It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can anyone define what God is?

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by twistedworld

What you say is true to a point but consider this...

Nothing is something....

If it wasn't then we would not be talking about Nothing but the very fact we are talking about this Nothing it is in fact Something which is Nothing....

Every Object is in its own Hole being the shape of that object.

If it wasn't in a hole then it could Not be there !!!

Something else would be instead.

Often we say, "There is Nothing There !!! Don't we...

That is to say we are Identifying that Nothing exists in a given Location....

If we look at the Centre of say a Circle the Centre has No shape or Size and therefore we could say Nothing is at the Centre....

But you and I both know that the Centre of a Circle exists ???

If something is said to exist in the Centre it is in fact not in the Centre but is between The Centre and The Outside or Outer, as the Centre only is the Centre and Not that which is between the Centre and the outer....

As for The "Word" God well it exists alright but it is what people interpret that Word God to be or mean....

This "Word" God is the Most misunderstood Word that has ever existed in humankind.

What most don't realise that the Word God that is mentioned in the Roman Group of Greek and Hebrew writings consists of Two Components and Not One.

First there is The Word..... God
Second there is the Life of God or Consciousness, Awareness or whatever you like to call it and this Certainly exists.
In the bible it is written that The Life of God is The Light of Man (Not Adam)As this writing was originally in Greek the word used that was translated into the English Light was in Greek Phos...

Phos in Greek means....

Sun Light... Hence the Sun of Righteousness... As quoted in The Book of Malachi...

or the Light of a Star....
or The Light of a Comet...

But whichever way we see it Life Certainly does Exist...

But the "Word" of God is Not understood at all...

The Word of God is Not the Bible as the Word is.... G O D.. and Not any other Word as in house, Tree, boat or dog but the Word is Spelt G O D...

But apart from this nothing at all in the bible Clarifies this Word spelt G O D.

Most of Humanities explanation of God revolves around what God has supposedly done, and the Consciousness of God but never about what the Word spelt G O D is.....

All religions speak of the same entity but according to each culture in its own way.

Yes "Yi Jing" is what everything is based on, which are the Opposites.

But this in its self does Not describe what Nothing is....

This component we call Nothing is a very involved subject and is the least understood of All, by humankind.....

I could write a 10,000 Page thesis on the Subject of the Component "Nothing" and would have only Scratched the surface of the Concept involving all its Phenomena.

The Subject involving The Nothing is not understood because of being uninformed of the Phenomena for want of a word, as this subject has Not been studied because of humankind's psychology causes them to come up against a wall because the whole subject is Abstract and Conceptual....

Believe it or Not "Nothing" can have Dimension, (Volume or size) Direction, and movement...

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by twistedworld

I somewhat agree with this as well. I just didn't know how to articulate it so that the "God" believers would understand.

I can't remember the movie right now (a western, I think), but there was a story told to a boy about an indian legend that says inside every man there are the spirits of two wolves... one of them is evil and one is good. These two spirits are always fighting. The boy asks which one wins. The answer is the one that wins is the one which you feed the most.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 02:48 AM
link   
According to the bible (the Roman churches Collection of Greek and Hebrew Writings) from the King James VersionThe Gospel According to John“, Chapter 1 Verse 1 to 13 God is.... Quote;

Verse 1.
Quote;

1. In the beginning Was the WORD,
and the Word was with God,
and the Word was God.

Comment:

a. The WORD implies “Communication” produced from Letters or Glyphs.

b. This “Communication” was with God. The word “With” implies more than One Component.

c. And the “Word” was Spelt GOD.

d. “Letters” and “Glyphs” are Geometric forms or patterns (Stick Pictures) which are used in “Communication”. There are 2 sub-Components to this.

1/. Communication and in this case in English Format.
2/. The Communication in Form regarding Geometric Form.

Verse 2.
Quote;

He was in the beginning with God.

Comment:

So Who is He that is being identified here ???

a. On Fact it is a Male Component (Perhaps the Contents ??? As in some languages a “Container” is said to be of Female gender and its “Contents” as being of Male gender.

The word here also implies more than one Component.

Verse 3.
Quote;

All things were made through Him,
and without Him nothing was made that was made.

Comment:

a. Here the title of “Him” is used again.
b. And that All was made Through Him.

Verse 4.
Quote;

IN Him was LIFE,
and the LIFE was the LIGHT of Men.

Comment:

a. So in Him was LIFE and this LIFE is LIGHT as in the Greek context in the Original text
Φ Ω Σ which relates to LIGHT i.e. LIGHT emitted from the Sun or Star. Light is Not a Human.

Verse 5.
Quote;

And The LIGHT shines IN the darkness,
and the darkness did Not comprehend it.

Comment:

a. So the LIGHT exists in the darkness…

Verse 6.
Quote;

There was a Man sent from God,
whose name was John.

Verse 7.
Quote;

This Man came for a witness,
to bear witness of The LIGHT, (Not witness a human but The LIGHT)
that all through Him might believe.

Verse 8.
Quote;

He was Not that LIGHT, (because John is Human and Not The LIGHT from/through the Sun)
but was sent to bear witness
of that LIGHT

Verse 9.
Quote;

That was the True LIGHT
which Lighteth every Man
that cometh into the World.

Comment:

According to Greek/English translation of Φ Ω Σ which relates to LIGHT Referring to Light from a Luminous Origin such as The Sun or Star, and does Not refer to Light as meaning “Understanding”.

Verse 10.
Quote;

Me was in the World,
and the World was made through Him,
and the World knew Him Not.

Comment:

As the word “Him” refers to The LIGHT this verse is NOT talking about the human form as in, who is called Jesus today who was a Carpenter.

Previously in this Chapter in Verse 5….
Quote;

And The LIGHT shines IN the darkness,
and the darkness did Not comprehend it.

It is the human Species today who insist on Trying to “Humanise” The LIGHT !

The World is in the Darkness and The LIGHT coming through a Portal identified as the Sun, Lights up the Earth and its Species etc.

Verse 11.
Quote;

He came unto His own,
and His own received Him Not.

Comment:

Today very, very, very few Know the LIGHT or even acknowledge The LIGHT.

Verse 12.
Quote;

But as many as received Him (The LIGHT not the Human Form i.e. the Carpenter of Nazareth)
to them gave He power to become
The Sons of God,
Even to them that believe on his name:

Comment:

Is this the Name shown on The Front Cover of old bibles and hymn books ???

INZ"

Verse 13.
Quote;

Which were born, Not of blood,
nor of the will of flesh,
nor of the will of Man,
but of God

Comment:

Note it says WERE Born. This means Past Tense.

And are NOT of Flesh but refers to The SOULS.

Here is a Drawing which is 100% accurate, of The Partition Map of the Soul formed from LIGHT, “The Temple made without Hands” described in “The Book of Ezekiel” Chapter 40. and “The Revelation of J.C.”

Conclusion:

God is based on 2 Components described in This Book and Verses 1 to 13 as being...

a. A "Word" whose Spelling is GOD.

But we need to analyse the Geometric meaning instead of the English.
b. LIFE which is The LIGHT i.e. emitting from a given source like the Sun, a Star or perhaps from behind the All.

[edit on 28-7-2010 by The Matrix Traveller]

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 06:56 AM
link   
"God" means "gap in scientific knowledge". That's it.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Matrix TravellerWe all say God is the Creator of All things, But what actually is the Creator?

The answer to that question is in your question...

I think you're unnecessarily complicating things.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 05:12 PM
link   
It's simple god is light, the sun, the stars anything that has light, he made it so snakes would go like the wave patterns in the entire universe, once you turn the flashlight on everything turns it what it is, that is the word of god, the law. We got darkness here on earth, people doing bad stuff in the dark where no one can see, so we make laws. We act like the creator. One beacon of light is worth the whole darkness, because the whole darkness is a big nothing while the beacon of light is something.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by ChickenPie

Thank you for the Post...
You wrote.... Quote;

I think you're unnecessarily complicating things.

I would be interested in your thoughts as I believe I am attempting to portray the Root of the All.

It is Not my intention to Complicate the issue but rather attempt to define...

It is interesting to note that the human species seems to be bent on Humanizing LIGHT rather than realising the "LIGHT" or Spirit of The "LIGHT" was communicating to people through The Carpenter of Nazereth.

The "LIFE" of God is the "LIGHT" of Men or The LIGHT of the world i.e. as in LIGHT from the Sun or any other Source of such LIGHT.
This is if we go by the Original Greek text "The Gospel According to John" where the Greek word used, was Φ Ω Σ which refers to LIGHT of the Sun and Not used in the Context of "Enlightenment" as in "Understanding".

In the ancient writings it was understood that the Sun ("The Sun of Righteousness", mentioned also in The Book of Malachi Ch. 4 V. 2)
was a Portal for LiGHT.

If we look in The Books of E'Noch we also find referrence to the "Portals" (Openings).

LIGHT was seen to come "Through" the Sun, rather than of the Sun, hence the Sun being in a "Portal".

[edit on 29-7-2010 by The Matrix Traveller]

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 07:43 PM
link   
i think god is whatever gives living beings that spark of life. like frankenstein when jolted with electricity. when we think, is that biological? or does something else reside in the mind? the power of god. god is the energy that runs through all things. the energy that cannot be replicated. if we manage to create life someday, are we then god? or is god simply working through us?

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by 2weird2live2rare2die

Here is an interesting verse from "The Gospel of Thomas" regarding LIFE...Quote;

56. Jesus said,

“Whoever has come to understand the World
has found only a corpse,

and whoever has found a corpse
is superior to the World.”

What's your thoughts on this statement (Verse) ????

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 08:38 PM
link   
here i got it .god is like batman he fake all in your head some you look up too but he will save you from the end and n.w.o

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 08:39 PM
link   
God: the word used when someone would rather not say "I dont know".

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 08:42 PM
link   
yes you are right there yes what god he fake ctoon

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 08:47 PM
link   
I'll take a shot at it,
God is every known and unknown law of physics coupled with every emotion, applied across everything.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by HappilyEverAfter

I can't deny that....

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by The Matrix Traveller

Hello!!! You're back. I've been looking to see what your next thread will be about, as they are most fascinating.
There are many intelligent people responding and I love to read the posts. Some ideas are things that I would have never thought of.

That's the whole point, though. We are all God experiencing this journey of "remembering".
Each experience is as different as each snowflake is. There is no single answer to "what is God".

Knowing God is a personal journey.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 12:15 AM
link   

It is late. I hope to see more of your wonderful threads in the near future.
peace.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 12:22 AM
link   
reply to post by zsuzsology

Knowing God is a personal journey.

Beautifully put.

A Star 4 U....

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 12:32 AM
link   

i suppose it could mean that by the time you figure life out it's nearly over, but when you have reached this point you no longer fear death, which puts you at an advantage over many.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 12:51 AM
link   
reply to post by 2weird2live2rare2die

I experienced Death in August 1973.

I was pronounced "brain dead" for a period a little longer than 30 minutes.

But for me I was very much alive but did Not involve humanity or even this Universe.

I could no longer look at the world or death in the way we are taught in this Earth experience, ever again.

But what I have come to know is where this Universe exists and no longer know what death is.... that is according to human teachings.

Death so called is only a small part of the overall experience and what we find beyond this experience is astounding to say the least and brings the ancient writings into their True context...

To me now, Death is only a Myth....

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 01:29 AM
link   
Some very interesting thoughts expressed here. I thought I might throw a (for me at least) fascinating statement a professor of statistics onced used when I was in grad. school. His background made it all the more interesting, as he had been a missionary in his youth to underdeveloped nations. However at some point he lost his wife, and I suspect that he lost his Christian faith at the same time.

He started off by challenging the class to draw our God. Most of us just sat there confused, how would one draw God?

He then said that he could, and proceeded to write E=MC2 on the blackboard.

I still don't know whether he is right, but neither am I sure he is wrong. But it has certainly stuck by me through the years, and I hope it will be of interest to you.

How would YOU draw your God?

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21 >>

join