It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush says bail-out WILL be passed

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Bush says bail-out WILL be passed

news.bbc.co.uk

President George W Bush has said that legislators will "rise to the occasion" and pass the Wall Street rescue plan.

In a statement he said there were still disagreements because "the proposal is big and the reason it's big is because it's a big problem".

President Bush is expected to resume talks with Congressional leaders later on Friday to try to reach an agreement.

He wants to pass a $700bn (£380bn) rescue package to buy mortgage-backed assets from US banks. .....

The intense discussions reportedly saw US Treasury Secretary Henry Paulson literally down on one knee, begging Ms Pelosi to help push through the bail-out package.

(visit the link for the full news article)

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
US agrees to Wall Street bail-out!
Frightening!!!!!! (Draft Bailout Bill)

[edit on 26-9-2008 by baseball101]

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 09:44 AM
link   
It would really be nice if the government would make up their minds if they've made an agreement or not and not keep changing the story ... but for all you non-believers that this isn't going to pass even if some of the Congress doesn't want it to pass it seems that the president has pretty much decided that it's going to happen no matter what

"There is no disagreement that something substantial must be done," he added.
... it's really nice knowing that the leader of the country really cares about what people think about the bail out ... not.

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 26-9-2008 by baseball101]

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by baseball101

He did say he was the "Decider"
God help us all

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Something must be done, and it will be done...by Bush alone. He will claim that since they couldnt come to a desicion, he will.

Also, notice that all the ones that got away with the Golden Parachutes WILL BE GOING WITH THEIR MILLIONS BECAUSE THEY ARE BUSH'S FRIENDS. (Bush) fought for that.

ITs my way, or i will make it my way. Just give it a few days of uncertainty and you will see what happens...

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Call your representatives! I have flooded Senator Brownbacks offices by phone and email since Tuesday. You can't just get mad, you have to take action! It's so easy to find out how to contact your Senators, just google your state plus the word Senator and you get all the info you need. You just have to take two seconds of your time to place the call. Also make sure to tell your representative that you will not be voting for them in any re-election bid should they vote to pass the bill.

By law every message you leave for your representatives must be passed on to them. They ARE getting the messages!

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 10:13 AM
link   
The president does not have a say really he is only doing what he has been told. If this bailout happens it really is the begining of bad things. When I saw them sitting around the table on the news, I nearly got sick at the sight of bush and co sitting there like they have any control over whats happening. They are doing what they are being told to do simple as that. Who's telling them what to do? The rich filthy bankers thats who! Sickening Really Sickening

top topics

join