It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you had your own world....

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Recently, I started a thread about what you'd do if you were suddenly in charge of your country. It went off great. I got a ton of well thought out answers and interesting ideas. But a lot of answers had to do with the UN and NATO. In other words, global politics. So what if those didn't exist? A true utopian world? A blank slate? It seems a bigger and more interesting question to me. So here's this thread....

"If you had your own world".

Same everything....size, atmosphere, plant life, ocean life, wildlife....as Earth. Just a small group of people who've been there a few generations. Let's say 250,000 world wide and growing. And they all understand that you are in charge. You have all of the answers. You are the King/Queen of the world and rule, absolutely.

What would you call your planet? Would you have seperate countries or a "one world" order? What would your laws be? What would your social policies be? What would you ask and/or demand of your loyal subjects? What would your global/social goals be? What states of progress would you focus on?

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Tree laden with eucyliptus, It's grounds would float in the sky above an expansive freshwater world.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 09:51 PM
link   
I would love to live in a world that is mostly tribal societies, with a heavy naturalistic and animistic slant, and with NO desire to "improve" their conditions or mechanize.

[edit on 25-9-2008 by asmeone2]

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 10:11 PM
link   
My world. I'll name it "Gaia". My world in no real order of points....

Every citizen gets FREE health and dental care and education, as far as they can go. I believe the country can only be as strong as the sum of its' people and their collective potential.

Most drugs are legal, controlled, licensed, and taxed. The ones that are illegal, are very illegal and punishment is harsh for sellers.

I'd make different states around the world. Each with it's own flag and sense of local pride. But all understanding they exist as a part of one world.

Because of different states, I'd have a summer and winter Olympics. It's just fun to watch and it really is 'good' for the masses, overall. Same rules as here for that.

Mass/spree murderers, child molesters, and severely corrupt politicians and finance/business executives (ie; multi-million dollar thieves who sink families with deliborate scams), would get the death penalty, upon conviction of the same.

All children would be required to complete high school. If they resist, there would be places similar to juvenile detention centers, to aid them in their studies until they are complete.

After HS grad, all citizens would be required to either attend; college/ university, military/emergancy services (which I would mesh with fire and general policing services), or public services for a minimum of 4 years. All of this would not only be free, but would pay minimum wage on top for time, provided standards are met.

Prisoners would be required to work. Mostly in construction, waste management, government services (ie; license plates, gravel crushing....), or retain certain marks in persuit of educational courses in prison. No free rides.

All people on social assistance would be required to be doing some form of certified educational program and passing it, or working a minimum number of hours in community programs, for minimum wage.

Gangs/groups that prove to be against society in general and/or violent, would be treated as domestic terrorists, and shut down accordingly. Members would be made to move apart from each other and begin school or public service.

Spirituality would be encouraged to the individual but the registration/tax exemption/recognition of any organised "churches" would not be allowed. Social groups and volunteered guidance are fine but money can not be given or it is subject to taxation as a donation and any member denials due to lack of donations will be considered descriminatory and thereby illegal.

I am for freedom of choice in the issue of religion, but I am generally opposed to organised religion. Too many follow it blindly and too often get burned one way or another. (This is my observation, not religous opinion). (If you don't like it, start your own world and say the opposite).

War would be considered fully illegal. Any and all participants would be imediately all tried for conspiracy to commit murder and inciting social disorder and charged accordingly. No exceptions. Thier leaders would be charged with the same, plus certain articles that pertain to the two paragraphs above this one.

Marriage would be abolished, in a sense. The term would still exist but would be fully a legal term only, refering to two adults who've chosen to fully join all of their financial, legal, etc, holdings into one union. The seperation of said union is simple and fully equally divided.

I'll post more when they come to me. Peace.

[edit on 9/25/2008 by Static Sky]

[edit on 9/26/2008 by Static Sky]

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 09:39 AM
link   
With 250,000 people there, I would keep my population centralized and develope outwards in all directions as numbers increase. My first city would be called "Genesis City". All political facilities would be hq'd there.

Political parties would be bound by law to always persue and gain in the areas they promised during their running for office. They must gain approval from the "Senate Ministers" to change course/philosophy.

Five parties per election would get equal media ads, debate time, speach time on the campaign trail, and equal money to spend in these things. All 5 parties would be on the ballot and each election the party in 5th at the end, is dropped from the next ballot and replaced by the top ranking party that wasn't on the last one.

Each country would have its own elected Prime Minister every 5 years, with the PM being able to call early elections after 3 years, to renew his/her term. No maximum term time is set.

Under the PM, would be 5 "Staff Ministers". 2 "SM's" would have to be from opposition parties. The other 3 are appointed by the PM.

Under the "SM's", would be the "Senate Ministers". Each country can appoint 2. They all have equal power and are in full time debates/votes about all aspects of government and law. They have the power to call for a new election at any time, or to eject the current PM, with 3 consecutive 90% or greater votes, in 3 consecutive months.

My world would focus on green energies only. I would push all efforts to space. Orbiting vacation ships, moon bases, long trip-mega ships....our efforts would be to perfect the technologies required to achieve these goals, and others like them.

All cities would be designed around mass transit infrastructure, and public pathways. Then roads and parks (and sewers, etc...) are put in place, then buildings. There would be 1 big/tall DT core in the cities center and 4 smaller/shorter "Uptown" cores in the center of each quadrant. This should keep traffic reasonable at all times and send more people to surrounding communities, where public transit would also reach.

Homes would be spread out a little better (bigger lots). No tightly packed communities. Your neighbors home on fire should not be near enough to scorch your home. (A lot of new communities in our current big cities, are packed in pretty tightly. I think this is detrimental to the family unit, not to mention ugly).

I'll add more if I think of them. Peace.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 09:42 AM
link   
I would have 1 gender, thats the one thing, i think, a decent society would need. Not sure on the rest, i will edit later.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 05:20 PM
link   
I would limit the work week to 4 days max and encourage companies to use 4-10 hour days. All months would have at least 1 stat holiday, and quarerly, 2 days off in a month. All FT workers get 2 weeks per year off on top of that. These measures are designed to promote a tighter family life. I think most of us work too much for too little.

All homes and businesses would be required to have solar panels on the roof and a each city would have a windmill infrastructure to maintain and grow, as well. The goal is for everyone to be able to have access to unlimited electrical energy that is very close to free, for all.

I'd want very cheap high speed internet, phones and basic cable for everyone too. Communication is essential. It is freedom and power. Not to mention entertainment.

I would have 3 different classes of grocery stores, too. Economic, Mid-market, and Premium. The premium market is over taxed on everything but they get the choicest products. The Mid-market is very slightly over taxed. You pretty much get what you pay for. The Economic market is partially subsidized by the premium and mid-markets' taxes. Everything is constantly inspected and perfectly good, but the point is to make it all very affordable for lower income families. You need a pass (based on income tax assessments), to qualify to enter economic markets.

The government would own all farms and ranches designated for food sources. The managers of farms and ranches get a very good government salary and are thus protected from droughts, infestations, etc. And this allows for superior quality control, too. We would know what the animals are being fed and how they're being treated, better.

A major goal of mine would to create an environment where very few would ever become rediculously rich, but even fewer would ever be under the poverty line.

Most drugs and alcohol would be legal but tightly controlled and heavily taxed. These are true luxery items and nobody NEEDS them. Treatment centers would be free and accessable to all. Cigarettes are illegal. Cigars and pipe tobacco are heavily taxed.

That's all I've got for now.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 05:26 PM
link   
No more wars, and for everyone, a genetically-altered kitten that does not age nor poop.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Static Sky

All children would be required to complete high school. If they resist, there would be places similar to juvenile detention centers, to aid them in their studies until they are complete.

The only reason I point this out from your many posts is because you used the word Utopia, and it was central to this/your discussion...

Your world sounds more like a dictatorship - ran by you. You even hint towards population control...

The OP started off rather well, but then it went into so many rules and regulations that I faded out...

My idea of a utopian world would be one were there are no rules, because none are needed...

grammar edit

[edit on 9/26/2008 by chapter29]

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 05:39 PM
link   
On my world there would be no politicians, there would be no banks and also I would let free religion to anyone... exception... I would ban Zionists and all the greedy bastards out from my planet. Oh, and there would be a centralized free religion.

Oh, and anyone who would want to fight in the name of God, that one would be kicked out from the planet too. No one would fight on MY planet.

[edit on 26-9-2008 by Sheridan]

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Sheridan

"There's only two things I hate in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch."

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Austin Powers - Goldmember, right?

Actually I only hate the Zionists. Everyone else may stay. But hey! If they want to make a planet for themselves, do it. Far away from my one... maybe at the other side of the galaxy.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by chapter29

Ah but it's MY Utopia, so yes, it is run by me. And as I mentioned before, if you don't like it, start your own world and claim likewise. (I'm giving worlds away for free here, you know). As for your idea of an anarchistic free-for-all Utopia, that's your opinion and I respect it. But that's not my idea of Utopia.

So tell me about your perfect world, then. You are more than welcome.It's sort of what I'm after here.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by chapter29
[
The OP started off rather well, but then it went into so many rules and regulations that I faded out...

My idea of a utopian world would be one were there are no rules, because none are needed...

Do you seriously believe that?
Or are you pulling our hypothetic legs?

No rules are needed... for what?
For thugs to impose theirs?
(Because that's what would happen in a lawless society - assuming we're still talking about ordinary human Earthlings, of course, and not some angelic creatures from outer space.)

Humans cannot function, let alone thrive, without structure, without rules.
And that's a fact of life. It's embedded in our human condition.
And because it's a perfectly natural "law", there's nothing wrong with it.

[edit on 14-10-2008 by Vanitas]

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Static Sky

Where were you when I was fifteen and diligently devising my own "Republic"?

(And that was BEFORE I read Plato.)
I would have LOVED to have someone to discuss my ideas on legislation, back then.
It took me weeks, maybe months, but in the end I had thought out even the fines for various traffic infractions. (Oh yes!
)

All of it - except for what I remember - was then lost in one of our never-ending relocations to some other part of the planet... What I do remember, still sounds pretty good.

But this much I can tell you even now...

You are the King/Queen of the world and rule, absolutely.

That's the ONLY way to rule - the only way *I* am prepared to rule.

(In all seriousness, though, judging by actual results throughout history, there is a lot to be said for "enlightened absolutism" as a form of rule. No partisan bickering just to score points with the electoral body, no silly obstruction of sound - and, if need be, revolutionary - legislation, no selling out for votes... L'etat c'est moi. Ah, those were the days..!.
)

More on some other occasion. :-)

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 03:11 PM
link   
If I had my own world there would be no crime, violence, hunger, seperation, No needs no wants. etc. In other words it would be utopia kinda like Iran is now.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Vanitas

Hi Vanitas. Thank you very much for the flags you gave this thread, as well as my "Strangest Experiences" thread. Any time you feel like writing out all of your rules again, please feel free. I'd love another member to give a detailed list of policies they would base "Their" world on.

Thanks again and be well.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
If I had my own world there would be no crime, violence, hunger, seperation, No needs no wants. etc. In other words it would be utopia kinda like Iran is now.

I thought that was Cuba. :-)
(Or was it China?
I always confuse those two...
)

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 11:25 PM
link   
The following quote is from another registered ATS member whom wishes to remain anonymous at this time, but has kindly asked me to post their response to the OP.

"“Its Good To Be The King”

First things first, how was it I was chosen, magic wand, divine rite….No matter.

If I were not allowed to keep Earth as the name, I would name it “Veritas”. Within one week of coronation I would make a public speech to the people that at the end of the first year I would abdicate, and I would pass an edict that stated that if I was found in that position after that year I would be executed.

I would inform my loyal subjects that I, and a select group of scholars will be developing a form of government that would replace my kingdom. All people ,everywhere will be given a vote whether or not they wish to join this new government. If they wish to do so, they may join with open arms. If they wish to create their own, they will be accepted with open arms as equals.

Ancient sites will belong to all, regardless of claims, that is if there are any, the OP did not specify this. These sites are to be considered global heritage sites and preserved not as places of worship, but of sacrifice and internment. They will be treated with the utmost respect. If my people do not know their origins, I will devise plans to educate them in a compassionate manner to this end.

It would be my wish that it would be a republican form of government, but that would be up to the people themselves to decide. I would emphasize stronger measures in this government that the people who are elected serve no other that the people who elected them. One thing I would insist upon is monitoring of all servants who work for the people. This would last for two years after they left office. The monitoring agency would report to the people directly and to any news agencies. They will be the fire department for corruption. They will not monitor citizens unless they leave our country, and return. This too will last for two years. The Presidency would be decided by a popular vote, the one with the most vote becomes president, the one with the second highest, becomes his vice, or second. All judges, in all courts will be voted upon. The legal system will be streamlined and taught in schools.

I will initiate a space program that picks up where John F. Kennedy tragically left off. We will aim for the stars as a people. We must be aware that there might be others out there who are not exactly the same as us. We will do our utmost to respect any and all other life forms, and maybe some, give a second chance.

Within that year I would order that alternate forms of energy be found and brought into service as soon as humanly possible. The whole structure of Business would be formed around the 3 P principal, People, Product, and then profit, as compared to today’s revered philosophy.

There would be no state sponsored religion. For myself, I will continue to thank the Divine for every day I draw a breath."

*“Veritas” (Latin: "truth") honesty and truthfulness.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 02:26 AM
link   
I would have to say the perfect world would be simple everything is free to all

All transportation would be electric/solar with a light on top when fully charged the light goes out..no such thing as mine or yours its community property..all cars are parked in a community lot in the center of town. All cars are controled by gps and computers so there would be less accidents.

Schooling would begin at 5 and you are taught everything from farming to space enginering until you graduate at 21.. breakfast and lunch will be provided
when you graduate you pick the field you enjoyed the most

It will be up to everyone to do everything to maintain a clean environment and repair anything that is broke.

The law would be up to a elected sheriff/judge of his community and his job would be to make sure someone is maintaining the repairs as needed if something is broke ...
crime rate will be at a minimun because there would not be a reason for it....drugs, if it isn't grown then its illegal.. alcohol will only distributed in a bar and 2 drinks is the limit and it will be in each community ....Anyone breaking the law will have to work 2 shifts a day for a year no days off for first and second offense, third offense you are sent to space for 10 yrs.

The laws for punishment would be rape,child molesting under 15, stealing would be almost obsolete because why steal if its free, there might be a few more but cant think of then now...The only exception to this would be murder if you kill then you are sent to space for the rest of your life to live on a space station in solitary confinement.

breakfast and lunch would be provided during your shift of 7 hrs workday
5 days a week .... if your off work then you go to the community store and pick what you want for that day(no hording)

Each community will have a basic farm and the things that are not grown locally will be shipped in

Medical would be free to all... Dental would not be a problem because sugar is limited with your meals... almost sounds dictorial but it is for the betterment of my people.

All building wil be made out of hemp(no more logging) and they will all have a storm shelter built in underground .. solar panels and a water collection system will be on all rooftops ...ie no electric grid all houses will hooked up to a waste recycle plant in that community,all solid waste will be processed back into the community as fertilizer for the lawns

Phones will be landline only.

hemp would be grown on everyones property to make sure there is enough material for all the things it can be used for.ie paper, medical use,building material

all factories will be no closer than 15 minute drive from each community except for space launches they will be 45 minutes away (safety for my people)

that would be a nice start

rtcctr

<<   2 >>

join