It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it safe to drink ones own urine?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2003 @ 12:52 PM
link   
I have seen some intersting things over the years but this one that I found the other day got my attention. It is the first book at the top of the page on this link.

www.nexusmagazine.com...

Personaly I do not recomed that anyone try this.

God Help Us Sinfull Children of the new rome.

Falcon

posted on Jan, 13 2003 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Falcon, urine = poison !

posted on Jan, 13 2003 @ 01:07 PM
link   
From what i know Indians drank their own urine, Ghandi did it. I doubt that it will kill you UP.

posted on Jan, 13 2003 @ 01:08 PM
link   
I didn't look at the link but I think I heard that you may drink 'morning urine' (free translated), the water you urinate when you awake in the morning.

I haven't tried it....yet?

posted on Jan, 13 2003 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Is there a shortage of water...Nobody bothered to tell me...But I believe it is safe if you distill it.
Would have to be very thirsty to try though.

posted on Jan, 13 2003 @ 01:30 PM
link   
UP is correct though, as of course, there's a reason your body gets rid of it. It uses the water to wash out toxins in your system. The water in urine is still water, but you'd also be drinking in the toxins again too...(not even mentioning the taste factor). So, if you really had to, you could do it, but it isn't good for you. If properly purified, you'd never know it though. (take my advice, don't look into how sewage plants work...sometimes, ignorance really is bliss). In fact, NASA has used urine purification as part of it's research into prolonged spaceflight.

posted on Jan, 13 2003 @ 01:49 PM
link   
I have read somewhere (though I can't remember where) that you can "recycle" your urine for up to three days before it becomes toxic enough to actually kill you.

posted on Jan, 13 2003 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Yeah its called a Budweiser

posted on Jan, 13 2003 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by JediMaster

Ghandi did it. I doubt that it will kill you UP.

It will not kill me ? I don't know if it will kill me or not, but I know that I don't want to look like him !

urine = poison. Ask to your doc'.

P.S : One more time, Netchicken did a great post who will stay in the ATS records.

Do not change NC, stay like you are.

posted on Jan, 13 2003 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Give Ghandi some big black glossy almond-shaped eyes, and guess who he looks like!!!???

posted on Jan, 13 2003 @ 04:18 PM
link   
I think we've been through this before, only the American budweiser is urine.

They used to purify their own urine on the Mir space station to save taking up space by storing fresh water

posted on Jan, 13 2003 @ 04:46 PM
link   
after eating mushrooms, the Shamans would drink their own urine to process the '___' again. They would do this for days on end...

posted on Jan, 13 2003 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by ultra_phoenix
Falcon, urine = poison !

Wrong ...

Urine is great first aid in case of accident to clean and disinfect damaged skin and is far better than anything else as is perfectly compatible with you immune system. It is sometimes very important to know that to survive� Urine can be used both internally and externally even on open wound.
In TCM/Ayurveda urine is treated as one of essential medicines. Cosmetic industry use urine as a softening / hydrating component (check labels on more expensive products for urea).
All toxic substances from the blood stream are eliminated as you sweating � that is why that is important to take sauna bath sometimes and clean your skin carefully. And that is why deodorants with anti-perspirant components killing you softly.

More...

posted on Jan, 13 2003 @ 07:53 PM
link   
What it comes down to is the level of consumption. If that is the only liquid you drink, then your kdney's will eventually shut down. Only prolonged exposure would cause damage.

As for Kronos's article, it seems a bit dubious.

posted on Jan, 13 2003 @ 08:57 PM
link   
urine is bad cause its all your bodies waste and since its acidic it'd just burn the inside of your esphogus

posted on Jan, 13 2003 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Urine is poison, you die. You need to get rid of the Ketones in the blood that's what kidneys are for. If you do not get rid of them you can die.

posted on Jan, 14 2003 @ 11:38 AM
link   
National Geographic has a series called "Taboo", which is currently airing in the UK. In one episode an American Indian Shaman from New Mexico not only drinks his own urine daily, but prescribes it as a form on therapy for his clients. The programme showed him and one patient drinking thier own urine, but the female client had to get past her revulsion and introjections about doing that.

Ancient Persian religious belief centred around Zoroastrianism, part of this cults regular practice was to use hallucinogenic drinks called Kaoma, made from the Amanita Mascaria mushroom. The very early Indian religious groups also used this hallucinogenic mushroom to make a fluid called Soma. The mushrooms were consumed and the mind-affecting chemicals would pass into the urine, and then be re-cycled into the �Sacred Drink�.

I suppose this is a subjective issue, unless one's life depends on doing it to survive. If American Budweiser is considered "piss", then I qualify because I rather enjoy good ole Bud. I have yet to try the European variety of Budweiser, but will happily do so ASAP!

Cheers,
Deep

posted on Jan, 14 2003 @ 12:31 PM
link   
...Urine is not, as many believe, the excess water from food and liquids that goes through the intestines and is
ejected from the body as "waste". It is much different and much more. When you eat, the food you ingest is eventually broken down in the stomach and intestines into extremely small molecules. These molecules are absorbed into tiny tubules in the intestinal wall and then pass through these tubes into the blood stream.

The blood circulates throughout your body carrying these food molecules and other nutrients, along with critical immune defense and regulating elements such as red and white blood cells, antibodies, plasma, microscopic proteins, hormones, enzymes, etc., which are all manufactured at different locations in the body.

As the blood circulates, it passes through the liver where toxins are removed and later excreted from the body in the form of solid waste. Eventually, this now purified "cleaned" blood makes its way to the kidneys. When blood enters the kidneys it is filtered through an immensely complex and intricate system of minute tubules called nephron through which the blood is literally "squeezed" at high pressure. This filtering process removes excess amounts of water, salts and other elements in the blood that your body does not need at the time. These excess elements are collected within the kidney in the form of a purified, sterile, watery solution called urine. Many of the constituents of this filtered watery solution, or urine, are then reabsorbed by the nephron and delivered back into the bloodstream. The remainder of the urine passes out of the kidneys into the bladder and is then excreted from the body.

The function of the kidneys is to keep the various elements in your blood balanced. When your body doesn't need something at a particular time, it is excreted - not because it is toxic or poisonous or bad for the body, but simply because the body does not need that particular element at the time.

Medical researchers have discovered that many of the elements of the blood that are found in urine have enormous medicinal value, and when reintroduced to the body, they boost the body's immune defenses and stimulate healing in a way that nothing else does....

More..
More about formation of urine ....

...the medical community has already been aware of [urine's] astounding efficacy for decades, and yet none of us has ever been told about it. Why? Maybe they think it's too controversial. Or maybe, more accurately, there wasn't any monetary reward for telling people what scientists know about one of the most extraordinary natural healing elements in the world....
The Skeptic's Dictionary......

...How do you tackle people who may tell you that your are unscientific?

There is nothing unscientific about it. Mr. Moraji Desai, the former Prime Minister of India, was using this remedy for years and he lived for almost a hundred years bouncing with good health. In fact, I got an invitation to give a talk at the Rotary Meeting on alternative therapy four or five years ago just because the doctors who were under my treatment showed no signs of aging and they insisted that I should be invited to talk to the general public.
Many people are working all over the world and doing research on this. The Dean of J.J.Hospital is keen that I should start research on this project And I have given my consent. We should start some work in the next 2 to 3 months.

Is there any scientific research in this regard? Or some documented evidence?

There is a lot of scientific research and documented evidence on auto-urine therapy. The Italian surgeon Stanislau R Burzynski, now settled in America, separated anti-neoplastin from human urine and showed remarkable results in the treatment of cancer. But the cost of treatment was in lakhs.The other substance found in large quantities in the urine is called dehydroepiandrosterone (DHEA). It is a hormone related to testesterone. This, as research showed, has anti-aging, anti-cancer, and anti-obesity properties. There is also lots of research on urea. When recycled by mouth, it is converted into essential amino acid....

Nothing Unscientific About Urine Therapy, Dr. B.V. Khare

posted on Jan, 14 2003 @ 01:03 PM
link   
though I prefer vinegar to peeing on someone....

posted on Jan, 14 2003 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
though I prefer vinegar to peeing on someone....

Aspartame shower will do that job MUCH better...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join