It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Gov't is TRYING to BK us! BUT we keep TAKIN the PUNCHES!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 09:01 AM
link   
As a people, we may be fat & stupid, but not all of us. And one thing for sure, we're tough.
9/11 and the WTC demolitions were thought to be enough to initiate the collapse. We took it like a champ; as if we had tripped on a crack in the sidewalk.
They were ready for that though. So they pulled out the heavy artillery. The FINISHER. The war in Iraq. Surely the ridiculous expenditure will collapse the economy within a year, maybe two. 6 years later (right?), here we are... Bush's second term is coming to an end and we're still standing. When they didn't see the expected "returns" from the war, they started preparing the sub-prime uppercut and here we are... the 700 billion dollar "bailout". To what ends you might ask? Centralization of power of course. Surely I need not spell out the police state, national/world bank, etc...
Obviously, not EVERY politician is in "the club" as Carlin would refer to it. And now it seems that the "out" politicians might screw up their plans, or at least water them down enough that the US citizens may once again be left standing - dazed but not dropped.
-v

Your comments inspired me. How do we swing back at 'em without playing into their hands?

[edit on 9/26/2008 by verbal kint]

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 09:24 AM
link   
My stomach is already queasy. Your are the kick in the gut to make my dinner come back up. You stated this perfectly!!!!

What do we do now??????????????????????
?????????????????????????????????????????

What can we do?????????????????????????
????????????????????????????????????????

I'm just a little guy from a small town, and I'm feeling this slap in the face these people we have elected are dishing out to us around every corner of this maze, while they keep finding ways to run this country into the ground while making/stealing more of our money

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 09:56 AM
link   
I'm beginning to wonder, like you, if they aren't going "WTF?!" and wondering why we don't have mass riots so they can institute martial law already.

One thing is for certain. The longer the pressure builds, the larger the explosion when it finally does happen.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 09:56 AM
link   
One small thing we can do is flag thread and star posts that point to the extortion of the US goverment by the FED.

I agree to a point with angry red eye from Vegas (verbal) and we need to all stand together here on ATS.

As one poster said if we can not stand together on ATS (very minor thing) then we will not be able to stand together at a Town Hall meeting and it means they have won.

So star and flag this thread.

PS visit my thread to view comments just made live on CNBCwww.abovetopsecret.com...'

[edit on 26-9-2008 by whiteraven]

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 10:38 AM
link   
i believe the stock mkt people are telling those that have investments not to sell and create a panic because they are sucking out all the money they can until the collapse and then there will be no money.

i really don't think the money is there anyway.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by whiteraven

As one poster said if we can not stand together on ATS (very minor thing) then we will not be able to stand together at a Town Hall meeting and it means they have won.
[edit on 26-9-2008 by whiteraven]

We must, indeed, all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately.
Benjamin Franklin

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by musselwhite
i believe the stock mkt people are telling those that have investments not to sell and create a panic because they are sucking out all the money they can until the collapse and then there will be no money.

i really don't think the money is there anyway.

You're probably right. It reminds me of 9/11. Bush came out and called on the american people to hang in and not sell off their stock. for the good of the country. well, my father, being a straight forward, honest, american man, saw the reasoning behind what bush was saying and hung in. ...while all the major investors bailed out. My dad lost between half and three quarters of his retirement savings. which basically could never be recouped - when youre in your late 60's and you take a hit like that, you can't gamble with what you have left cause if it goes, you don't have time to earn anything back.

Im sure there were quite a few honest, naive investors who suffered the same fate. If the big guys are saying,
"NO! Please don't leave!!!!!"
and/or evoking Patriotic themes.
It's because they want to leave first and/or
They are doing something very unAmerican.
-v

So as not to "one liner" - to the following post: "Burger King" of course.

and if you simply haven't come across the usage before, BK
is sometimes used in place of "bankrupt".

[edit on 9/26/2008 by verbal kint]

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by verbal kint

BK?

Burger King us?

Bull Krap us? A misspelling?

plucky is confused.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Aaaahhhh... just got this point... I'm not exactly the most savvy economist.
I have spoken elsewhere and it has been eluded to in the media that down the road, the government, once the housing market recovers, will likely be able to sell all the toxic mortgages at a profit. Possibly even a substantial one...

...aaaahhhh, ... ...NO...

It is no secret that one of the various circus animals (along with the elephant) sitting in the living room is the fact that we don't HAVE $700 billion.

So how are we gonna get it?

At least one person will answer, "We'll just print the money, though it will devalue the dollar some."

And one more time! ......

See, we don't print our own money. By a shear stroke of genius, we allocate that task to a private entity, (...drum roll...), The Federal Reserve.
You see, that way, when we need to print ridiculous amounts of money, not only do we devalue the dollar, but the government has to "borrow" it from the Fed (rather than printing the money itself for free) AND then the Gov't, in it's infinite wisdom, pays interest on it! Do you realize how much the interest will be each "billing period" lol on $700 billion dollars?!?!?!

So the answer to the possibility of ultimately turning a profit on the bailout is...

it's the GRAND FINALE!!!!!

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 08:59 AM
link   

another point of interest. all the financial institutions include, but not limited to:

“financial institution” means— (A) an insured bank (as defined in section 3(h) of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act (12 U.S.C. 1813 (h))); (B) a commercial bank or trust company; (C) a private banker; (D) an agency or branch of a foreign bank in the United States; (E) any credit union; (F) a thrift institution; (G) a broker or dealer registered with the Securities and Exchange Commission under the Securities Exchange Act of 1934 (15 U.S.C. 78a et seq.); (H) a broker or dealer in securities or commodities; (I) an investment banker or investment company; (J) a currency exchange; (K) an issuer, redeemer, or cashier of travelers’ checks, checks, money orders, or similar instruments; (L) an operator of a credit card system; (M) an insurance company; (N) a dealer in precious metals, stones, or jewels; (O) a pawnbroker; (P) a loan or finance company; (Q) a travel agency;
www4.law.cornell.edu...

and the list goes on; however, my point is they are also bilking the public. think about all the insurance companies selling insurance - do you think after the collapse there will be any coverage? no

all the commercials on tv offering cash for your old gold. old gold?????? since when is gold old?

the high price of gas is just another form of taxation and we continue to pay it................excepting myself. i elected not to drive due to the high cost of operation. thankfully, i have a friend and town is just 3 miles away and i can walk to the convenience store.

and, i have no where to go, that helps.

[edit on 27-9-2008 by musselwhite]

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by pluckynoonez

Maybe he means

Batt Fack

as in "bending over".

I don't know, but he's right.

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by enigmania

it appears that some are already bent over but WE the american people can take it standing up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ouch!

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by musselwhite

You know it musselwhite! It's called SKILLS & DEEP RELAXATION (must be one of the perks of being fat and lazy i guess?)

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 08:41 AM
link   

so funny!!!!!!!!!! we think alike. is there a book out on those skills and relaxation? if so, other than the book, is there something that might aid in the big screw from the government; ya know, ky (no not kentucky) maybe????? or is is just soothing words like "everything is alright" it may hurt now but later you will get used to it. got to be it. its the words of our government that tell us the pain will go away eventually.

here is the perfect "screwing the country" video link: www.break.com...

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 03:59 PM
link   
MUSSEL - Supposedly, if you push a little against the offending object, it helps line you up or something. and really, if you can just get george to spit on it, it should be enough to keep tearing to a minimum. Lastly, avoid Cheney at all costs! I mean, its the dude's name and when you look like him, you don't get to be that large of a cocky !@#$% if your department is underfunded. Yeah, Cheney will leave you unable to walk for a week - and he won't even say Thank you.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 07:12 AM
link   

i'm a little confused on the "congress said no to bailout" of 700b but did they not agree on 250b (giving us a stake in the company - ha ha ha ha), 2 oversight committee, etc. i do understand they said no to 700b but what about the agreed upon 250b?

go to check on this. all over the news no to bailout but was it really? will get back to ya on this one.

new topics

top topics

join