It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Palin's Bush-like Interview: Foreign Affairs Is Good v. Evil

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Palin's Bush-like Interview: Foreign Affairs Is Good v. Evil

www.huffingtonpost.com

"We don't have to second-guess what [Israel's] efforts would be if they believe that it is in their country and their allies, including us, all of our best interests to fight against a regime, especially Iran, who would seek to wipe them off the face of the earth," Palin said when asked - playing off an earlier interview - whether the United States should ever second-guess Israeli policy. "It is obvious to me who the good guys are in this one and who the bad guys are. The bad guys are the ones who say Israel is a stinking corpse and should be wiped off the face of the earth. That's not a good guy who is saying that. Now, one who would seek to protect the good guys in this, the leaders of Israel and her friends, her allies, including the United States. In my world, those are the good guys."

(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod Edit: Breaking News Forum Submission Guidelines – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 26/9/2008 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 08:46 AM
link   
RIGHT!!!

Do we really need or want someone with such simplistic views on world affairs anywhere near the reigns of power? We have already suffered through C average student's take on international relations over the past 8 years and we do not need anymore of this type of idiotic, infantile bullhooey.

The world is a complex place and we need leaders who understand that as opposed to someone whose world views are boiled down to good/bad black or white.

www.huffingtonpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod Edit: Breaking News Forum Submission Guidelines – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 26/9/2008 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 08:54 AM
link   
You know grover, usually I agree with you. But on this I am not so sure...sort of. I do agree that there is not need for another uneducated person with a stunted world view. The problem I have though is that I am not too sure if that is what this is. I have been noticing a trend over the last few weeks and it scares me. Not one of the 4 have been saying anything with substance. It is all regurgitated MSM topics rehashed in soundbite form.

I was really looking forward to tonight to hear both McCain and Obama spend a couple of hours giving us some substance. Whether that happens or not is still up in the air though.

Although I will say I am tired of listening to Palin and her "Momsy" take on things. She reminds of one of those "on the street" interviews that news shows do. You know the ones where they ask normal people what they think of current events. She needs to drop it and start talking like someone who actually forms their own thought process instead of letting CNN or FOX form it for her.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Rook1545

That really is part of the problem our leaders are either idiots or they treat us like idiots... either way I am personally sick of both. I want to hear nuanced well considered opinions from our so-called leaders, even if I don't agree with them and I have heard nothing from Palin that even hints at the notion that she either has a clue or could give an intelligent well considered answer.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 09:06 AM
link   
It would almost be better if the choices were Kodos or Kang. At least those two guys were straight up about what they were planning.

On a more serious note...When is the VP debate? I think they should bring in a new format. The tag-team. Moderator asks a question then the one on either side that can answer it does. Show us what kind of TEAM we are getting. Since Cheney showed us that the VP does not just sit on the sidelines cheerleading, I think it would be beneficial to see how these 2 groups would do as a team. In 1on1s all you see is how one half the team thinks. I like this idea, I should pitch it to FOX, they like this kind of stuff.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 09:13 AM
link   

The last I heard is that the McCain camp suggested that the VP debate, scheduled for next week be postponed as well and considering how bad Palin did with Katie Couric, who is not exactly known for throwing hard balls, they would probably like to postpone that debate indefinately.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by grover

I personally could care less about either candidate, but I do fail to see how people can blindly defend these people. What does that tell the people if they are afraid to let to let their VP candidate share their thoughts on the issue?

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 09:48 AM
link   

What does that tell the people if they are afraid to let to let their VP candidate share their thoughts on the issue?

My thoughts.....uuuuhhhhh.....I don't know, let me find em' and I'll bring you some.

Well, if you were the McCain campaign......you would be smart. There really is no need for a debate between the VP picks, she is going to be made to look pretty dumb by a long shot(and it will be terribly easy).

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Grafilthy

What does that tell the people if they are afraid to let to let their VP candidate share their thoughts on the issue?

My thoughts.....uuuuhhhhh.....I don't know, let me find em' and I'll bring you some.

Well, if you were the McCain campaign......you would be smart. There really is no need for a debate between the VP picks, she is going to be made to look pretty dumb by a long shot(and it will be terribly easy).

Which makes me wonder why they would pick her other than the fact that she is female. Not to be derogatory, but if she can't hold her own, why is she there? Hillary showed she could hold her own in the leadership debates, I am sure there is any number of other candidates that could have as well. Why could the GOP not have gone with substance over style?

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 09:53 AM
link   
These interview are more like a ballet or dance recital ..

Nothing but dancing around the issues . What a sad state of affairs ..

Pic related

[edit on 26-9-2008 by d11_m_na_c05]

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Because she is a woman, has an attractive face, is easily molded, has fundamentalist views, appeals to conservatives and Christians because of those views (where McCain did not), she will not buck the well established system and because she is so gosh darn honored to have been asked she will bend over backwards and do flip flops if they ask.

I am a woman and I approve this message.

new topics

top topics

join