It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Common ATS Misunderstanding about Nibiru

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 12:53 AM
link   
For way too long have I put off making a thread about this.

There's way too many threads about Nibiru being connected to the year 2012.
This connection needs to stop immediately.
Nibiru, Planet X, where the annunaki reside, IF REAL, is NOT NOT NOT NOT NOT NOT NOT coming in 2012, or 2011 or 2013. In fact these predictions are 200+ years off.

Sitchen, who interpreted the Sumerian Tablets and proclaimed that Nibiru is real, deduced that Planet X is due around 2250. Yes. 2250. Stop, everybody, PLEASE stop, with the 2012 nonsense. It's starting to tick me off, and your end of the world, 2012, Nibiru link is just juvenile. Grow up. Do ACTUAL research instead of soaking up like sponges all the crud you find on youtube.

DENY IGNORANCE. PLEASE.

That's all.

[edit on 26-9-2008 by Crabmeat]

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 01:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Crabmeat
Stop, everybody, PLEASE stop, with the 2012 nonsense. It's starting to tick me off, and your end of the world, 2012, Nibiru link is just juvenile. Grow up. Do ACTUAL research instead of soaking up like sponges all the crud you find on youtube.

Why on Earth (or on Nibiru) are you generalizing everybody on ATS with that? This almost sounds personal, perhaps u2u would be better?

OR... instead of telling everyone to do actual research, why don't you just create a very compelling thread illustrating why there isn't a valid connection between Nibiru and 2012? That shouldn't be too hard since you have clearly done the research we haven't.

That's all.

I don't feel very informed
What happened to the common misunderstandings the thread title promised? I would have liked to see how you formulated your opinion, not just your opinion.

[edit on 26-9-2008 by Lucid Lunacy]

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 01:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Lucid Lunacy

It's not my opinion. People here at ATS need things to justify their hysteria for the end of earth in 2012. I'm simply interjecting that Nibiru isn't their hysteria's salvation.

That connection simply needs to stop.

My post wasn't an attack on anybody in particular, it was an observation, and a plea for the ludicrousness to end.

You, my friend, need to smoothen your edge. They're too sharp, and it could be, I'm sure, taken in completely the wrong way.

[edit on 26-9-2008 by Crabmeat]

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Crabmeat
That connection simply needs to stop.

No. You simply need to show us why. Else this belongs in the Rants forum. If you want people to deny ignorance then give us knowledge to replace it with. All you have said so far as evidence is "Sitchin said so". Give us more.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 02:05 AM
link   
why are people demanding that the OP " prove " a negative ? isnt the burden on the people claiming nibiru exists never mind any 2012 " connection " to present evidence for thier case ?

BTW - sitchin was a fantasist who created the entire myth in the first place - every other idiot has just polished the turd

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 02:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape
isnt the burden on the people claiming nibiru exists never mind any 2012 " connection " to present evidence for thier case ?

Yes definitely. And they should also make a thread elucidating their evidence

This thread 'Common Misunderstandings about Nibiru'. So what are all of these misunderstandings?...

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Nice call ape.

I remember reading one of his books a few years back now and he tries to ling lifespan to orbital distance and a whole lot of other crap. Sitchin is 100% FOS.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 09:15 AM
link   
I think people heard about 2012, then heard about planet X and just threw them into one event. I know what you are saying though. IMO, it could happen at any time considering that there is not hard facts about this planet. I am a believer, but I think that things are a little to loose as far as facts go so far.. There is no real way of telling yet.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Thanks, Crabmeat

Starred and Flagged

You'd imagine people would be happy, not angry, to learn they have a couple of hundred years left before Nibiru, wouldn't you ?

Ah well, anger's defined as 'disappointed hope'.

And every generation imagines it's speshul and after them the world will end. Been a real money-spinner for thousands of years. Then people get old .. the world's still turning .. and they realise it will continue turning long after they're gone .. and too late they see how much time they wasted hoping fate would solve their problems via cataclysmic catatstrophe.

Thanks again : )

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Is their something about X or just the word Nibiru that keeps stuff like this popping up?
In another thread Zorgon had this to say about Nibiru.

Don't know where everyone is getting this 2012 Niboru thing from...

Nibiru settled into a clockwise orbit (equal to 3,600 orbits of Earth
around the Sun). Nibiru stabilized into a clockwise orbit, equal to
3,600 orbits of Earth around the Sun until 10, 900 B.C.E., when
Nibiru arrived earlier, due to increasing drift from Solaris of
Uranus. Uranus' gravity sped Nibiru's orbit. As a result of this
close encounter between Nibiru and Uranus, one of Nibiru's moons,
Miranda, was captured by and became a moon of Uranus as Nibiru and
Uranus pulled at each other. From 10,000B.C.E. on, Nibiru's
revolution sped to 3.450 Earth years; which makes Nibiru's next
return 2900A.D. rather than 2012 as predicated on the earlier 3600-
year orbit [Sitchin, Z., 2007, The End of Days, pages 315 - 317].

And here is the link to that part of the thread
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 06:54 AM
link   
10th Planet Discovered NASA Confirms (NASA News)

A planet larger than Pluto has been discovered in the outlying regions of the solar system.
July 29: It's definitely bigger than Pluto." So says Dr. Mike Brown of the California Institute of Technology ( NASA supported) who announced today the discovery of a new planet in the outer solar system.

The planet, which hasn't been officially named yet, was found by Brown and colleagues using the Samuel Oschin Telescope at Palomar Observatory near San Diego. It is currently about 97 times farther from the sun than Earth, or 97 Astronomical Units (AU). For comparison, Pluto is 40 AU from the sun.

This places the new planet more or less in the Kuiper Belt, a dark realm beyond Neptune where thousands of small icy bodies orbit the sun. The planet appears to be typical of Kuiper Belt objects--only much bigger. Its sheer size in relation to the nine known planets means that it can only be classified as a planet itself, Brown says.

Backyard astronomers with large telescopes can see the new planet. But don't expect to be impressed: It looks like a dim speck of light, visual magnitude 19, moving very slowly against the starry background. "It is currently almost directly overhead in the early-morning eastern sky in the constellation Cetus," notes Brown.

The planet was discovered by, in addition to Brown, Chad Trujillo, of the Gemini Observatory in Mauna Kea, Hawaii, and David Rabinowitz, of Yale University, New Haven, Connecticut. They first photographed the new planet with the 48-inch Samuel Oschin Telescope on October 31, 2003. The object was so far away, however, that its motion was not detected until they reanalyzed the data in January of this year. In the last seven months, the scientists have been studying the planet to better estimate its size and its motions.

"We are 100 percent confident that this is the first object bigger than Pluto ever found in the outer solar system," Brown adds.

Actual NASA footage of first contact recorded October/30/2007.

Video of Planet X can be seen approaching in the sky behind the astronauts during spacewalk outside the International Space Station.
www.youtube.com...

At 2:51 in this video Planet "X" / Nibiru becomes visable.
Astronaut say " its the first time we see this..cool"

There are only five years until it arrives on December 21, 2012.
Ironic enough it is called 2003UB313? very close to the name 2012NIBIRU?
Which it is named and tags, that NASA has used for it.
They have also used the name Xena means (warrior princess of crossing) and the word NIBIRU has a variety of meanings, all related to the idea of “crossing” or being some sort of “crossing marker” or “crossing point”

So if you have any numerological or alphabetical sense you can se the resemblance between the four names :-)

[edit on 28-9-2008 by Kukulcangod]

[edit on 28-9-2008 by Kukulcangod]

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 01:35 PM
link   
97 AU
2012?
i think not.

new topics

top topics

join