It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

china launch faked

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 12:45 AM
link   
New to ATS but have been lurking for a while. Reviewed a number of news sites today talking about the chinese space launch for their first attempted space walk. However upon reviewing the videos from the launch it occured to me, and feel free to review this oppinion, that the launch looked somewhat faked, the proportion of the rocket ship just didn't look accurate in terms of size.

I am probably missing something and it may just be due to the distance from the launch site or another technical aspect , but my curiosity was then further broght on by the fact that new is filtering through that the main chinese news agency had reported a succefull launch hours before the actual launch time, news link .

Seeing that much of the media that chinese chooses the western world to view in relation to their country is filtered through to us, is it a possibilty that this mission was purely a means of attempting to cement their current standing in world politics?

[edit on 26-9-2008 by buffer001]

[edit on 26-9-2008 by buffer001]

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 12:47 AM
link   
The Olympics proved they are able to fake lots of things... so I don't put it past them.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 03:06 AM
link   
Damn, you figured it out. We spent so much time and money to fake this thing and then we slip up by using a rocket that looks too small to non experts and releasing our news to early.

I guess we will have to try harder to fool you next time, maybe George Lucas could lend us a hand.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 03:39 AM
link   
odd that you say that I watched a video on the launch and it wasnt like the ones Ive seen at the cape, my first thought was its fake. It looked more like a model rocket taking off. When there is a launch of the shuttle there is so much gas on launch the shuttle actually dissapears. In the chinese launch you see everything.

new topics

top topics

join