It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can anyone define what God is?

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by killacaboose

I think God was a term used to discribe a 3d fractal.

i dont think there was a big bang.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 02:45 AM
link   
Jesus was not anything more than what we are. He was showing us our true potentail and what we could become. We are all sons of God, not just Jesus. Jesus was a normal man like you and I. We can all be Jesus Christ. He only set an example and tried to tell us how to become. But people worship him like a god... When worship is a form of slavery and would be something I would call a sin.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 02:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wisen Heimer
Jesus was not anything more than what we are. He was showing us our true potentail and what we could become. We are all sons of God, not just Jesus. Jesus was a normal man like you and I. We can all be Jesus Christ. He only set an example and tried to tell us how to become. But people worship him like a god... When worship is a form of slavery and would be something I would call a sin.

mmmm... very good!! nice to hear that someone else sees it for what it is! I concur!

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Wisen Heimer

When worship is a form of slavery and would be something I would call a sin.

Yes especially when he abhorred it. He always directed attention to his father. Oh, all of the things Jesus would abhor, Christianity via Paul, instigated. Even the cross is very pagan!

All of his truths have been twisted! Just watch "The Jesus Camp" to see how evangelicals are training their children in the pattern of Hitler's Youth Corp Training, and all in the name of Jesus! It is disturbing!!

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by justamomma

Originally posted by Wisen Heimer

mmmm... very good!! nice to hear that someone else sees it for what it is! I concur!

Welcome to the thread..

Most people today in ignorance confuse The Christ with the Carpenter...

It is The Roman Church and Roman Doctrine you can that for this Misrepresentation of the Carpenter...

But then again perhaps The Romans can only talk of Spirit and Know Not the Spirit...

When humanity learns that there is only "The One" and All is of God then humankind may just may to turn.....

I am the Eternal optimist as I put my trust in God The Father as the carpenter to us to do...

He The Carpenter said,
"Let Not you put your Trust in ang man but the Father only..."

He Also said,

"It is NOT I that doeth the Works but The Father In Me He Doeth the Works..."

When He said I and The Father are One he is Correct...

You cannot separate the "Inner" from The "Outer"...

Take a Circle for example as in all things has an "Inner" and an "Outer"...

Take away the Outer you have No Inner....

Take away the "Inner" You have No "Outer"...

Father.... Farther Away... Outer....

Son.... Born... "Inner" as in Mother and Child...

Female is the Boundaries, while Father being male is the Contents in the Boundaries of the Body whether Conceptual or Not.

The Law is the workings of The Father... Hence Moses in the Parable...

E'Noch being the 7th from Adam being the Most Righteous Scribe as it is written in the OT...

There are Two main Parts The Law and The Word.... One is In the Other....

And as it is written in the Book of St. John...

In The Beginning was The Word, and the Word was With God and The Word was G O D

Spelt G O D....

Words are Made from Letters but Letters can be Understood in Two Different ways...

All is made from a "Tree" in other words represented by a "Y" or a fork or a decision ...

We only have Choice in all things this is our freedom...

Freedom comes from Love...

Forgiveness comes from Love as in the Case fore example of King David...
And Countless others on Turning....

I personally Love and therefore Forgive No matter what...

If people believe I am Wrong then so be it but it is my Father who judges me and No human being as humankind is powerless to do anything without my Father...

But I am the Least of All things on Earth.... Nothing...

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 06:36 PM
link   
"In The Beginning was The Word, and the Word was With God and The Word was G O D "

Spelt G O D....

Do you not believe that the bible was translated incorrectly?

How can you use this quote if you do not believe it?

When the bible was written was G O D used? or is this a translated name?
Im trying to understand but you contradict yourself to often.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 07:12 PM
link   
I cannot U2U yet. You didnt tell me why the letters G O D are used???

I know alot of people are not working on this project i researched so why lie?

Can you post initial stages of you kids toy or so called optical computer??
im interested to understand you but your story has cracks.

Im an athiest so im open to genuine thoughts.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Ive been doing alot of looking into many things.. Such as science and religion. And neither one of them have the answers we seek.
I belive we are looking at it from the wrong direction. We can not see the big picture.. But what is the big picture?
We can not see that yet.. But we can envision it with our minds.

Its simply something sooo huge that we can not fathom even with our minds expanded! We are humans, and humans are little machines that carry energy.

In the big picture sometimes I feel like its our thoughts.. Humans, and every other being in the universe that makes matter solid for the next stage up!

If you shrink down to our atoms, you will not see a solid state. Its all spaces, and atoms.. Much like our universe.. But we make up another world, in which when looked upon by other beings our thoughts and energy is made into a solid type object for the next bigger picture.

Everything gets to a size that is soo big. That its hard to even grasp.
And its rude, if not childish to think we have any clue to what or who God is.

Ive been on this thread a few times with my thoughts, but like to stop back to remind everyone.. You can not define something like God.
God is a word.. God is not what you think it is.. Its only a word.

So if you want to define the word, thats different. You can define it many ways.. And truth be told.. Many people die and are killed for trying to define what the word means.
One mans God, is anothers devil. Its a play on words, and something that traps us humans in our logical parameter loop.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by zysin5

Hi zysin5,

Good to hear from you, I love hearing others thoughts, about their beliefs and interpretation of things, including them selves.

I find a Lot of valuable understanding in what makes this program tick, not how it is created, but the behaviour within the Program...

Interesting comment...

Ive been doing alot of looking into many things.. Such as science and religion. And neither one of them have the answers we seek.

I often fall into the same trap and assume everyone is like me too.

Perhaps your comment should have said....

I've been doing a lot of looking into many things.. Such as science and religion. And neither one of them have the answers some seek.

Don't take me too seriously I am only kidding...

Hmmmmmmmm,

The Marvel, is not so much how things have arrived or manifested, but rather the behaviour of the program within this Universe and Others....

To understand we need to be informed, about what we really want to know...

There is Science and Religion and you are correct that neither of these areas have the Answers....

But there is good reason for this.....

It is a Lack of being Informed !!!!

When you find your real self "Consciousness" or "Awareness" and you examine this very closely you will find what you are looking for...

Our Brain is only an encoder/decoder between our Conscious State and this Experience...

The Brain, or at lest mine, LOL ... does Not know me, (Consciousness) nor does any other part of my anatomy know My Consciousness or Awareness But my Awareness or consciousness is aware of my anatomy and a few other things in my environment or experience.

It is Not the Brain that sees nor hears tor tastes nor smell, but it is your Awareness or Conscious State that experiences the Awareness of these.

I have never had my brain speak to me or communicate any thing with me... So I don't get into an argument with any part of my anatomy... LOL..

Others may suffer voices in their head but I am Not one of them...

So I guess the only part of "The Real Me, that is "Aware" or "Conscious" of anything is my "Consciousness" or "Awareness"...

The perspective we get from looking Out to the Universe from the centre, of our Awareness compared with viewing from the outside looking In toward the centre of the Holographic experience.

I think you will find at some in time that there is two things involved...

1. Consciousness or Awareness (Life)
2. A Condition that is being experienced which at the moment you may refer to as The Universe...

What's your thoughts on all my dribble anyway ???

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Original matrix traveller

I don't really think you are able look too deeply into much, as I have already posted some of the Formats... But then again I could be wrong ???

Lighten up as this is a discussion on peoples theories to do with God.....

If you know any irrefutable facts, then you are most welcome to air your thoughts...

If you have theories then you are also welcome to air these too...

You will never find anything by coming out with all guns blazing..

When you awaken, then you my find what you are looking for...

But anyway you are welcome to participate on this thread if you desire...

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by iiinvision

iiinvision, I love that! INEFFABLE...AHHH....I like to say Ineffable Oneness...We are all within the Ineffable Oneness, made of the ineffable oneness...AHHHHHH.......Yes......

iiinvision, you are so very ineffable yourself. I really feel an ineffable joy while appreciating your ineffable oneness. This is absolutely ineffable. I love it so.
I feel an ineffable joyousness.

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 04:13 AM
link   
Perhaps we should divide the Original Question into Two Parts ???

What man argues over is actually portrayed as Two components that make up God...

The First Part of God, that is God....

The Word..... G O D...

From the Book, The Gospel According to John.
Chapter 01.
Verse 01.

In the Beginning was the Word, ( A Word is a String of Letters )
and the Word was with God..... ( With implies more than One )
and the Word was God...... (The Word being a String of Letters that Spells G O D )

Verse 02.

He was in the beginning (He Implies Male or "Inner")
with God.

The Second Part of God that is Also God....

The Life of God that is God...

From the Book, The Gospel According to John.
Chapter 01.

Verse 04.

In Him was Life, (Notice the Word In)
and the Life was
The Light of Men.

In the Original text (Greek) The Greek word was "Phos". which means Sun Light or any other Light radiating from a star or meteor...

The Greek word "Phos" does Not mean Understanding !

But remember we have two bodies according to the writings...

1. Flesh...

2. The Soul....

The Flesh was Called A'Dam...

The Soul is Called Man... Man is Not the Flesh as the Flesh Claims Today...

There is a Third part which is The Spirit but this is Different than The Flesh A'Dam and The Soul called Man...

The Writings have been Bastardised claiming A'Dam and Man to me One and the Same !

Quote from The Gospel of Thomas....

Jesus said,

"The Pharisees and the Scribes
have taken The Keys of Knowledge,
and Hidden Them.

They themselves have Not entered,
nor have they allowed to enter
those who wish to.

[edit on 25-1-2009 by The Matrix Traveller]

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 04:37 AM
link   
Isnt it strange that these same people who distorted the religions back then never left power? Who do you think compiled the bible? A bunch of holy people im sure... right. It seems that you only recognize that we are being decived... not also that those who decive allowed what we have now to exist.

Do you think it is the truth? How far does the rabbit hole go?

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 06:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by prevenge

ALL

One which is all.

we are all of ONE conciousness.... EXPERIENCING ITSELF SUBJECTIVELY.

it's more than a bearded fairy tale guy in the sky who punishes.

he's all of us. and we experience each other.. or we experience OURSELF through each other.

I agree with your observations there and I suspect god (if god exists at all) is far more mindbogglingly incomprehensible than anyone knows.

I don't know about referring to god as a 'he' though - god could just as well be a she,an it or a they.

Its interesting that some quantum physicists studying the big bang hypothesis now speculate the universe is the result of two other
'parent' universes colliding or glancing of each other - V strange stuff

[edit on 02/10/08 by karl 12]

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wertdagf
Isnt it strange that these same people who distorted the religions back then never left power? Who do you think compiled the bible? A bunch of holy people im sure... right. It seems that you only recognize that we are being decived... not also that those who decive allowed what we have now to exist.

Do you think it is the truth? How far does the rabbit hole go?

You are correct in these statements but remember the True Mind (Made of innumerable Droplets of the One True Mind) has the ultimate Control...

This is why the writings are in Parable form...

So that only the "Mind" can Comprehend and it is impossible for humankind (Part of The Holographic Experience) but what is called the Human Mind isn't but rather it is a Droplet of The One True Mind...

So even though Humankind has tried to "Humanise" the Writings (Bastardise the Writings) The Parable of the True Mind still comes through.

So I put No Trust at all in The Ancient Writings, but in saying this I can see the Ancient Knowledge of The All still in the Writings today...

But the writings have been Bastardised by the Religious Leaders and their Scribes and Scholars...

A quote from "The Gospel of Thomas"

Jesus said,

"The Pharisees and the Scribes,
have taken The Keys of Knowledge
and Hidden Them.

They themselves have NOT entered,
nor have they allowed to enter those who wish to.

So yes You are Correct, but now if you want to know both parts of this subject, try and find the Whole picture, in discovering the Parable and its Knowledge, containing the Geometric Processing of The All.

I am sure it will astound you if only you would explore this yourself.

What does that Huge Monolith of a Pine Cone you can see in the Vatican ???

Joe Rogan may be right about '___' and The Pineal Gland.. But he is a funny Comedian at times...

His description is Psychedelic to say the Least but there is a more serious study by some within the Medical profession.

Check out Joe Rogan interviews on this subject....

Then ask a few Questions....

Peace...

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

I agree with your observations there and I suspect god (if god exists at all) is far more mindbogglingly incomprehensible than anyone knows.

Yes I would have to agree too on this...

I don't know about referring to god as a 'he' though - god could just as well be a she,an it or a they.

Female may imply a vessel or container.... in the Conceptual sense...

Male may imply the Content.... in the Conceptual sense...

Child (Especially a Man Child or Male Child) may imply... a male Descendent or Smaller.... in the Conceptual sense... As A little One Existing in its Parents, its parents being.... "The Container" or "boundaries of Awareness", and The Contents being "Awareness".

The Parent (Male and Female) showing all...

And below the Man Child that is in the middle of the Parent....

I guess the next Question is......

What is being displayed here ?????

[edit on 25-1-2009 by The Matrix Traveller]

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 02:50 PM
link   
I am God.

You are God, we are all God.

It came to me in a vision the other day.

God is nature.
God is the sum of all energy, which we all are a part of.
All consciousness is connected in a way we do not normally see or realize.
God is a power that is so great, it manifests itself as everything you see, hear, and touch. I am you and you are me. We are God. When you talk to me you are really talking to yourself. You just can't comprehend the intricacy of it all.

Edit: After reading back a few posts, I see that prevenge seems to have a pretty good idea of what I mean.

I wish I could explain it better, but I am still struggling to explain it to myself. It's pretty deep.

[edit on 28-1-2009 by slimpickens93]

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by slimpickens93

Bingo. You are Definitely onto it now.....

Keep learning, you are awakening...

Peace..

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 09:22 PM
link   
From my study, God or the creator is the quality of bestowal. When we become altruistic instead of our born nature of egoism, then we are similar in form to God. So the potential is there for everyone who can rise above their ego, aka will to receive. God is nature and controls everything through natural laws. As God is singular, so to is his creation so at the highest level we all share one spiritual body.

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   
What is god??Good Question, so here is a answer. There is no GOD, there are only two forms of energy, good and bad. Yin and Yang. How do I know this, quite simply put here is what it is.

In the beginning there was nothing and there was something. They are both bound by their own true self and own true rules. The nothing will always be nothing and the something can become everything. There will always be a void or a nothing and there will always be something that will eventually become everything. Neither force has any one central motive, but to be true to its nature.

So is there a GOD? Not really, there are just two forms of energies and which one you decide to be a part of is your choice.

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21 >>

join