It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Enter if you hate or ever hated anyone

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 11:49 AM
link   
If you hate someone, and they punish you, will you forgive them while being punished? Why or why not? Can you then also hate them for acting with a reason? And while being punished, to you, does your not being then able to continue pushing hatred mean you forgive them just then? But, to them (a victim after your hatred), do you think it would mean you forgive them just then?

I was listening to a Godsmack song... And Sully sung, "All I feel is hate. Will you forgive me?" And I concluded the question: What is there for persons to forgive if those persons hate you? Unless be it you punish the haters so that they have something to maybe then forgive you, since they originally hate, with or without a kind of righteous reason, you.

And Godsmack is one of my favorite bands.

[edit on 26-9-2008 by Mabus]

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 12:01 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

To truely hate someone, that requires at least somesort of personal knowledge of him/her. Personally? There are two people in this world I truely hate...both of whom have hurt others in my family in rather disgusting ways...

Forgive them? As the old saying goes "to err is human, to forgive devine", well...I ain't all that devine.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Hate is the worst emotion I've ever felt. It can totally consume a person.

I have only felt hate a few times in my life. The last time I hated was when my ex husband and his wife moved near me. It had been over 30 years since I last saw my ex and "poof" he moves from Wisconsin to my home town in Georgia.

Let me say now that I am normally a very loving and forgiving person. I'm laid back and have a live and let live attitude.

Hate seemed to jump on me and had me in a constant state of aggression and ill will towards the ex and his wife. It was a horrible feeling. It lasted over 2 months.

I finally decidedto let them know how I felt and ask them to forgive me. I made it worse for them but the hate left me completely. They didn't know how much I had hated them.

My point of asking their forgiveness is that I knew it was wrong for me to feel hate for another human. I had to clear my heart of the hate.

I don't know if that answered your question but that is my experience with hate.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 12:28 PM
link   
I have been hurt in ways unimaginable over my 45 yrs. Mostly psychological.

I used to hold it in. Dwell upon it.

But you find it consumes you. And drags you down. It is best to get over it.
"and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us."

I have also found it highly interesting how my id can create a barrier to old/bad/good former relationships. It is very nearly the equivalent of a brick wall in my mind.

[edit on 9/26/2008 by jpm1602]

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 12:32 PM
link   
I don't know. I hate Don Henley and I really do not wish for his forgiveness. He is a horrible musician. The worst ever.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Mabus

Originally posted by Mabus
If you hate someone, and they punish you, will you forgive them while being punished?

I think because if I hate someone and they punish me, I'll hate them more?

Almost oneliner

-v

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 12:35 PM
link   
LOL pluckey. I am not a big Henley fan either. But I don't damn him to hell either.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Hate is a waste of time and energy. It serves no useful purpose and why should I spend my time and energy on something that has no purpose.

All it does is feed and propogate more hate.
It's a weed.
Why feed it.

Cuhail

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 12:50 PM
link   
If someone deeply hurt one of my family seagull. I would see that justice is served. Either by the legal system or at my hands. Some things are sacrosanct. And that is one of them. Let justice be served and let it go. Even if you study in a prison cell at 10 to 20. reply to post by seagull

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 12:54 PM
link   
I can pity someone....

I can hope they change....

I can feel uneasy around people....

I can hate things that people do.....

But i honestly can say that i don't think i have ever truly hated anyone..ever.

Disliked, fallen out with, been angry with...... yes

Hate....no

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Hate is an act against a person if they some how know it. Only way they'd know it is when it's expressed. Emotionally, an emotion turning into an act 'against' or a pushing 'against' a person, is hate expressed.

So if someone hates you the: "will they forgive you?" implies you had known their hate, obviously, before, whether or not, you punish them to see if they forgive you now.

[edit on 26-9-2008 by Mabus]

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by jpm1602

You haven't labored to listen to the Hell Freezes Over album, eh?

The worst ever! They charged their fans 100-plus dollars for tickets. They played this album as bumper music at the Gorge, George.

The music was coming out of the bedrock. We were on...some things. And I was crying in agony and laughing at the same time about how horrible the album was. We were there early, obviously, and we walked down and asked them to stop playing the album.

I do not damn him to hell, but I do hate the sound of this voice and his ugly face. Joe Walsh is cool, but that this about it.

Glen Fry is another issue:

www.youtube.com...

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Ok plucky. I now know true hate and evil. Some kind of MOAB should have been dropped over that.

top topics

join