It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First patent filed for Anti-Taser clothing

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 03:38 AM
link   
This is a patent filing for an Anti-taser fabric.

I have to tell you, if your going to be anywhere or doing anything that places you in greater contact with the police this is a must.

Imagine their surprise as you stand there un-affected or rip the barbs out with your gloved hand of the same fabric... "I'm Batman !"

(Remember the escalation of force rule, as long as your not threatening the cops life, they can use less than lethal force so not being taken down by a taser does not automatically mean they can shoot you...just tackle you or use the dog or clubs...all which hurt like the taser, and remember there are less deaths reported from police dog bites, mace and clubs that there are from taserings.)

This is the link to the filing in its entirety:

www.freepatentsonline.com...

Here is an excerpt from the filing:

United States Patent 20060175581

Abstract:
The invention includes fabrics that have been dyed or finished with a dye that contains a conductive mixture of conductive organic materials, inorganic materials, metals, metal oxides, carbon and carbon nanotubes or combinations or mixtures thereof. The dye is used to finish a fabric such that it is conductive. These fabrics are useful in shielding law enforcement personnel from energy weapons discharge and in providing an electrostatic medium for personnel that work with static sensitive products. The fabrics, when appropriately grounded, dissipate the emitted charge and transmit it to ground. Additionally, the apparel has high wear resistance and is both thermally and electrically conductive yet is comfortable to wear.

[edit on 26-9-2008 by DisabledVet]

Mod Note: External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 27-9-2008 by Jbird]

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 04:05 AM
link   
Any chance of someone patenting one that also returns the charge and fries the idiot who tased me in the first place? Maybe incapacitating the officer for good?*

As much as this is callous, I hope that one day soon, the son or a daughter of a politician is actually killed by one of these things as I think it's the only thing that will impact way these things are being used so glibly and recklessly.

Yes, a politician's son or daughter maybe innocent and undeserving of my wish-fulfilment, but innocent and undeserving people are getting killed on a too-regular basis with these machines. The difference is, politicians don't really care as it's not their family or friends (yet) and whilst there's money to be made (and somewhere down the line money must be being made) that's of little importance.

*Perhaps if police were getting hurt using these, rather than regular people, the police themselves would refuse to handle these. Sooner or later, a police officer will be killed or seriously hurt with one of these things and I'm going to be genuinely interested as to what the response from police representatives is.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 04:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by DisabledVet

Rad, I was in need of upgrading my anti-cop armor

The fabrics, when appropriately grounded, dissipate the emitted charge and transmit it to ground.

Well I don't know how electricity magic works. It says "when appropriately grounded". What would that look like when implemented in clothing?

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 04:27 AM
link   
That's brilliant! Why didn't I come up with this? I'd just give them out to the masses. ;P

...that is, If I had a giant amount of money to buy enough to do such things.

...damn.

I don't plan on warranting anything that'll get me shocked for awhile... but I'll probably get some for future plans. ;P

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Merriman Weir
Any chance of someone patenting one that also returns the charge and fries the idiot who tased me in the first place? Maybe incapacitating the officer for good?* ...

You want a portable Tesla coil.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Go ahead and tase me, bro!

Mod Note: One Line Post – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 27-9-2008 by Jbird]

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 05:58 PM
link   
LOL I love the idea that people are fighting back... tazers shouldn't be given to cops the severe misuses apparent within the first year should have got them taken away. Instead cops now just have to wonder if their lil toys will even work lol.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Unless this clothing actually prevents the probes from entering your skin it will not be effective at all. When the probes penetrate your skin thats how you get electricuted. They don't even have to penetrate your skin they can simply touch it.

new topics

top topics

join