It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Demonstrators Head to Wall Street to Protest Bailout

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Demonstrators Head to Wall Street to Protest Bailout

www.democracynow.org

something that isn’t vague are the emerging rallies against Wall Street bailout that are being held today in over a hundred cities. In Washington, protesters are gathering outside the Treasury Department at 4:00 p.m. Here in New York, a protest is set for 4:00 p.m., as well, in Bowling Green Park near Wall Street.

As Bush Admin Pushes $700B for Wall Street, Ralph Nader Asks, “Why Is There Need for a Bailout?”

As the Bush administration intensifies its pressure for Congress to quickly approve a $700 billion bailout of the financial industry, we get reaction from Independent presidential candidate and consumer advocate Ralph Nader. Nader calls Democratic claims of White House concessions “wish fulfillment” and says the bailout might not be needed in the first place.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
campaignsilo.firedoglake.com
money.cnn.com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
The crisis deepens
JPMorgan Buys Failed WaMu Assets for $1.9 Billion

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Well...here we go and its only a few days in....should continue to get interesting since WAMU FAILED today and its assets were siezed...and it was the largest lender left in the States....I agree with the old chestnut, Nader.... let Wall Street eat their own worthless paper...and take it on the chin...We the people are going to take it on the chin regardless....if this bailout passes, we will simply be accepting more of their lies and the cost will astronomical...as it was for the war in Iraq another fiscal lie told to a shell shocked U.S population - Our gullibility has it limits...Thank God...

www.democracynow.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 10:31 PM
link   
How did I miss this? The only protest I heard about isn't set to happen for another month. Looks like I need to do more digging. Hope to see plenty of others protesting this garbage in the coming weeks!

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by EtSolveMundi
How did I miss this? The only protest I heard about isn't set to happen for another month. Looks like I need to do more digging. Hope to see plenty of others protesting this garbage in the coming weeks!

I guess it was pulled together very quickly - and of course - it was not reported by MSM on any of the networks that I saw - that may change as things progress though...

top topics

join