal persuasion (night owl as opposed to a morning person) then you might be interested in 'Nocturnal Witchcraft' by Konstatinos. I am not a 'Daywalker', so this book lead me down the right path for me. Anyway, enjoy your journey, remember 'an it harm none, do what ye will', and Blessed Be!

[edit on 30-9-2008 by JaxonRoberts]

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by hILB3rT

Oh didn't see this, I didn't realise you were in the Armed Forces, which wing? And I didn't realise there was a book for Military personnel. I was RAF, so I could have done with it too. And did 4 years too

And Mathyn - I have no idea, but I bet the feeling is great!

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join