It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Poland Introduced Chemical Castration for Paedophiles

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Poland Introduced Chemical Castration for Paedophiles

www.telegraph.co.uk...

The method involves giving convicted paedophiles drugs which take away their sexual urges.
Calls for the introduction of chemical castration have arisen following a recent incest case that shocked the country.
In a story reminiscent of that of Josef Fritzl, a 45-year-old man was arrested in Poland a fortnight ago accused of fathering two children by his young daughter.
Polish prime minister Donald Tusk unveiled the legislation after being angered by the revelations.
(visit the link for the full news article)

====
Mod Edit: Fixed headline, link

[edit on 26/9/2008 by Badge01]

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 08:04 AM
link   
I find this amazing, finally a country in the EU has the balls [pun intended] to stand up the stupid human rights laws in this world.

Although I'm all for this it does raise some questions of what happens if the conviction is false, i know for a fact this probably won't come to pass in the long run but it is a good poke at brussels.

[url=http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/poland/3084770/Poland-to-enforce-chemical-castration-of-paedophiles.html]www.telegraph.co.uk[/ur l]
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 08:05 AM
link   
reply to post by spitefulgod

Humm nice url parsing.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Iran has the right idea

Hang the **SNIP**

Poland has taken 1 step in the right direction - maybe one day the rest of the planet will catch up

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 26-9-2008 by Crakeur]

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Good.

One word would have sufficed, if not for the silly 1 line rule

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Is there any chance the OP can amend their title on this thread? It's a bit misleading. The Telegraph actually gives a header of "Poland to enforce chemical castration of paedophiles".

As your thread stands, the misquoted title and the small selected quote suggests physical castration rather than chemical castration, which raises completely different concerns.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Chemical castration is the right idea. This would be a major leap in stoping this from happening in the first place.

Ps. Spitefulgod, love the Haruhi image. So hard to find good ones...

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 08:30 AM
link   
We should do the same here in the U.S. Except it shouldn't be chemical. It should be more of a stump, hatchet, and hot iron kind of affair. These people showed no decency to their victims, we'll give them the same in return.

[edit on 26-9-2008 by DeadFlagBlues]

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 08:32 AM
link   
I would be behind 100000000% . But only in situations that are able to be proved 100% beyond ANY doubt. Like cases where they video taped ect.

They will have to be very careful not to do this to anyone innocent.

I think just knowing this could happen could curve most potential molesters from doing it . Or it could just drive them underground and encourage them to kill their victims instead of releasing them like allot do .

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Let's keep the profanity and calls for physical mayhem and other overly-emotional replies in check, please.

Please review these links:
Vulgarity

Members attempting to bypass the censors with "Cu#se" style words or "Cvrse" style alternate spellings will receive a warning and ATS points deduction.

Sexually oriented comments

1b.) Profanity: You will not use profanity in our forums, and will neither post with language or content that is obscene, sexually oriented, or sexually suggestive nor link to sites that contain such content.

You are free to use the 'Alert' hotspot to send a message to the Staff if you have additional concerns.

Thanks for your attention to this:

Badge01
Forum Moderator

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 05:36 PM
link   
oh boy.. if they do this in some countrys I guess there would not be many priests left with their crown jewels intact...

I am all for human rights, but for paedophiles I gladly make an exception.

Their actions undermine the lives of our children, our future. They're a pest, a poison, I can go on for an hour but you get the idea..

I'm against the death penalty in most cases but these freaks deserve everything that's coming to them, and then some!

But, as someone pointed out, they better have some darn good proof.

It's not like they can re-instate those cojones once they're out of order.. and if you're innocent and this happens, the stigma in the papers alone is enough to destroy the person's life, repair money would be skyhigh.. and still be lacking..

Offcourse, it's a step up from having been sentenced to death and then being found innocent some years after you bought the farm..

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by spitefulgod

This is old news.

I don't remember what channel it was but I remember it was about six years ago sex offenders were being experimented on in prisons with this.
I say it's a great idea.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Anyone stop to think that a child-molester might actually want to have something like this done, to keep them from offending again? The reason I ask is because I had a regular customer in my store a few years ago who took medicine that killed his sex drive. It was a part of his parole agreement, but he had to pay for it. He panicked when he lost his job and could no longer afford it. He was literally crying, saying, "You don't understand, I need this medicine," the day before he re-offended.

new topics

top topics

join