It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BAILOUT?!? I'M not being bailed out. ARE YOU? It ain't rocket science brothers & sisters.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Where was congress when I went bankrupt? I would have much preferred a hundred grand to sure up my finances. Heck I'd even take just a couple grand right now! So, corporations in one of the dirtiest, most ruthless, scam... uh... i mean, profitable businesses in the world need a 700 Billion dollar bailout. If the richest of the rich can't make it with their profit machine businesses, why should we think a small privately owned business can survive in this system? I say pluck 'em! They pluck us without even batting an eye. Heck plucking us is built into their fundamental business practices. ... Now they need bailing out? Pluck that. Let them (and us too) suffer the consequences of their actions (those being foreclosed - probably ought have bought something you could afford - from beginning to end - gamble on refi? gamble on housing market? Just like any gamble, you better be prepared to lose.)

LET 'EM FALL. LET 'EM ALL FALL. THAT'S HOW TRUE LEARNING TAKES PLACE - EXPERIENCE - CLEARLY, ONE DOES NOT LEARN BY BEING BAILED OUT BY THE BIN LADENS EVERY TIME ONE DIGS THEMSELVES INTO A HOLE. WHY ACT RESPONSIBLY IF YOU KNOW YOU'LL GET BAILED OUT? STOP THE CYCLE. LET IT ALL FALL. LET'S FUNCTION AS ONE PEOPLE, WITH ONE GOAL - TO BETTER ALL OUR LIVES. WE DON'T NEED MONEY, WE DON'T NEED POWER (INFLUENCE/CONTROL THAT IS), WE DON'T NEED EXCESS, WE DON'T NEED BANKS, WE DON'T NEED LAWYERS.
HECK IF WE CAN GET WHAT I'M SAYING, WE DON'T EVEN NEED GOVERNMENT.
WE DO NEED TO CONTRIBUTE, WE NEED TO TRY, WE NEED TO GIVE, WE NEED TO RECEIVE, WE NEED EACH OTHER. WHEN THE EXCREMENT HITS THE FAN, DON'T PANIC, DON'T HOARD, DON'T STOP WORKING (MAYBE CHANGE JOBS THOUGH), DON'T SAY NO IF YOU CAN HELP IT, DON'T STEAL, DON'T TAKE, DON'T BE A BUTTFACE. BE COOL, KIND, LOVING, AND GIVING. THAT WAY WE CAN PUT A BUNCH OF MISGUIDED FOOLS OUT OF WORK IN WASHINGTON DC (MOSTLY RICH WHITE FOLKS BY THE WAY - NOT TALKING BOUT THE MISGUIDED FOOLS KILLIN PEOPLE FOR 40 SACKS).

[edit on 9/26/2008 by verbal kint]

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 11:06 AM
link   
You'll be getting bailed out when they hire all those Americans who went bankrupt or having little money as slaves. That's how I seriously am starting to see this nation turn out to be. Because you see, we are the low people we help them two fold so they can help us by simply allowing us the pleasure of eating. Our lives are practically just a small pebble compared to the big boulder companies that they want to keep.

So far MSM has simply thrown out mixed waves, many saying drop, others saying keep; with this in mind and sugar coating it this will seem like a godsend. All I can say is, perhaps it is time for Revolution II, time to take the country back. Even though violent revolutions are deemed unnecessary by many, our words seem to fall on deaf ears and all we seem to receive is an uncaring shrug in return. Well if that's all we are going to get back in return for all the hard work everyone has done, then perhaps it's time we take the country back by any means necessary.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 11:53 AM
link   
I agree with both of you 500%. It's time to stand up and fight this bullchit. Our voices aren't heard, so maybe it's time to speak in other ways. We have the 2nd Amendment for a reason. I think it's high time we go exercising.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Leviatano

perhaps it is. Just typing that makes my heart sink and my stomach turn. I am a practicing believer in non-violence, but I think there comes a time when non-violence stops making sense. I don't think we're there yet, but that point is out there. I pray we never have to reach it, but we must recover our country; sooner than later - we are responsible for our government's actions - like it or not. The number of person's blood on our hands is not certain - maybe for the better, for it is certainly unspeakable.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 11:59 AM
link   
What will you all topple first? the 7-11? The local bank branch?

I hardly see how people can fight in any meaningful way.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by verbal kint

If you are a man (or woman) of God (or any faith for that matter that involves praying) I respect that, but I must say the time for praying and hiding behind it and the various scriptures has come to pass. It seems no matter how hard people try to live in harmony their is bound to be one that seeks to throw it all into disillusion. Now I don't mean we should pick up a gun, run up to the white house and have mass massacre, but rather things similar to Martin Luther King's way of doing it, simply marching in numbers, gaining support from each state that you move through until you reach Washington.

I say this because it seems after having such a cushy life style it seems some Americans have lost the "fight" to keep it cushy. Rather than simply getting up to do anything about it seems that some let it continue while others at least try through a different medium. Perhaps their just needs to be that one spark that ignites the flame within the people to get them up. Something similar to cause the March to Washington or The Revolutionary War (Hoping that our current situation doesn't actually escalate into that.)

As you are a believer in non-violence I am just the same, don't really like to see people get hurt, don't want anymore to die before their time. Just now it seems all the rules seem to be changing from that, hoping that it won't change overnight to mass rioting or what not.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 12:43 PM
link   
So far all the plans and arguements in the government involve robbing the people unwillingly of money and giving it to others. I would like to make another proposal.

.22 caliber ammo costs approximately $0.06 each. So roughly $40 for every member of Congress, The Supreme Court, The Presient, VP and the Cabinet to each have one.

Therefore I say, we as a people, pass the hat around for a small volunterary collection, deliver the collected donations and instruct our elected and appointed leaders to for the first time in their lives to do the honorable and respectable deed for the betterment of the American people and the rest of the world.

I bet we would raise the neeed $40 within nanoseconds of removing the offical collection hat.

[edit on 26-9-2008 by Ahabstar]

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by ben91069
What will you all topple first? the 7-11? The local bank branch?

I hardly see how people can fight in any meaningful way.

You doubts are the greatest obstacle we face. Even though it seems most agree that something must be done, no one can figure what AN EFFECTIVE something might be. Personally, I'm as ready as anyone. On the flip side, I have no interest in killing another human being. Looking back, revolutions that succeed have always been violent. However, every one of those revolutions ultimately failed to maintain the values that initiated the revolt. They ultimately have perpetuated the injustice they sought to defeat. They have run another lap of history. They have lived up to their name, i.e. they REVOLVED. Hopefully most people are aware or becoming aware of the power of language. It is for this reason that I am calling for an American Evolution. Change without killing - because those currently in error are ultimately changed themselves or simply rendered insignificant. Change is not really the answer - The answer is GROWTH. as a people and ultimately as a species and world.

new topics

top topics

join