It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Marcy Kaptur

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+101 more 
posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Her name's Marcy Kaptur from Ohio.

We will be telling our grandchildren about her and these words when they've reached enough ears.

Spread the link far & wide

This needs to go national

NOW

www.youtube.com...

[edit: video: link/code]

[edit on 26-9-2008 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Skipper1975

Transcript:

www.dailykos.com...

Ms. KAPTUR. Mr. Speaker, here is the latest reality game. Let's play Wall Street Bailout.

Rule one: Rush the decision. Time the game to fall in the week before Congress is set to adjourn and just 6 weeks before an historic election so your opponents will be preoccupied, pressured, distracted, and in a hurry.

Rule two: Disarm the public through fear. Warn that the entire global financial system will collapse and the world will fall into another Great Depression. Control the media enough to ensure that the public will not notice this.

Bailout will indebt them for generations, taking from them trillions of dollars they earned and deserve to keep.

Rule three: Control the playing field and set the rules. Hide from the public and most of the Congress just who is arranging this deal. Communicate with the public through leaks to media insiders. Limit any open congressional hearings. Communicate with Congress via private teleconferencing calls. Heighten political anxiety by contacting each political party separately. Treat Members of Congress condescendingly, telling them that the matter is so complex that they must rely on those few insiders who really do know what's going on.

Rule four: Divert attention and keep people confused. Manage the news cycle so Congress and the public have no time to examine who destroyed the prudent banking system that served America so well for 60 years after the financial meltdown of the 1920s.

[edit on 26-9-2008 by Skipper1975]

[edit: added EX tags and source link]
Mod Edit: External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 26-9-2008 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 12:03 PM
link   
That lady was wielding Thor's hammer!

Everybody needs to watch this.

Peace

[edit on 26-9-2008 by Dr Love]

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 12:17 PM
link   
I emailed her yesterday asking her to "bail" me out of my debt.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 01:30 PM
link   
With someone like her in the house, you'd think the others would be ashamed of themselves....,

but then, they got there by being shameless in the first place.

That's it, she's going on my ticket for VP Paul/Kaptur '08.

Screw the parties and their 'party' lines.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 07:54 PM
link   
hi all..

maybe one of the mods would like to move this somewhere else or delete this one and make your own so that it gets more views?..

that would be fine with me...all that matters is people get a chance to listen to her.

take care all

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 08:00 PM
link   
We need to buy that lady a beer or something!

A true Patriot. Ohio is very lucky.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 08:15 PM
link   
BIG thumbs up to this woman!!!

This woman has more balls and brains than all of the men in that room!

[edit on 9/26/08 by housegroove23]

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Wow! that was dynamic and inspirational.

My faith has just been restored about 50% after that speech, now the action step to completely restore my faith.

Starred and Flagged

Just in case anyone wants to email her.

Marcy's Email

[edit on 26-9-2008 by Realtruth]

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 08:48 PM
link   
HURRAY For this Woman and her message! I will e her to thank her personally.

EDIT to say, wow! this woman and her bio is just unbelievable, a must read, she is truly an inspiring woman.

[edit on 26-9-2008 by antar]

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Wow... she sure did do some serious straight talking in there.

Now, let's just hope someone was actually listening and will act accordingly.

Standing O for the lady from Ohio!

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 09:55 PM
link   
wow....just....wow.....Everyone who sees this needs to post it wherever possible. Don't let your laziness get the better of you, just post it on whatever forums you may go to. Spread the word like wildfire and watch the house of cards these fatcats have built come down in flames.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Foryour information, youtube has suspended the count on this video. Last count was 232,297. People have been demanding that youtube reinstate the count, but to no avail. It would appear that there is an attempt to trivialize her message.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Sorry. But I don't believe anyone will listen to what she had to say. She is right in what she says but it will fall on deaf ears as usual. The others are only interested in their own wealth and power and will do nothing to stop it. The congress and Senate really don't have the American people best interest at heart. WE all know it and so do they. But the American people sorry to say will just march along with the drummer. Sad. Very sad.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 09:59 PM
link   
I must say that that was intense. Now that is what are founding fathers had in mind for our democracy. people like her truly working for the American people.

Unfortunately it's full of sinister minions doing the devils work.Evil, greedy, lying, deceitful, useless people who deserve nothing more than the inevitable death they are bringing upon us all.

Definately starred and flagged.

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Even if/after america survives this, it still won't matter much. Our country needs a good period of anarchy/suppression, then a revolt/unionization period to learn that there are more important things than money.

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maxmars
With someone like her in the house, you'd think the others would be ashamed of themselves....,

but then, they got there by being shameless in the first place.

That's it, she's going on my ticket for VP Paul/Kaptur '08.

Screw the parties and their 'party' lines.

Can you imagine the headlines? "Elitists Flee Country In Fear of 2nd Revolution"

I would stand in the freezing rain to campaign for that ticket. This woman is amazing. (at least.. on this issue)

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 12:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Skipper1975

Starred and flagged.

Very good post and video.

Maybe we should be writing in Marcy Kaptur's name on the election ballets.

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 01:45 AM
link   
what a great speech

unfortunately though nothing much will come out of this. its all talk that the wrong doing mercede owners will get reprimanded....

the rich get ritcher and the poor get poorer....thats life

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 01:52 AM
link   

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join