It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

PETA Urges Ben & Jerry's To Use Human Milk

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 10:59 PM
link   

PETA Urges Ben & Jerry's To Use Human Milk

www.wptz.com

People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals sent a letter to Ben Cohen and Jerry Greenfield, cofounders of Ben & Jerry's Homemade Inc., urging them to replace cow's milk they use in their ice cream products with human breast milk, according to a statement recently released by a PETA spokeswoman.

"PETA's request comes in the wake of news reports that a Swiss restaurant owner will begin purchasing breast milk from nursing mothers and substituting breast milk for 75 percent of the cow's milk in the food he serves," the statement says.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 10:59 PM
link   
I'm sorry, but that just doesn't appeal to me.

Milking of cows is done with sanitized machinery and goes through a whole process before it gets to the consumer (or the ice cream manufacturing plant).

Are they saying there should be "milking" companies now for women? And how much milk would they excpect from the "public"?

Just doesn't sound like a very lucritive venure to me.

Ben & Jerry weren't very open to the idea either.

"We applaud PETA's novel approach to bringing attention to an issue, but we believe a mother's milk is best used for her child," said a spokesperson for Ben and Jerry's.

Here's a video about it.

According to a poll taken on the webite that asked:

Do you think Ben and Jerry's should use human milk in its ice cream?

The results were 7338 voted YES and 35667 voted NO.

I think the people have spoken PETA!

www.wptz.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 9/25/2008 by Keyhole]

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 11:12 PM
link   
I really do not want to eat any ice cream made out of humans milk. I am Getting sick just thinking about it. Will they go thru special tests to make sure the milk is safe to drink. Their are some nasty people out there. Many woman care not produce breast milk anyway. I do not see much profit in it. But PETA gets more and more wild. I believe in animal rights but they take it to a new level. If the animals where causing the death of millions they would still support the animals saying we are the problem.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 11:43 PM
link   
I'm glad B&J said no. If they ever start using human milk, they've lost a customer. I wouldn't touch it. Milking does no harm to the cows, its intended to be sucked out by babies, replacing the babies with machines doens tharm the cow in anyway, milk is still coming out.

I am an anti-abuse activists for animals, but I do eat meat (Lots of delicious steaks... mmmm....) And PETA can shove this idea where the sun don't shine!

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 12:08 AM
link   
People Eating Tasty Animals! Been a member for years! Moo juice is also tasty.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 10:55 AM
link   
EXISTING DISCUSSION

Had a good discussion going here for a couple of days already.

Interesting topic to say the least.

new topics

top topics

join