It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Official Obama- McCain debate thread

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 01:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Spoodily

You're entitled to your view, but I don't think that's how the heartland saw it.

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 01:07 AM
link   
So much for watching the replay on fox. Its 11pm now and they are still replaying the debate... I thought the replay was at 11pm pacific. Yet I turn to it and they are already in the middle of a replay. Now I dont know if they will do another... And I wont watch it from the middle. So heres hoping that I get to see the replay from the beginning. Otherwise... another reason for me to hate FOX news

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 01:08 AM
link   
reply to post by djpaec

downhill for McCain?

That should have happened the day McCain won the primaries.

After 8 yrs of Bush
Failing economy
two wars
spending like no tomorrow
a Bob Dole like Candidate
People ready for change
Corporate America ripping Americans off
jobs going overseas

and you say things will go downhill after the next debate. McCain should have never been in this from the word go. Yet Obama can't separate himself from McComeback. This tells me that there is something fundamentally flaw about Obama character, experience, or record that prevents people from voting for him. And no the racist thing is not the issue. Maybe it's the fact Obama has still yet to define himself or somewhere along that line. When I heard McCain would be nominee, I didn't give him a chance against Hillary or Obama. He reminded me of Bob Dole when he ran against Clinton.

I really think we won't know who wins till after the polls are closed. This contest is just too close to call and I don't think 2 debates and the days remanding are going to separate them too much.

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by wutone
reply to post by djpaec

I noticed that Obama kept making signals to the crowd. Is Michelle running his show or something?

He was signaling the moderator when his bullspit meter went off. He just wanted it known that he would like to make a comment concerning McCain's statements.

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheAgentNineteen
Fox News is a lot more "Fair and Balanced" than the other Networks though. Lol I know you could assume it is nothing more than a cliche, but seriously, where else do you find so many panels, guests, and hosts representing every side of the spectrum? MSNBC used to be Moderate, but now even CNN has bested them in terms of equality. What is the world coming to when CNN is no longer the farthest left Network around?

Do you live on the Bizzaro World? Fox News is as far right as MSNBC is to the left. Ask any Republican what news network they watch, they will tell you 'Fox News!'.

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 01:10 AM
link   
reply to post by loam

The heartland is not too bright either. Hopefully most won't be able to vote do to methamphetamine charges.

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 01:11 AM
link   
reply to post by wutone

Well first off McCain says Foreign policy is his strongest suit. He's the one that was telling Bush we needed more Troops in Iraq since 2005-2006(I forget when).

I could have nailed McCain for a few. He mentioned studying the DNA of a animal in Montana. Palin requested the same thing for her state. There were a few others, but I'd have to watch the debate again to remember 'em.

Also obama let McCain bate him and frame the issue during the economic part. Like I said if Obama learns from his mistakes, the debate on economics should be Obama's easily, and thanks to the last few weeks Economics is center stage.

[edit on 27-9-2008 by djpaec]

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by djpaec
reply to post by loam

Are you serious? My whole point is Foreign Policy is supposed to be John McCains strongest subject. And both managed to get the other flustered, although I admit McCain barely won. With the last debate about the Economy, if Obama can sell people on his tax the rich plan he'll have it locked up.

Actually I truly believe that McCain would have hit a Grand Slam if the Economy had not been the Topic of Discussion for the past seven days. Obama truly had the upper-hand for the first 20 Minutes of the debate or so, but McCain took it from there and actually did very well. Obama was kept on the defensive side for the rest of the debate. The part that caught my eye however, was how the opposite occurred of what many viewers expected. Senator Obama actually lost his cool, and began constantly interrupting Senator McCain, waving his fingers at the audience, and ad-libbing scoffs and yays or nays. Senator McCain actually had some clever and humorous remarks, and because of that received more crowd-based reactions. I really have to give this debate to Senator McCain.

I did want McCain to explain the Republican Alternate Plan [House Republicans Float Alternate Plan] in regards to the "Bail-Out", and a few other items, but he still did not disappoint. His mentioning of the 1992 Afghanistan pull-out was an issue I have been discussing for years now, and I was glad to hear him finally bring it up.

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 01:14 AM
link   
Check that, CSPAN is doing a replay now. Im not sure how far along it is, but its still talking about the financial crisis. And I believe that was the first 20 or so minutes, correct?

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 01:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Spoodily

I can see why there are such polar extremes in this country...

And you're for the 'change' candidate?

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by bknapple32
Check that, CSPAN is doing a replay now. Im not sure how far along it is, but its still talking about the financial crisis. And I believe that was the first 20 or so minutes, correct?

That is correct. That is the part during which Obama really had control of the reigns. It is kind of a shame that they had to even delve into Economics during this Foreign Policy forum. I believe the next debate will be an Economic forum anyways.

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 01:20 AM
link   
reply to post by loam

I'm for the guy who actually says something when he talks. I hear things that concern me coming more from one candidate than the other most definately.

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 01:20 AM
link   
reply to post by TheAgentNineteen

Funny, Im watching from my timeline here... And they are still talking about taxes and I thought McCain is owning him on Gov spending and earmarks. Which I think are looming over Obama's points on taxing the upper 5%.

To me this argument doesnt work for dems... How much did they try it in 2000 with gore and again in 04 with kerry. This tax argument ( while I think is factually sound) doesnt work on the people.

Ill try to add more , the more I watch, sorry. Im still at minute 20 with this debate.

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 01:23 AM
link   
reply to post by TheAgentNineteen

I believe they should have injected economics only as far as it dealt with the foreign affair. Such as how we will pay for the war or the money we give to other countries. Really played to Obama's advantage and for the most part neither came out a winner there cause I feel they went around the question or didn't provide specifics.

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 01:24 AM
link   
Ugh I cant take this whistle s from mccain..... No big deal though.... On just observation with the sound down Obama keeps trying to make eye contact and McCain looks to be avoidant. McCains smirks are starting to resemble Bush's absolutely annoying smirks from 04.

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 01:27 AM
link   
What showed me that neither has a grip on terrorism is when they were asked if they thought we were safe from another terrorist attack on US soil to which they both seemed to be under the impression that we were. Maybe they haven't read any inteligence reports lately!

HomelandSecurityUS.com

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by JaxonRoberts
What showed me that neither has a grip on terrorism is when they were asked if they thought we were safe from another terrorist attack on US soil to which they both seemed to be under the impression that we were. Maybe they haven't read any inteligence reports lately!

HomelandSecurityUS.com

Well I can answer that from the point of view of about 40% of us.... They arent scared of another terrorist attack because the first one on 9/11 was a sham, as is the war on terror....

just a thought

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 01:30 AM
link   
reply to post by bknapple32

Talking taxing the rich works good in theory. But the rich always finds ways around it. In addition the rich are the ones doing the investing in businesses which helps create jobs for ordinary people. If they feel they are being treated unfairly for their success what's to hold them back from going elsewhere. Their bottom line is making money. I think if government ever get back to enforcing laws and collecting fines like they should they could collect a hell of a lot money. On illegal aliens alone it was supposed to be $10,000 per head.. Think they increased it since 1986. Add in all the other governmental regulations these companies break on a daily basis.

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 01:32 AM
link   
reply to post by bknapple32

I'll buy into 'the government let it happen', but not that they were behind it. I do believe they knew it was coming, did absolutely nothing to stop it, and used it to their advantage, but these fundamental islamic groups do really hate us, and to think otherwise is not wise.

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 01:32 AM
link   
Whoa, just heard .. spending freeze except for defense and care for vets from mccain..... cmon, no one takes that seriously do they?

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join