It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Comedian Chris Rock if I was elected president first thing I would do is find out about the UFOs

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Got a better idea I think anyway...

Unclassify every single document written by the goverment that doesn't list current living spy's names in it.

There you go reveal all to the world of course it could cause every known country to want to nuke us but hey maybe they'll be thankful we let them see what yesterdays leaders were really up to lol...

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 11:43 AM
link   
I don't know how serious he was about checking out the ufos. It was probably more of a joke given Larry King's history with that subject. Given other interviews and stand up Chris has done about politics his first actions would probably be more "grounded".

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 12:02 PM
link   
i agree, he probably was poking at the recent larry king shows on ufos..however, its also interesting to think that he's also saying it as a means to break the secrecy with our government...lets find out about the ufos means more to me that he wants to find out "how" the government is able to keep a secret from society..its a pro "let the people know the facts" statement to me. stating UFOs is just the tool to get the point across.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 01:19 PM
link   
This is funny cuz chris rock is in a movie where he is elected president, "Head of state". It wouldve been cool to see him act that out on the movie.

-Z-

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dock6
If that's his first priority, then we can consider ourselves fortunate he's not president.

UFOs aren't the most pressing problem facing the US right now.

In fact, there's no proof that UFOs exist

Hope the guy sticks to his day job

actually theres countless proofs, your just blind

just because you lack knowledge doesnt mean u gotta hold the rest of us back

im fortunate your not the president lol

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Amen to that muzzle. What would you have us do? Chase down a ufo which travels at lightspeeds and can travel intergalactically, blow it out of the sky when their weapons likely far surpass ours and show you the little green men when we succeed with that ultimately impossible task?
Seeing is believing. If you've ever had a UFO experience, you never stop to doubt that we're not alone in the universe. Go to wikipedia and look up the Drake Equation. I believe it is loosely quoted, "You would have to be ignorant to think that in the vast infinitum of space there is no other intelligent life besides us."
Check it.
-Z-

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Total Package

No proof that UFO's exist???? I think what you mean to say is that there is sufficient proof in your eyes that UFO's are from other planet's.

Nobody in their right sane mind could say there is no proof that UFO's exist.

Didn't Stephen Hawkins come out not to long ago and say that w/o a doubt there is no alien life in the universe? Granted he is a world renown physicists and I don't agree with him, but I think it would be safe to assume he is some what sane.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 03:27 PM
link   
There are literally millions of people who have seen something so strange seemingly defying the known laws of gravity and physics that to say there is no chance of an as yet unexplained "alien" intelligence would be showing a form of intelligent insanity.

Not only that, but by doing so, you are alienating all those who have seen a real physics defyiing UFO by acting like they are mentally deficient or a crackpot.

Here's a newsflash for you...Even scientists can be crazy and or a crackpot.

Like I said in another post, you yourself may not believe in UFOs, but when you see one that defies all scientific explanation you will believe that there is something as yet unexplained and possibly something we may never explain because of the technology involved.

Many who deny do so because they are so secure in their "I know everything there is to know about the world" security blanket, they try their best to explain the phenomena away as explainable.

This is called security obfuscation and an attempt by your brain to make you feel at ease and in control of a situation that is otherwise unexplainable and out of your normal comfort zone.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by hILB3rT

Does it get any more ignorant? Really....does it?

Do you really think that Stephen Hawking KNOWS without a doubt that there is no life outside of Earth? Of course not, unless that voice-thing is also an intergalactic space ship capable of traversing every corner of spacetime with a blink of an eye.

It would be insanely foolish for anyone to ever think that way. Given the fact that there are trillions of trillions of star systems, the chance that just ONE of them, besides Earth, contains life is practically guaranteed. No one KNOWS with certainty either way at this time, but it is far easier and makes a lot more sense to assume there is life out there (Drake equation) than it is to assume there isn't.

At the very least, if there isn't another single-celled organism in the entire universe besides the ones here on Earth, then God is a terribly ineffecient designer and should be fired.

Edit: typo

[edit on 26-9-2008 by Boom Slice]

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by TH3ON3

Who are you replying to? If its me then your wasting your breath. I believe there are other lifeforms other then our own. I even said I don't agree with Mr. Hawkins even though he is a renown physicists. I was merely pointing out that there are intelligent people that don't believe they exist.

If you weren't responding to me then disregard this post.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Boom Slice

Wow did you only read half my post? I said I DON'T AGREE with him. I was merely pointing out that there are intelligent world renown people that think otherwise.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 03:42 PM
link   

If that's his first priority, then we can consider ourselves fortunate he's not president.

UFOs aren't the most pressing problem facing the US right now.

I think you're wrong. A lot of the major problems this world has would be taken care of if such a disclosure were to happen. It would solve the energy problem, which itself is a huge cause of several disputes on this planet. Not to mention a lot of other problems that you'd never think have anything to do with other worldly people visiting this planet would be pushed into the open as well, and therefore would require attention and solutions. As well, millions of people would be forced to grow up, embrace spirituality and evolve, and let go of long time religious dogma that polutes the earth with warmongering and extremist views. It would change the world.
Yes my friend, i do believe non-disclosure of this phenomenon is one of the biggest problems in this world today, if not the biggest. Most of the major problems we face can be tied to it atleast indirectly. Its holding the whole world back and keeping it from evolving.
We don't need absolute proof of their existence. There is such a wealth of evidence out there, there isn't a question of whether they exist. The question is, when are people going to grow up and accept it. Wake up

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by hILB3rT

I sincerely doubt that an individual as bright as Stephen Hawking would ever utter something so foolish. If you could link to it, I would appreciate it, as I would like to personally find him and toss him into a black hole if he truly believes this....
OK, maybe the tossing of Hawking into a blackhole is an over-reaction in this case...or is it?

Either way, I doubt he said it. And I wasn't calling your beliefs out on this, only Mr. Hawking if he did indeed say this. Anyways, back to the topic...

After viewing the clip it seems like Chris Rock was half-joking to an extent and may have been, as others have pointed out, jabbing at King's recent waves of UFO coverage.

I do think that anyone elected into the Presidency would inquire into this on some level, regardless of their interest in the field, just because this issue is so important if true. It doesn't matter that the economy is in the tanks, I would think that anyone elected President would at least ask his advisors, even if half joking, if there is any truth behind any ET activity, once they enter office. I mean, wouldn't you...extreme skeptic or not?

I'm not saying that the Prez would do anything good with this new found info, but it would be an obligation to the citizens of this country to at least inquire a little bit into it, when you got the chance.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Famed astrophysicist Stephen Hawking has been thinking a lot about the cosmic question, “Are we alone?” The answer is probably not, he says.

If there is life elsewhere in the universe, Hawking asks why haven’t we stumbled onto some alien broadcasts in space, maybe something like “alien quiz shows?”

hawkin

I really don't wanna use this to justify my argument but its the best I can do spur of the moment at work.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by hILB3rT

Sorry about any misunderstanding...hope my next post cleared that up.

After thinking about this a little bit more, I bet Hawking said that the UFO phenomenon is not ET related, which a lot of bright people would agree with. Sagan, for one, completely doubted the UFO = ET craft connection, and he was one of the brightest men of the last century (in my mind).

But even Sagan said that given that there were (up until the 80's) a million reported UFO sightings world-wide, only one would have to be genuinely ET to prove the phenomenon. And since we can't extensively investigate each and every one to be 100% sure that it is all terrestrial, we can't definitively rule out the ET UFO phenom. Now, we get hundreds of thousands of reports world wide every year, and yes the majority are probably still mis-identifications, but even still, it would only take 1.

He, like many others, felt our efforts in this endeavor would be better placed elsewhere. Enter, SETI...exit, lots of money that would be better spent on searching for life under the ice-sheets of the moon, Europa, for example....which we still don't have a project in place to explore.

Anyways, nuff bout people doubtin UFO = ET as that is not the topic at hand. I apologize for the tangent.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 04:09 PM
link   
If UFOs are real,'IF' ... and all the insider posts about secret bases technologies etc are true, now would be a good time for the USA to open this piggy bank up.

As it might solve a lot of your problems very quickly

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 04:15 PM
link   

back on topic....

Chris rock 4 president! lol not really.

edited: cause I wanted to =p

[edit on 26-9-2008 by hILB3rT]

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Good for Chris Rock.

Extraterestrials seem to be in the overall public consciousness now. Hopefully alot of people will have seen this interview and taken what this man has said to heart. Hopefully alot of new people will now know that the subject is above ridicule and deserves serious investigation.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Dock6

I think an advanced alien species visiting our planet is a huge issue anyway you look at it...

Are they stealing resources?
Experimenting on unsuspecting citizens?
Preparing for an invasion?
Did they fly a buzillion light years to tell us something important?
Can we share information with them?
Why is the Government hiding them?

This is a big issue to me at least. As for proof, all we have is lots of evidence.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Boom Slice
I bet Hawking said that the UFO phenomenon is not ET related, which a lot of bright people would agree with.h:

The only way I would agree with that, is if the aliens doing the abductions used other means of travel

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join