It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bailout Outrage Races Across the Web

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Bailout Outrage Races Across the Web

www.fourwinds10.c om

The anger is coming from right-leaning groups as well. The National Taxpayers Union's "No More Bailouts!" petition reads: "Bailouts that keep mismanaged organizations afloat delay natural corrections to unsound business practices....Enough is enough. No more bailouts. Not with my tax dollars."

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 10:27 PM
link   
I offer my sincere congratulations to any of you who have participated in emailing your representatives. Our voices are being heard, keep flooding their email banks! Lets hope the white doves left in our government will continue to listen and serve, as they were sworn to do so.

More from the snippet:

A lot of the online rage is channeled in the form of signatures on petitions and electronic letters to members of Congress. Senator Bernie Sanders (Independent-Vt.) is circulating a popular one on the left-wing blog Huffington Post. The 1.9-million member Service Employees International Union is also circulating a sign-on letter to Congress that reads in part: "No deal. No blank check." StopTheHousingBailout.com reasons: "A bailout tells responsible Americans that they are suckers."

www.fourwinds10.c om
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by solarstorm

I think it should be simple.
If you dont want your TAX dollars bailing out wallstreet exec's for their bad business practices... dont pay tax any more!

After all, you pay tax to better your quality of life in your nation, not to give a crooked business man a lifeline.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Apparently in Congress as well. The deal did not go down. Wonder where will go, where will we go from here.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 11:00 PM
link   
I agree the bailout is a scheme. They have been mismanaging things and the taxpayers who have lost their homes, who are losing them or those who are losing their retirement because of the economy and greed are paying for mistakes that are hurting them and making it so they cannot afford to pay.

The companies need to pay for their own mistakes. Not only that the banks that supported this crap. All of this greed is detroying the country... all of these problems so a few people can sit back and make millions while not doing a ####### Thing.

Disgusting.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 11:03 PM
link   
As much as I want to believe that WE the American people have sunk this bail-out, I still get the feeling that it's not over.

And from what I hear, it's the House Republicans that are holding up this Bail-out, at least for now. This is the first time I'm gonna actually root for the slime bags.

Inside the session, House Republican leader John Boehner expressed misgivings about the emerging plan and McCain would not commit to supporting it, said people from both parties who were briefed on the exchange. They spoke on condition of anonymity because the session was private.

Source:Chicago Sun-Times

I'm not holding my breath though. I think they (Both Republicans and Democrats) will eventually reach a deal and get this thing passed. Anyway...that doesn't mean we should give up hope. We should all continue to voice our disapproval of this bail-out!!

[edit on 25-9-2008 by Gateway]

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Just make sure the opposition to this bill is based on real knowledge of the situation.

It is my feeling that if the bailout doen't go through we will have a run on the banks ala the great depression and widespread bank failure. Maybe you people don't keep any money in the bank? It will also collapse our economy and leave many busineses unable to operate meaning wide spread job loss. No jobs and no access to your own money.

Also understand that it is more then likely that this will cost taxpayers nothing. The plan is to buy these loans below true value. They will later bring a greater value and a return for taxpayers. I'm in favor of just letting the homeowner redo the mortgage at the price paid. That would put us past this mess and allow us to move forward as a country. Why everyone would not want that is beyond me.

In any case, failure to bailout the banks and homeowners will mean most everyone elses economic demise as well. Sure it ain't fair but that is the way it is and in the end everyone in America will benefit through renewed economic growth. Has the Good Samaritan story been removed from the Bible and Christian teaching? It must have been, given the response to helping peopleout of bad situations.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Fascinating turn of events. I would have thought they would have bowed low and adopted whatever w criteria there was.

But it is not happening. w is getting slammed. It is high time he got a swirly.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by disgustedbyhumanity

Read this article

articles.moneycentral.msn.com...

Then repost if neccessary.

Sure its neccessary to fix the banking situation. But the country is using the hardworking people to help the Rich only get richer. Every True American should be in Washington at the moment. They are so corrupt in washington though that if crowds were to appear there would be martial law... thus making things a whole lot prettier.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 11:15 PM
link   
I always thought martial law and beat down was high on the list of paranoia.

I think this know more.

I pray our military compatriates will not bring down the hammer on their neighbors.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by rjmelter

That article refers to Fannie and Freddie and is wrong in several assertions about the cost of thoseprograms. It is virtually impossible for the Govermennt to not get all their money back. Fredie and Fannie have trillions of dollars of assets backing these credit lines which have not even been drawn on.

The arfticle also fails to mention that if we default on our obligations to China ar anyone else the dollar becomes dirt and welcome to Zimbabwe. Why do you want that to happen based on a misinformed impression of what is happening and what will happen.

Want economic collapse? Then don't let the bailout happen. It is really as simple as that.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
After all, you pay tax to better your quality of life in your nation not to give a crooked business man a lifeline.

If only that were true.

Taxes are just "protection money" paid to the federal mafia reserve. I pay so that I don't get hauled off to prison, that's it. If enough people stopped paying all at once, there wouldn't be enough room in the prisons. I wonder what they would do then?

I hope the whole system comes crashing down. It doesn't matter how sturdy the building is if the foundation is crooked, and they keep trying to make the building bigger.

It's like when you're learning how to ski for the first time. You start going down the mountain and accelerating faster and faster. The sooner you fall, the less you get hurt. Get going too fast and losing your balance can end up with broken bones. The longer this bailout scheme goes on, the more we're all going to hurt.

All those bank execs with their golden parachutes better use some of that money to hire private security forces... they're gonna need it!

People are getting pissed and starting to see things as they are, and it's about damn time.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 11:45 PM
link   
I do not mean for this to be a one liner. I tried posting a new breaking news thread about this but it was instantly deleted. About one hour ago it was reported. Washington Mutual has failed. The government stepped in and shut her down... Thought I would update yall.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by disgustedbyhumanity
Why do you want that to happen based on a misinformed impression of what is happening and what will happen.

No offense intended..But what makes you think millions of Americans are "misinformed"??? And do you think you are the only person that is "informed"? And as far as "what will happen" as bolded by me in your post....Nobody knows what will happen. And I'd go out on a limb and say, not even you know what will happen.

Originally posted by disgustedbyhumanity
Want economic collapse?

If it brings down the unconstitutional Federal Reserve, and brings back a more sane form of currency and economics - sure. I'm willing to sacrifice for that, as it will bring forth the best for America and for my future grandchildren.

Our house of cards economic system is going to eventually fail - with or without a bailout. It's as simple as that. America knows that.

Do I want my future grandchildren to be indebted to the government? Hell no. I repeat HELL NO. And this bailout will just tag on a Trillion or two in it's lifetime. I doubt, IMO, we will ever see this money back if it's given away..

My $0.02

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by titorite
I do not mean for this to be a one liner. I tried posting a new breaking news thread about this but it was instantly deleted. About one hour ago it was reported. Washington Mutual has failed. The government stepped in and shut her down... Thought I would update yall.

I read that too....Tomorrow morning will be interesting indeed. It seems the Asian markets right now are down.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Our country was raped and compromised long ago. It is just now coming to its eventual conclusion. Hopefully good minds will be abe to solve this in some way. It will be a rocky road regardless.

Seeing G1 sitting at the riders cup last week. Knowing the Rothchilds own this country. And are sucking us dry.

We are not in our happy place.

[edit on 9/26/2008 by jpm1602]

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by solarstorm

Agreed,
Tomorrow will be very interesting. Indeed.

[edit on 9/26/2008 by justme2]

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by justme2

You are uninformed because you believe this bailout will cost us money. Quite the opposite. It is going to cost our banks all the money and in many cases their shareholders almost everything. This article says it well.

Wall Street Journal

I also beleive that this is one of the first moves to abolishing the federal reserve. We can do it causing great pain or we can do it in such a way that the transition becomes much less painful.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Helping people out of bad situations is a great calling,as long as the situation they are in is not of their own making.These wallstreet greed mongers have looted the system and now they want us to put the money back in their wallets. We have suffered their arrogance long enough.
We are thought of as dumb animals,sheep to be fleeced nothing more.
I wouldn't doubt hearing them say,"let them eat cake"

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 12:36 AM
link   

I never stated that We should let the bailout happen. I am against it. Sorry for the one liner but dont like my words being altered for show.

Edit to add:

The poster above me pretty much desribed my feelings. Good job you get a star.

[edit on 26-9-2008 by rjmelter]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join