It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Epistemology

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Epistemology

plato.stanford.edu

Defined narrowly, epistemology is the study of knowledge and justified belief. As the study of knowledge, epistemology is concerned with the following questions: What are the necessary and sufficient conditions of knowledge? What are its sources? What is its structure, and what are its limits? As the study of justified belief, epistemology aims to answer questions such as: How we are to understand the concept of justification? What makes justified beliefs justified?
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.worldnetdaily.com
curezone.com
the-red-thread.net
news.bio-medicine.org

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 08:42 AM
link   
It was not so long ago that people beleived that the Earth was flat and that nothing could travel faster than a horse and thanks to a little known theory called Epistemology intelligent people are no longer ridiculed or treated as mentally ill.

Plato was a man way ahead of his time or was he ?

Through Science and the Arts we have managed to awaken to new concepts and idea's but whats next for Epistemology ?

Its such a simple theory that I find it difficult to understand why it is not taught in standard schools. Maybe Pink Floyd were right "we don't need no education, we don't need no thought control"

Questions I often ask myself which would challenge Epistemology are things like did man really climb out of the tree's to sell cr*p to each other for soon to be worthless pieces of paper ? or is someone trying to make monkeys out of us ?

Also if Man has been walking on this Planet for as long as we are being led to believe then why does the population figures not add up ? Is this really the first time there has been approx 6 billion people on the planet ? Could this explains lost and forgotten civilisations ?

Is Oil really a Fossil Fuel ? The fact that "Fossil Fuels" have been found on Titan (Saturns moon) contridicts this.

And Religion what is it really ? Is it just an ignorant mans way to explain science. Pope Pius X once said "it was served us well this myth of Christ".

So when a Priest says "abracadabra" over some water is he tring to make H2o2, because thats not the way to do it. The Vatican should know how to make H2o2 they are major shareholders in Pharmacuetical companies.

And then we have this suppossed blood of Christ, bloodline to the Elohiym. Many people beleive we have been visited by ET's. We've learned from Hernando Cortez that any advanced civilisation would be treated as Gods is this true of our ET vistitors.

Elohiym backwards my-i-hole, symbolised by the Eye in the Pyramid.

Both the Mayans and Pharoahs were found to be Rhesus Negative, a genetic mutation of unknown origins, a mutation that has happened on 2 continents.

JFK, Princess Di, John Lennon, Witch Hunts, hemophyliacs given HIV infected blood. Is there a reasonable explanation why so many Rhesus Negative people are so paranoid they are locked up, or is it a simple case of epistemology.

plato.stanford.edu
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 10:19 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 07:32 AM
link   
I'm not sure where this thread is going to be honest, but I will add what I think you are looking for, but if I'm wrong, please correst me. I think you are looking to justify why different people believe different things, aswell as who is right? or in which way we could travel down the 'right road'?

I have been trying for the past couple of months to understand this, how are we to ever know what is 'truth'? to me it is totally subjective to your perception or belief of the world, what I consider true, another wouldn't consider truth, we have science theorizing and 'proving' truth, yet more often than not, these truths turn out to be mistakes, or misinterprtations, aswell as true, but not quite explained/expressed properly. We throw around 'knowlege' as if we understand how everything works, we are arrogant in our discoveries and our advancement, what one considers knowledge, the other may consider ignorance, and vice versa.

We spend our time arguing over who is right, without entertaining the possibility we are both/all wrong, which, IMO, is the most likely, how wrong, is another matter.

I'd like to go on, but I may have totally missed the point of what you were looking for, lol.

EMM

[edit on 27-9-2008 by ElectroMagnetic Multivers]

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 07:55 AM
link   
I guess it means that the "visionairies" and "great minds" of a given era, always have to fight the current paradigm of that era, and are ridiculed and just not believed by their peers.

Throughout history, a lot of these "visionairies" have been proven to be right after a period of time, and their ideas get commonly accepted.

But still, to this day, people seem to put these lessons aside, and the "great minds" are still ridiculed and not taken seriously when they think outside the box.

You'd think we would've have learned by now, but no.

I guess it's just one of the mechanics put in place to keep us from taking big leaps forward.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 05:08 AM
link   
"The world loves a liar and will crucify a man for telling the truth"

If you want answers to conspiracies then look towards the roots....

Where did it all begin ?

Why did we start using the Greogorian Calender 20 years after the death of Nostradamus ?

Why was St Peter not in the last supper painting, he did become the first Pope. (some one will tell me that he's next to Jesus, i'll inform you now you are wrong)

The world is an illusion for one simple reason, a big cover up about 2000 years ago. If you lie to the public you create a false reality where the public become brainwashed and detached from reality and really have no idea.

The lie has had a devastating effect on mankind and to such an extent that the public are now nothing more than slaves.

"There are non so enslaved than those who truly believe they are free" Goethe

But if we have been sold a lie then surely the truth should be somewhere, then I would say open your eyes the signs are everywhere.

uk.youtube.com...

An almost perfect plan to enslave the human race and lie about their origins, except one group of people can see through the deception.

www.eurekalert.org...

But who would believe them ?

All those crazy people go on about is the Bible and Aliens.

They have the bloodline to the Tribe of Dann.

www.burlingtonnews.net...

The Tribe of Dann were exiled from Israel before coming to England (Brit-ish = Jewish Men (Hebrew)). The Welsh flag is Red for Blood and Dragon for Draconian often refered to as the Devil (Draconian Devil anagram Leonardo Da Vinci).

The Witch Hunts were a culling of the bloodline, which never succeeded, but you will find that any person that died in suspicious circumstances, some famous and some not so famous all had the same bloodgroup.

www.projectcamelot.org...

Was Hitler a Jew by blood ? that would explain a lot about his hatred toward the race and also his interest in the mentally ill and archeology.

He was doing quite well until he went for the Persian Gulf.

www.exopolitics.org...

I would love to tell you more, but it would be more like a book that I really dont want to write. If you know how to use google then you can find out anything.

The Internet is like the the human brain, most people only use 10%

"There is nothing covered that shall not be revealed" Mathew 10:26

I will leave you with some lyrics by the Sex Pistols

God Save the Queen-

God save the queen her fascist regime
It made you a moron a potential h bomb !

God save the queen she aint no human being
There is no future in englands dreaming

Dont be told what you want dont be told what you need
Theres no future no future no future for you

God save the queen we mean it man (God save window leen)
We love our queen God saves (God save... human beings)

God save the queen cos tourists are money
And our figurehead is not what she seems
Oh God save history God save your mad parade
Oh lord God have mercy all crimes are paid

When theres no future how can there be sin
Were the flowers in the dustbin
Were the poison in your human machine
Were the future your future

God save the queen we mean it man
There is no future in englands dreaming

No future for you no future for me
No future no future for you

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 06:38 AM
link   
There are some phrase I hear often that I absolutely despise. They are:

1. I can't do it.

2 It's not possible.

3. It will never happen.

4. Not in my lifetime.

5 That does not seem logical/reasonable.

6. It can't be.

I don't like to hear these phrases and never allow myself to think something is never possible. Let your mind wonder and wander. Nothing is constant. In some way or another everything in our world is changing every minute of every day. We must free our minds and allow our brains to think beyond what is reasonable or logical.

Yes you can do it if you really want to.

Anything is possible.

Why not in your lifetime?

Many discoveries are not logical.

Why can't your ideas be a reality?

Negative thinking never makes things happen in a positive way. Why limit our discoveries because we think an idea is not possible.

Humans have become non thinkers. We accept what we see or have heard in the past as the truth never to be questioned.

We have become intellectual snobs. We believe we know it all. This is such an ignorant attitude. More books could be written of what we don't know than what we have learned in man's short time on this earth.

Stop the mind from thinking and it becomes stagnant. Let it go and it flows like a river making new discoveries along it's journey.

top topics

join