It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lakes…650ft Beneath the Waves!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 03:45 AM
link   

Lakes…650ft Beneath the Waves!

www.environmentalgraffiti.com

Deep beneath the waves, far down on the ocean floor are scenes & images often associated with the stuff of nightmares – translucent fish with wide black eyes capable of seeing in the dark, shell fish with bioluminescent skeletons & colossal squid, so huge that no one has yet to picture them. All these creatures, though bizarre, are somehow quite expected but it’s doubtful whether many people when asked what else they would find strange to discover at the bottom of the ocean would picture a lake.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 03:45 AM
link   
Even though I am well versed in Oceanography and Marine Biology, this is the first time I have seen such a detailed account of such phenomenon. The photographs provided with the story are extremely lucid, especially given their status as having been taken on the Sea Floor Hundreds of Feet Down. It goes to show how isolated ecosystems may exist on this Earth that support forms of life not witnessed on a daily basis.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 04:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheAgentNineteen

Even though I am well versed in Oceanography and Marine Biology, this is the first time I have seen such a detailed account of such phenomenon. The photographs provided with the story are extremely lucid, especially given their status as having been taken on the Sea Floor Hundreds of Feet Down. It goes to show how isolated ecosystems may exist on this Earth that support forms of life not witnessed on a daily basis.

I seen this type of underwater lake a few years ago on a program called the blue planet, the lakes were not as clear as that they were in the picture but were quite murky if I remember rightly

[edit on 9/26/2008 by altered_states]

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 04:49 AM
link   
I find the fact that there are lakes down there fascinating. It is amazing whats still to discover in this world.
thanks for the post

[edit on 26-9-2008 by leearco]

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 04:59 AM
link   
Nice find Agent.

You learn something new everyday.

Although I had heard something about this years ago (didn't pay attention at the time
), I didn't realize what they meant by 'Lake' under the water.

Makes all the sense in the world.

I wonder how the 'Dead Sea' might play on these discoveries?

I would think that there would be many 'lake' like pools just outside the Dead Sea area, due to possible run off or settling of salt near by.

new topics

top topics

join