It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bailout Outrage Races Across the Web

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by TXMACHINEGUNDLR

I k ow for a fact that there's a long drawn out run on the banks, for those that actually have money. That's why Bush slipped in the bit about FDIC.

The run has begun with the Bear Sterns thing, for those lucky enough to have holdings. Reports will ultimately show that people are slowly withdrawing a piece of their savings, investing less in 401(k)s etc.

The next crisis after this tidal wave washes out is the Social Security / 401(k) Retirement funds. LOOK OUT! There is no bail out nor the cash available in this country big enough to fix that mess. This is only a ripple right now as I see it.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 02:12 PM
link   
The percentage we lose from every paycheck isn’t intended to be flushed down the toilet by irresponsible business. Why should we the tax payers bail out a failed corporation that practiced bad business and now they have a life line of our money to continue doing just that, I think it would be better for them to go into the wind and show other business that u prosper or fail on the shoulders of those high-up men making decisions for said company there is a reason their salaries are millions of $. I wonder how many of their stock holders got screwed those people deserve the bail-out. I fail to see how bailing out a failed, corrupt corporation and raping our wallets helps we need a precedent for big business “ f*** up major your f***ed “

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by twistingtree

Yup!

Gee I should open a bank / mortgage brokerage and give away mortgages for -4% interest, hedging the funds on the gold markets. I'd still make a killing but if I did fail, I could easily reach my hand out to the Gov. Security blankets insure failure.

One of my friends is a semi famous comedian and he says he would be a mechanic now if he had that training as a safety net. His success is based on "failure is NOT an option".

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by TXMACHINEGUNDLR
Tomorrow the market is going to tank. By 2PM the government is going to have to freeze the market. Come Monday if no deal is passsed there will be a 1929 style run on the banks.

As it's 15:45 EST, and most indices (except the tech heavy NASDAQ) are up, I would say this is way off-base, as I knew it would be.

In fact, if you think about it, if we CAN drag this on MUCH longer, perhaps all those morons will continue holding their respective breaths, and we will have gotten away with procuring exactly the same results without having to have spent a thin dime!

"Keep em waiting! Every Day we do, the market just keeps rising" lol

AB1

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Must love today's CNN biased quick poll.

What's most to blame for the stalled $700 billion bailout talks?
Principled differences of opinion
Political maneuvering

That poll is subliminal messaging. Hence the word "stalled" as in, this will happen.

According to this article also up on CNN today. Lawmakers vow to break bailout deadlock it will happen. Like it or leave it CNN tells you.

"We're determined to get it done," Dodd, the Senate Banking Committee chairman, said of a bailout agreement. "The American people expect nothing less."

The American people expect nothing less (but for the bail out to pass)... wise words from our great Senate Banking Committee chairman.

"We're going to get this done and stay in session as long as it takes to get it done," Reid said.

Someone give me more garbage to chew on while I contemplate the outrageous idea that the public's opinion matters.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by twistingtree

I feel the same way.

Starting three years ago, I started making really good money. Especially for a young man where I'm from, I may as well be Donald Trump. And, I was proud to pay taxes. I was working out of state, where there was no state tax, and was naive at the time to think somehow, they just combined it into "federal" and everything was divided up evenly. After a while, I started getting really agitated by the hundreds and hundreds of dollars coming out of my check each week. What really killed me was when I started working more overtime than regular time.

I assumed that the more hours I worked, the less they would take, because that "just made sense" to me. So I worked 84 hour work weeks... After the first check, I thought it was some sort of anomaly. How could they be taking 400 - 500 a week from me, and every single week? That's 1600 dollars a month they were making off my naive ass! That's 19,000 dollars a year. I was given $3,000 back in my return.

I was a young person. I wasn't married. I was totally independent from the state and it's welfares. I worked hard and almost every day of my life for 2 years straight. I wasn't taking any money back from the state or from my federal government and they were hitting me for a 1/4 of my paycheck every week?

I started researching ways to cut down on my taxes when I came across "From Freedom to Fascism." It shook me up. It really did. In high school I tried to get my father to sign the minor release papers for the Marine Corp at 17, because my mother refused to sign them. The only thing that stopped me was my dad was AWOL and the recruiters never heard back from him. I still have ambitions to join today! I figure that it's going to happen before the time I'm 25! But, at that time I was ready to go to war for my country. Ready to fight for what I felt was right at the time, and this video hit me harder than any punch I've ever taken.

These faceless bastards sat back and collected 15,000 dollars a year from me! A hard working, country loving American. And not only do they want money made from our blood (literally) and sweat (ultra literally), but now they want to single handedly stifle, if not completely tear down my country with their money laundering program?

Hell no. Not again. Never will I fall for somebody else's bull#. Not Bernake's, not bush's, not McCain's, not Obama's, not Pelosi's, not anybody's. If Ron Paul lied to us, I would write him off just as easily as the others. This is a take no prisoners protest.

I've watched my country nose dive at the hands of these men, and now they're asking for our help? After they are in someway responsible for evictions, homelessness, repossessions, breaking up of families, suicides, and now complete economic failure. After ruining life after life, these cowards want a hand?

Really? They just want a lil' help, a lil' hand. We'll just have to carry them for a minute, no big deal.

# that.

They deserve the gallows for high treason. Along with Bush, Cheney, Rove, Bernanke, Pelosi, McCain, Biden, and anybody else who's enabled these thieves to ruin the lives of my fellow people.

We're not trash, we're not serfs, we're not indentured servants, we're not bums, we're not scum, we're not helpless, we're not hopeless, we're not inferior to them, and we are in no way some sort of commodity that can be bought and sold. We are people and they have trounced on my humanity since I was born.

The only thing they would ever get from me is a throw of the switch.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 03:02 PM
link   
I'm ready for a crash, it's the only way to fix this problem right. I'd also like to see all the politicians making a certain amount of money them selfs. They are all crooked up there in D.C. If they only made what they are supposed to make it would keep them honest and they would have to look out for their class. They're treated like rock stars and make all this money on the side and have more money than any hard working individual in America. I'm definitely outraged
by them and the American people who let it happen. If you're pissed like me then let's vote them out. ( I bet our vote isn't even counted )

Why can't we sue them! WHY! They can sue us, take us to court and throw us in jail but we can't do anything to them. They don't work for us because there;s to much money to be made in Washington D.C. They aren't listening to the majority who don't want a bailout. I hope we crash & crash hard because I'm scared for my kids in the future when it crashes even harder. What's next for the American government to screw up

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by dawnstar

Thank you and starred

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by disgustedbyhumanity

This environment here in America is like 1930's Germany. Bush is like our chancellor and rules by decree and we go along with it because everyone in government seems as corrupt as him. They too suffered a great depression just prior to Hitler's rise to power. Watch the money trail and see who benefits.

It looks like fanaticism to me. All this war and destruction. We need to get out of the middle east, clean up our government and business with better regulation. We need to go green and push drastic energy plans and deal with the fact that coastal cities are going to be collateral damage of global warming and just deal with it like civilized intelligent people. These raving lunatics in Washington D.C. have gone too far.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Wouldn't it be nice if a Wall Streeter had a bologni and cheese sandwich for a damn change?

I'm lucky if I can keep down that any more.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeadFlagBlues
We're not trash, we're not serfs, we're not indentured servants, we're not bums, we're not scum, we're not helpless, we're not hopeless, we're not inferior to them, and we are in no way some sort of commodity that can be bought and sold. We are people and they have trounced on my humanity since I was born.
The only thing they would ever get from me is a throw of the switch.

WOW!! That's powerful and well said. Star for you. You are so right on and I wanted to quote your whole post but I know the Mods don't like that. You just got my blood boiling and my spirit for this country on fire. Can we take back this country?, Can we make everyone accountable in Washington?, I'm ready and waiting for the call for every American to make their way to Washington and protest these thief's and kick them out. I'm waiting, because I can't do it alone, I can't do it with 1,000, 5,000, 20,000, 100,000 people. It has to be the biggest American protest to ever hit Washington D.C.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 03:44 PM
link   
SEND THIS TO YOUR CONGRESSMAN

There is an easy solution to this problem that will satisfy homeowners, taxpayers and the institutions that caused the problem. We don't need an economic problem.

The problem centers around loans that have dramatically increased their interest rates on supposed unsuspecting homeowners (even tho they could have read it in bold print on their loan documents) and on unscrupulous lenders who permitted mortgages to be given to people who did not have the means to repay.

Since it centers on professional lenders, they should be the ones who are penalized.

Here's the simple solution: make a law that changes the terms of all sub-prime loans. The law would read that, instead of changing interest to the higher rate virtually overnight at the end of the term (1-5 yrs typically), extend the term to 10 years and allow the interest to increase incrementally (the rate jump divided by 10, per year).

This would penalize the lenders, but allow them to still have "good" loans on the books. This would allow homeowners to (1) keep their homes and (2) increase their incomes more gradually to overcome the rate/month increases in their mortgage monthly payment.

The lenders get to stay in business, any bailouts are minimized and graduated over 10 years, and the value of your home and my home remains stable. It also allows the homeowners in trouble to maintain their credit, helping the banking system.

End of problem. Questions, anyone?

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Yeah. Dead Flag Blues is a powerful poster on this place. He/she has garnered my respect and loyalty. Off topic, impose sanction as necessary.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 04:57 PM
link   
700 BILLION DOLLAR RIPOFF OF THE AMERICAN PEOPLE! Rep Poe Video

One of our Congressmen with common sense gives a one minute teardown, saying we have spent more time on steriods and baseball than on considering the merits of the bailout. That sums it up...

www.youtube.com/watch?v=yjhMc5B1my0

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Dennis Kucinich.

I had lunch with you at Mr. Z's.

I want action man. Throw the dang ball. Just throw it. If it misses the mark, so be it.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 06:03 PM
link   
This is what happens when you create a class of truly USELESS EATTERS, and then stick them at the part of the foodchain that determines what is left for anyone else...

Congress is right this is a crisis, a crisis for a class that has no right existing and would by the simple expedient of people losing faith and getting angry enough tearing them down from their pedestals. The banking system as it's currently setup is a TOXIC PARASITE. They loan us back money that we'd otherwise have to buy stuff we need or want... SO what do THEY contribute to the economy? Really time for critical thinking skills here people!

I'm not saying some sort of banking system shouldn't exist, just that the current Parasitic entity should DIE OFF like all parasites that kill their hosts do. We need a symbiotic banking system that works in conjunction with making the modern world function that siphons a minimal amount of capital to small groups of individuals. Notice one thing in this whole crisis... Credit Unions aren't in any danger of failing. Unless of course pulled down by other fiscal decisions to bail out their less accountable brethren the banks.

The current financial system is broken, letting it die makes more sense than mortgaging the future in hopes of patching it together for another few years. The fact that it's been in this much trouble twice in less than a century (great depression I'll leave the SNL scandal out of it) should indicate to the critical thinkers of the world that it's fundamentally unsound.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 06:36 PM
link   
IF I could have given you ten stars, a lexus, and a new house...you'd be in. That summation can not be beaten.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Well thank you I appreciate it very much...

As I said in another thread the pro bailout people seem to be in favor of looking at a very limitted chunk of the available data especially historical. Critical thinking and the abillity to assemble a cohesive picture of an ENTIRE issue rather than chunks at a time is something that has been systematically rooted out of the educational system.

And the analogy to parasites versus symbiotes is a veiled attempt at bringing back memories of biology class. Where they teach for the ONE time you'll hear it in public school anything that strangles it's hosts to death to sustain itself is essentially doomed to spectacular die offs. It fits the banking system too well to pass up.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 08:30 PM
link   
I agree with many of the arguments presented by both sides here. But don't forget one thing: have you ever heard of "cutting off one's nose to spite one's face"? If you are in a sinking boat it does no good blaming the captain. First save yourself and then help those that you can, you'll have time later to parcel out blame. If something needs to be done, then support protections for taxpayers while supporting reforms to prevent further abuse. Let me put it another way, don't "toss the baby out with the bath water".

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

Best comment I've heard all day.
If everyone did the same, they can't put all of us in jail.
Problem is no one will have the bottle to do so.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join