It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

May Day Mystery

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Anybody heard about that mystery ?It seems to be some kind of puzzle that is running for 20 years already.

Kind of hard to explain as I just found out about it a few min ago , so I'll just paste a small paragraph from one of the many sites that try to solve this mystery.

"The solution to solving the puzzle lies within unraveling a series of complex, detailed, and interwoven pages that are printed every May 1st in the Arizona Daily Wildcat, the student run newspaper on the University of Arizona Campus. "

From what I read on the site , nobody knows who makes this ads and to what purpose , only that they have been going on for 20 years already.

Well if anybody wants to try their skills in investigating here is a link to one of the websites that tries to explain how the whole thing works and whats it all about

www.maydaymystery.org...

PS: Tried searching on ats but could not get any hits , if it has been already talked about then I apologize

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Yes I have seen this before. I am not sure if it was here on ATS or I found it somewhere else. I read most of the emails but I couldn't make much sense of it. Very intriguing though

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Wow. That's convoluted and awesome.

I wonder if there are any subscribers to this rag... As in people who have subscriptions and have had for over 20 years. Maybe we could track down who these messages are for via that route.

I mean, if the messages are for someone, they must be for certain subscribers - else the recipients would have to ensure they picked up the publication regularly. (Seems some messages give dates to expect another message, but many don't.)

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Funnily enough, not only is this one of my favourite conspiracies, I mentioned it earlier today in the 'Debbiewins' thread..

I've always been genuinely surprised that there's not a lot more of the Mayday works on this site or other sites for that matter. I think only the Fortean Times forum has really given the conspiracy any really coverage. There's a lot of material to work with and much of it is genuinely thought-provoking and engaging.

One of the best things about Mayday Mysteries is that, even if it is an elaborate hoax, it's such a stunning piece of work that it doesn't really matter. It really does put other hoaxers to shame, whether it's the 'hit and run' poster type or the ones that think they're putting genuine effort and thought into their scam (bigfoots, ghosts, UFOs, whatever). Even if the Mayday Mysteries are the worst imaginable manifestation and expression of an Illuminati/NWO/Reptilian presence, I don't really care.

new topics

top topics

join