It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did You know They Are Remaking SURVIVORS

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 06:01 AM
link   
Did you know the BBC are remaking the TV Series first shown in the 1970s called survivors by Terry Nation ( inventor of Dr who and the daleks). This ground breaking series was the ispiration back then for many brits to become survivalists.

The new series is to be broadcast this autumn and apparently is to have a more optomistic approach to the story than the original which often left people fealing miserable and hopless.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Hmm, I heard this was getting a re-make, it's just what's needed.

All that's needed now is Blakes 7 to be re-made. Cause believe me, that was THE anti-establishment sci-fi.

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 04:14 AM
link   
reply to post by WatchRider

I would to to see them remake stuff like Doomwatch, and remake John Christophers book No Blade Of Grass, but Survivors has a huge following with multiple web sites for its fans. If they do it right and with passion rather than just produce the normal politically correct multi cultural, multi sexual drivel the BBC now make it could give British Survivalism a major boost. That mini series THE LAST TRAIN could have been so much more but the BBc stuuck to its old formula of The goodies hate guns and violence , The cast always includes a broad scot,yorkshireman and landaner, a black dude or dudette, an asian lad or lass, and for some reason best known to the BBC usually a lesbian for good measure ( like Dr Who). I'll wager a tenner that the cast will follow this same format pretty closely. Mind you it is a change from BBC productions of the 1970s like Survivors and Doomwatch where the goodies are always well spoken middle class types, and the baddies working class geordies, scousers and cockneys.

join