It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Marcy Kaptur

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 02:03 AM
link   
Good lord.

Now that right there gives me a bit of hope. I wonder how many more people will poke their head out soon and give rousing speeches like that one. That was pretty inspiring. I most certainly plan to do a bit more research about her and her other policies. Glad to see that the "common" folk aren't the only ones totally ticked off about this bailout plan.

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 02:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Skipper1975

I consider myself to have only an average political intelligence, yet I was saying the EXACT same things in a conversation this morning, as the woman in this video. I can’t for the life of me figure why America seems so silent and completely clueless about what’s happening to our country.

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 03:40 AM
link   
Thank god there are still people out there who can use some logic and ee how stupid all this is.

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 05:14 AM
link   
That totally caught me offguard! She's a politician? Wow, that was really good work there! I can't believe anyone on Congress or otherwise had any true spirit left in them! I'm shocked. So shocked I'm going to email her right now.

Well after this...

That being said... we must realize that we've been brainwashed into democratic thinking. Not the party, per se... but the idea of democracy. Democracy = freedom to most people, when in fact it is very much the opposite. Comtrol the opinion of 51 percent of the people and the people who work for the people, and you control the other 49 percent... and that, my friends, is a silent dictatorship. I was happy she mentioned the word "republic". You don't hear that from many mouths anymore, especially politicians.

Yikes! Truthful politician? Closest thing to one I've heard in a while.

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 06:34 AM
link   
I have personally sat in Marcy's office and talked with her and her staff. I am also a resident of Marcy's district. Her district covers parts of 4 counties that all sit on Lake Erie. It also includes Toledo, OH. It is a safe democratic district that does not see any real republican challengers. I believe Marcy is the most senior female Democrat in the house. From personal experience I can tell you that Marcy walks the walk and talks the talk. To get to Washington and stay there you typically must sell out on some level. Marcy has not done that. For that reason she has paid the price and is little known. Marcy has been fighting for the working person for years example: She poured a lot of sweat and blood into trying to defeat NAFTA. I really think it is great that she has received this kind of attention as she is a true American Patriot.

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by warza

I consider myself to have only an average political intelligence, yet I was saying the EXACT same things in a conversation this morning, as the woman in this video. I can’t for the life of me figure why America seems so silent and completely clueless about what’s happening to our country.

Because the majority of them are brainwashed by Hollywood, the media, sports and a six pack of beer.

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by warza

What is there to figure out? When from birth on, we are taught that to get anywhere, you must work work work to make a life for your self and your family. No, there`s nothing wrong with work, IF, you get to keep the greater share of the money you make. We are told, you must pay in taxes to support all of these other things that people want. Also, were are taught that in order to borrow money from a bank, you MUST pay interest on it so the lender makes their share of profits.

Now, who wins in the end? The worker? Not really. Not in these times when you have to work almost to the day you die, just to have enough to survive on. Are we blind to that fact? Yes we are. We are blinded by what we are taught in the beginning. We are being forced to work in a system that gives you very little if anything in return for all of the years of hard work you have given it. We are fed fear and lies on a dialy basis through the MSM. That one is not hard to see, just pick up a paper and see how much good news is on the front page. The same goes for TV news, how much of that makes you feel good about life? So, are we silent and clueless? Yes we are, and only until your reality is shaken apart, will you then open your eyes and see the real world around you.

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Wow, imagine in a perfect world it would be the the new dynamic duo: Ron Paul and Marcy Kaptur.

This pair would usher in a golden age for America. It would be a turning point in history that ALL governments of the world would take note of and hopefully follow their lead.

But alas, the days of the right people getting the job are long gone. Really makes you hate the way we all let each other down by sitting on ours hands for far too long.

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by smithdaleus
To get to Washington and stay there you typically must sell out on some level. Marcy has not done that. For that reason she has paid the price and is little known.

Well I have to agree with this, as I have never heard of her b4 this thread.One thing in her favor though is this video.

As a result of me viewing and enjoying her words (would have loved 2 c everyones expressions) everyone I know will become aware of her and her words.

She will get plenty of airtime from me. I'm going to email this video to all of my friends and family and tell them to pass it along. Everyone should also do the same.

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Ohio seems to have a lot of passionate representatives. We really need to set these people up for success with our support. Writing them, e-mailing them, passing these videos on.

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by DeadFlagBlues

This guy is a whiner and uses party lines to make a point. The reason Marcy is getting attention from many is that she is focusing on the issues at hand and not making it a party issue.

[edit on 27-9-2008 by Realtruth]

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Realtruth

I've seen a lot of his stuff after stumbling on this, and you're right. He even endorsed Hillary, which tells me something, but at least his sentiments are real. These people speak from the heart, and I know Ryan's opinion is skewed, but his points are very relevant and speak for the common person.

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Realtruth

Because the majority of them are brainwashed by Hollywood, the media, sports and a six pack of beer.

And this is spot on. I've been posting some bulletins and videos on Myspace. I get a ton of feed back on them, but there's still a majority of people who will immediately post "Did anybody catch the last (Enter Television Show) episode?" or "Party at (Enter Club Name Here), no cover charge!!!).

They're escapists by nature, and I think that's the way a lot of America is right now. Why have personal responsibilities? Why take accountability? Why even acknowledge that what is happening is bad? Because it's so easy to not take anything serious when you're surrounded by temporary satisfactions. The past two generations has sidestepped any sort of social responsibility, and the gap from the concerned to the indifferent is still steadily growing even with this economic storm barreling towards us.

Sad state of affairs.

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 10:46 AM
link   
tell it like it is, Marcy!!! hopefully people will get to see this - too bad hardly anyone watches C-SPAN anymore compared to the other MSM news networks. C-SPAN does seem to have a few rare gems for speeches as of late though..

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 11:00 AM
link   

BRAVO!!! What a breath of fresh air.Im not a Dem but have total respect and admarition for this lady.Where are these kinds of people when it comes time to nominate a Presedent.

Why can't the people draft there own choice for Prez/VP???

I have sent this to all I know and asked them to send it on,would be great if this started a quiet rebellion,SHHHHHH,quiet.

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by dunwichwitch
That being said... we must realize that we've been brainwashed into democratic thinking. Not the party, per se... but the idea of democracy. Democracy = freedom to most people, when in fact it is very much the opposite. Comtrol the opinion of 51 percent of the people and the people who work for the people, and you control the other 49 percent... and that, my friends, is a silent dictatorship. I was happy she mentioned the word "republic". You don't hear that from many mouths anymore, especially politicians.

yea, unfortunately people actually think democracy is a good thing because it's worked in all their years of living. did it ever occur to them that democracy is power to the people, and "they're" playing off the notion that people can, and will, be manipulated? it's truly disturbing!

demos - mob
ocracy - rule

and yes, we're a republic, not a democracy -
"...and to the republic, for which it stands..."

..."they" almost fooled us for good

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by adrenochrome

demos - mob
ocracy - rule

in your post you brought the fact that, I also made the mistake of calling it a democracy when I knew it was a republic.

They have been saying it for sooo long that it almost had me by means of habit. thanks for bringing this error to light. Star for you Andrenochrome.

Article 4 Sec. 4 - US constitution

[edit on 27-9-2008 by 19DCW71]

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by adrenochrome

Star adrenochrome.

I have to admit that I could not believe my ears, I watched the video twice in awe. Starred and Flagged. Still though, it sickens me that there aren't more politicians willing to take a stance like this, "for the people".

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Whoa there is a respectable democrat politician out there.

Then again, I have a feeling that the more respectable democrats and republicans who are actually interested in the well being of the country seem to always get marginalized by the elite owned media.

Kaptur's idea for a full congressional investigation is a great idea as well as her desire to to take the assets of those who are responsible for the financial mess before any tax money is spent. Her mentioning of both parties having members that are stooges for Wall Street is a refreshing change from the normal partisanship also.

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 04:25 PM
link   
She's taking it to church!!

I just attached the youtube link to and email and sent it to 20 people. I suggest everyone does the same!

The insanity needs to stop!

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join